ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

And that’s after a start where he was escaping like Houdini and had a 0.00 ERA for a good stretch. He’s fallen off a cliff.
Exactly correct.

He was below average even when he was getting saves early in the season.

The way the starters have been going, the bullpen won't make it to September.

Reactions: RW90
Sure they are losing games because he sucks. Bad contract. Sometimes you have to eat them.
Are you saying he has to play because he has a big contract?? Is your real name Hal Steinbrenner?
Ha, I wish, then I wouldnt be having to work the night shift right now. We all know Hal is not his father. I would love them to eat his contract but they might think he may have some value as a future pinch hitter. I do not recall them eating such a big contract before, if it was 1 yr maybe but 2 yrs left? It would give Hal indigestion. But if he gets loudly booed by the fans every time he bats then they will have to give him away for a bag of popcorn. He cant become a distraction.

Last edited:
Ha, I wish, then I wouldnt be having to work the night shift right now. We all know Hal is not his father. I would love them to eat his contract but they might think he may have some value as a future pinch hitter. I do not recall them eating such a big contract before, if it was 1 yr maybe but 2 yrs left? It would give Hal indigestion. But if he gets loudly booed by the fans every time he bats then they will have to give him away for a bag of popcorn. He cant become a distraction.
He has no value...except maybe as a defensive replacement at the end of some games. His previously-excellent hitting skills are gone. There has to be guys on their AAA or AA teams who can provide more offense than he is. What are they accomplishing by keeping him on the roster ?

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Sellers at the deadline.

Only two guys are untouchable.

I suspect a 1-5/0-6 road trip against Boston and Philly will result in Boone getting canned.
Has to.
It didn't look too promising going into this six-game road trip. Three in Boston followed by three in Philadelphia.
Then there was the first game giveaway in Boston.
Amazing turn-around over the next four. Jazz has provided quite the spark.
Let's just hope that Cole returns to form.

Thinking he has value is not reality. The ate Arods $27 million and others

Agree that Cashman didn't do enough at the deadline. Holmes now has a Save percentage under 75%, but I don't see any other options the rest of the way. No, it's not Tonkin and De Los Santos doesn't fit the role.

Jack Flaherty to the Dodgers. He's the one I was hoping the Yankees would get
same here. some insider tweeted the Yanks were going to pull the trigger but backed out due to a physical concern.

^^^^ Mets fan.
And? All I did was report news without any comment. It wasn't posted yet and I've done in it here in the past without commentary.
All I did was post two words to let people know where that info was coming from. That's for those unfamiliar with your work posting in the Mets thread full-length updates on every Mets minor league prospect.
Thanks for the update on Cole though.

All I did was post two words to let people know where that info was coming from. That's for those unfamiliar with your work posting in the Mets thread full-length updates on every Mets minor league prospect.
Thanks for the update on Cole though.
Not every prospect. 😀

The bullpen is tremendously overworked right now.

No one is effective on a regular basis.

Everybody is hit or miss. You have to hold your breathe on everyone.

The bullpen is tremendously overworked right now.

No one is effective on a regular basis.

Everybody is hit or miss. You have to hold your breathe on everyone.
It's ok, Cashman will pick up a closer before the trade deadline.... oh wait...

Reactions: MitchLL
Well...Holmes!!!!

Law of averages says it's time for 3up/3down.
Edit: Not the 3up/3down I was hoping for, but a win is a win.

Last edited:
Ok, who here picked DJ and Holmes as their co-player of the game prop bets?

I have have to say watching the bottom of the ninth on ESPN gamecast, I first thought Hays deep fly left the park. 😮

He has no value...except maybe as a defensive replacement at the end of some games. His previously-excellent hitting skills are gone. There has to be guys on their AAA or AA teams who can provide more offense than he is. What are they accomplishing by keeping him on the roster ?
I gotta post stuff like that about some of the Yankees a little more often.
I think I'll start with running down Gleyber before the home stand.

Who knows his replacement could hit a no doubt home run. Plus this gives Cashman more faith in him.
True, I'm just hoping he has a pulse for the rest of the season cause we're stuck with him for now.

True, I'm just hoping he has a pulse for the rest of the season cause we're stuck with him for now.
They should not be stuck we him. Cut him. You don't have to write a check for the remainder. They get paid on they exact same schedule.
I like DJ, thought them signing him was a good idea. Between injuries and age before our eyes happens sometimes. Deal with it smartly.

What is up with the White Sox? Seventeen game losing streak, .243 winning percentage, and only 40 games back of the Guardians. I don't recall ever seeing such an abysmal record.

They should not be stuck we him. Cut him. You don't have to write a check for the remainder. They get paid on they exact same schedule.
I like DJ, thought them signing him was a good idea. Between injuries and age before our eyes happens sometimes. Deal with it smartly.
Oddly enough, at the time, DJ took less $$$ to stay with the NYY.

5-1 on a tough road trip, DJ winning todays game w/ 6 rbi, Nestor w/ his first road win, team continues trending up

Last edited:
What is up with the White Sox? Seventeen game losing streak, .243 winning percentage, and only 40 games back of the Guardians. I don't recall ever seeing such an abysmal record.
I was saying yesterday, they could go on a historical winning streak and win everyone of their remaining games and they still wouldn't get to .500!

I also thought them signing him was a good deal.
It's always the contract length that's the problem. Paying guys into their mid to late 30's rarely works out and is just a golden parachute for the good years that come in the beginning.

Baltimore lost tonight.
Yanks are currently tied with the Orioles for 1st place in the ALEast.
Jays coming to town.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Boone finally showed some balls and benched Torres for not hustling. Good for him.

I don't know why Gleyber is still on the team.
But Marcus Stroman gave this game tonight to the Jays. He looked awful. Hopefully it's a one-off.

In a contract year and he half asses it most of the time.

Also leads MLB 2B in errors.

Good riddance. Go play for Miami or someplace else where no one will watch.
It's amazing that he doesn't get the hint that he needs to actually try hard in order to secure the contract he wants. I don't get it.

The stat I saw about the errors was not only this season but the most since 2018 or something like that. That's rough.

But Marcus Stroman gave this game tonight to the Jays. He looked awful. Hopefully it's a one-off.
One off? Out of his last 10 starts, only 1 qualifies as a quality start. He’s been a mess for 2 months.

It's not a one off.
He was garbage the previous start, going 3 innings.

Looks like he's throwing batting practice.

It's amazing that he doesn't get the hint that he needs to actually try hard in order to secure the contract he wants. I don't get it.

The stat I saw about the errors was not only this season but the most since 2018 or something like that. That's rough.
The body language is really horrible.

Just acts like he doesn't enjoy baseball.

Reactions: Rhuarc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT