ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Who is this Lindor guy- we should lock him up for a long time and pay him what he wants .,,

Seriously- dude is on fire.

Vientos- holy crap

Reactions: Knight Shift
Hard to imagine that Mark Vientos did not make the team out of spring training, because the Mets had to keep both Joey Wendle and Zack Short.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Hard to imagine that Mark Vientos did not make the team out of spring training, because the Mets had to keep both Joey Wendle and Zack Short.
I don't think anyone beats OS for MVP this year just because...

That said- Vientos- may actually be the guy that does it for us down the road- he would be in the running this year if he didn't spend a quarter of the season in the minors

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Wow. Another walk off !

Whatta great story Vientos is !

If McNeil is hurt - Probably means Luis Angel Acuna is brought up

I still am cautiously optimistic that Baty can do and will do well next year !

Hopefully DBacks lose and we fall 1 game in the loss column behind them. !

So fun to watch !

Houston leads Arizona 8-0 after 6 innings. If that result holds, Mets will trail D-Backs by only 1.5 games.

Over the eight game winning streak, the Mets have trailed in exactly four innings:

* Against the D-Backs in game 1 of the streak, they trailed for three innings.

* Against the White Sox in game 2 of the streak, they trailed for one inning.

* Over the last six games they have never trailed.

Fun quiz. The Mets are so friggin fun to watch right now. Other thoughts:
1. You gotta hope Severino, Meanea and Peterson can continue to be an effective trio down the stretch - I don't have as much confidence in Blackburn or Quintana.
2. The Megill experiment (going on four years now?) needs to end immediately, and I would not even bother offering him a contract for next year (too many walks to be an effective reliever).
3. If Senga CAN come back, you put him in the bullpen or use him as a two or three inning opener. The latter might be effective in the playoffs in particular.
4. Winker and Martinez should be in a straight up platoon the rest of the year at DH. I know the latter has had some big hits, but overall he's definitely on the downward slope of a nice career.
5. The bullpen has done okay lately! Slightly worried about Butto, and would not expose him more than one inning at a time now. Brazoaban should not pitch before Ottavino. Diaz has looked fantastic the last three or four outings, but you can't trust him like you once did. Garrett has come back closer to his earlier form and Maton is a friggin godsend with a rubber arm.
6. Lindor is a stud....he might be over .280 by the end of the year with 30 HR, 100 RBI's, 30 SB and 100 runs. Incredible. He should never leave the lead off spot.
7. Slumping hitters - you hope that Nimmo and Alvarez can come back to their for from earlier in the year. On the latter - the time he was hurt was the worst thing that could happen.
8. I am 50/50 on Alonso coming back at this point. I don't think we can afford both alonso and soto, as well as fill our other needs. On the other hand, I think Soto is a Yankee for life.
Good analysis. My thoughts.

* Blackburn has already announced as Monday's starter. I am guessing Megill will be sent down. He is arbitration eligible next year, and I would not be surprised if he is non-tendered.

* Agree about Senga. He is on the 60 day IL and cannot be activated until September 25, when there will be only five days left in the season.

* I still see Martinez has pretty much the every day DH.

* I think the chance of resigning Alonso are significantly less than 50-50. I really don't think the Mets view him as a priority.

Good analysis. My thoughts.

* Blackburn has already announced as Monday's starter. I am guessing Megill will be sent down. He is arbitration eligible next year, and I would not be surprised if he is non-tendered.

* Agree about Senga. He is on the 60 day IL and cannot be activated until September 25, when there will be only five days left in the season.

* I still see Martinez has pretty much the every day DH.

* I think the chance of resigning Alonso are significantly less than 50-50. I really don't think the Mets view him as a priority.
One of the things mentioned- we aren’t signing Soto so- how do we replace Pete in the lineup?

…and gave Baty an exceptionally long leash the past year or so. However, in all fairness, Vientos’ bat has been exceptional but he has truly surprised with the glove this year.

We can’t downplay Peterson this year either.

I have also really started to believe in our manager too. I didn’t like him early but love this guy.

Reactions: RUSCFORMERLYRULOU
I think Mendoza has been good all year. Haven't really had any problems and seems like the players really like him. He'll be up there for manager of the year but right now that'll probably go to Murphy from the Brewers.

Acuna hasn't been good so unless they use him for speed only I'm not expecting it.

Stewart not in the Syracuse lineup so it's going to be him it appears. Acuna in lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT