ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Big win today. Rodon was good.
Judge was Judge. And Volpe and Wells may be getting hot.

In his first 3 ABs on Sunday...8, count em 8, runners LOB.
Update...4ABs, 9 LOB
Stanton absolutely sux.

Last edited:
In his first 3 ABs on Sunday...8, count em 8, runners LOB.
Update...4ABs, 9 LOB
Stanton absolutely sux.
Perhaps he should have taken some rehab appearances in the minors on his way back from the injury.

Reactions: MitchLL
I still can't believe that now DJ is getting game-winning hits.
Next Stanton will beat out an infield hit.

Reactions: MitchLL
Perhaps he should have taken some rehab appearances in the minors on his way back from the injury.
I don’t like Stanton but…look at what the team did when out of the lineup- he is back and winning again

He hasn't really made a contribution since he's been back.
Watching him run the bases reminds me why I decided it was time to retire from playing softball.
Yeah- he has been pretty bad. The uptick is more about Volpe getting hot and DJ getting some big hits- outside of the normal Judge and Soto great seasons continuing

Reactions: MitchLL and Rhuarc
Yeah- he has been pretty bad. The uptick is more about Volpe getting hot and DJ getting some big hits- outside of the normal Judge and Soto great seasons continuing
The positive about Stanton is that his mere presence in the lineup lengthens it and give some minor protection to the better hitters ahead of him. We're kind of stuck with him for a while still.

Looking at the stats this morning, it's shocking to me that the NYY are only 5 games over 500 at home.

Other weird thing about Stanton is that I believe he only has 2 strikeouts since he has been back. I fully expected him to have 14 strikeouts in his first 20 at bats.

IMO it's more about Volpe AND Verdugo...and Wells staying hot.
And maybe the return of the Martian.
Can't help but think what this team would be like with LeMahieu, Rizzo, and Torres playing to the back of their baseball cards.

Can't help but think what this team would be like with LeMahieu, Rizzo, and Torres playing to the back of their baseball cards.
The rational side of me tries to remember this when I start yelling about Cashman and team construction. However, that loses out and I just get pissed off and start screaming like a crazy fan instead.

Reactions: Kbee3
The pitching staff, including the bullpen, is pretty much dogshit right now.

Cashman might live to regret keeping Nestor and not trading for Flaherty.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Not sure tonight’s game needed to be postponed; they probably could have got it in.

And now another doubleheader tomorrow, one game of which we’ll probably concede.

Reactions: MitchLL and Kbee3
Not sure tonight’s game needed to be postponed; they probably could have got it in.

And now another doubleheader tomorrow, one game of which we’ll probably concede.
Agreed.
That strategy against the Angels seemed like they could just throw some rookie and "outbash" them.
Failed miserably.

Against Texas, that definitely won't work.

Weaver has been surprisingly good out of the pen this season...prior to today's disaster. So, as much as it hurt today, I gotta give him a break on this one.
Now, about the third baseman not having his foot on the bag.......

Weaver has been surprisingly good out of the pen this season...prior to today's disaster. So, as much as it hurt today, I gotta give him a break on this one.
Now, about the third baseman not having his foot on the bag.......
It's like coaching 9U baseball, I guess you gotta remind players every play?

And Volpe needs benched...something like 2 for 29?
Another stellar effort from the bullpen.
BTW: That's sarcasm.

Last edited:
Is Holmes the only closer in the league who doesn’t have a fastball he can trust?
Looks like it. But Cashman doesn't need a "swing and miss" closer cause we have the league leader in blown saves.

Bullpen is so overworked that the rest of the season will look like today.

Is Holmes the only closer in the league who doesn’t have a fastball he can trust?
He has a horrible release point on all his pitches, the fact he can’t waste a slider 0-2 without throwing it 3 feet short is a huge problem.
Guarantee 3rd base coaches tell their base runners this guy is gonna throw wild pitch, get a good jump.

I turned the game off once he walked the tying run. I assumed we were screwed. i was only half right, surprisingly.

Yankees now head out to Chicago for a three game series vs. the awful, awful White Sox, who seem to be threatening the 1962 Mets record for worst season.

Another year in purgatory. Making the playoffs, but with no hope of winning.
Top of the order, 1st and 2nd, no one out...Verdugo with a 7th grade attempt to bunt.
7 walks, 4 hits...one run in 4 innings.

The frickin CWS.

Pathetic. And a bullpen that looks the washed up beer league. There isn't a single guy you could trust in a playoff game.
Not one! De Los Santos will be in Scranton tomorrow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT