ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Torres bailed out of lousy base running by ground rule double in the 8th.

Stanton activated today. Not sure who they removed to make room for him.

Maybe you guys saw this already, but MLB Network predicting that NYY in talks to get Flaherty from Tigers and get rid of Nestor.

The Yankees got their MOJO back!!! The energy/swagger is back, you can feel it. What a great start for Chisolm, a home run and great play at 3rd base where he has never played before. Chisolm is another high energy/swagger type of guy. If Cashman can get help with pitching and Judge/Soto keep bashing , its going to be fun again.

Judge is friggin amazing. Batting .315 with 39 hrs. and 99 rbis. In July.
This team may be out of its slump. That was a damn good starter they beat.

BTW, anyone think there's any chance the Yankees resign Verdugo or Torres ?
And DJ needs to go.

Last edited:

And DJ needs to go.
Torres is a free agent and will be gone, DJ will have 2 yrs left after this season at $15,000,000 a year. He is untradeable and too expensive to release, we have to pray he gets his hitting groove back. Verdugo is finally getting out of his slump, I hope they resign him. Judge is having one of the best years in baseball. He crushed Boston and today the Phillies against a good pitcher in Wheeler.

And DJ needs to go.
DJ aged quickly. Time for him to retire. He isn't even a Triple AAA player anymore.

Reactions: MitchLL

And DJ needs to go.
Torres - Gone
DJ - Yank don't like to eat that kind of money so probably stays
Verdugo - Only comes back if Soto goes elsewhere.

Why teams pitch to Judge right now is amazing. Just walk him even with the bases loaded.

BTW, sat with Mickey at a Yankee event. I've never laughed so hard for 2 straight hours.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Torres - Gone
DJ - Yank don't like to eat that kind of money so probably stays
Verdugo - Only comes back if Soto goes elsewhere.
Torres should have been gone a long time ago. Cover most of DJ's salary and dump him with another team.

Torres should have been gone a long time ago. Cover most of DJ's salary and dump him with another team.
No other team would want DJ. And they have to pay him for the next two years anyway. That money is already gone. Why not cut him and fill the roster spot with someone who might contribute something positive to the team ?

Reactions: RW90 and MitchLL
Cole scratched from start tonight for general body fatigue. Will Warren starting.

Cashman screwed another trade deadline away.

This is a team with "eliminated in first round of WC" written all over it.

You can win in the playoffs with 3 good starters and an above average bullpen.

NYY has neither.

Really pissed.

• Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
They were never going to grab a big fish unless they traded someone away with it. They will not surpass that final luxury tax threshold and they are very close. Nibbling around the edges was all I expected and that's what they did. I don't think they did that poorly with what they got and thank god they got rid of Ferguson.

I doubt it's enough unless they go on a heater from September through October.

This team is hard to predict, they certainly have the talent, sometimes unstoppable, sometimes unwatchable. Hopefully they enter the playoffs with momentum.

Cashman thinks he's already got his post season closer!!!!!

I disagree.

And LaMahieu...runner on 3rd, one out...LOL. DFA him immediately and eat the contract.
He's a net negative the minute he leaves the dugout.
Does LaMahieu have a sex tape of Boone that he's playing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
Would you voluntarily give up 30 million dollars, he should retire but has 30 million reasons not to. How could a 2 time batting champion fall off a cliff.
Sure they are losing games because he sucks. Bad contract. Sometimes you have to eat them.
Are you saying he has to play because he has a big contract?? Is your real name Hal Steinbrenner?

Reactions: Kbee3 and MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT