ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

The Yankees may be setting a record for Most Bitching about a Team in First Place.
I know I've done my share.
But if you look at the standings, there is only one team in MLB with a better record than the Bronx Bombers.
That's the Phillies.... who the Yanks have played one more game than thus far this season...and lost.
I'm sure once Stanton, LeMahieu, Torres, Verdugo, and Rizzo get hot the Yanks will take off. :CHOP:

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
I think last night was one of the more frustrating WTF blown saves from Holmes, mainly because we were positioned to get the W against Skubal behind a surprisingly strong outing from Stroman.

I think last night was one of the more frustrating WTF blown saves from Holmes, mainly because we were positioned to get the W against Skubal behind a surprisingly strong outing from Stroman.
It's seems incredible now, but remember that Holmes was chosen for this year's All-Star game.

Reactions: MitchLL
The Yankees may be setting a record for Most Bitching about a Team in First Place.
I know I've done my share.
But if you look at the standings, there is only one team in MLB with a better record than the Bronx Bombers.
That's the Phillies.... who the Yanks have played one more game than thus far this season...and lost.
I'm sure once Stanton, LeMahieu, Torres, Verdugo, and Rizzo get hot the Yanks will take off. :CHOP:
Being one of the best teams in the regular season is cute, but only the playoffs matter and once again, the Yanks are ill-prepared.

Being one of the best teams in the regular season is cute, but only the playoffs matter and once again, the Yanks are ill-prepared.
I like "cute".
Personally, I enjoy every game that the Yankees win. And I'm bummed every time they lose. That makes them all matter to me.
And winning their division would also make me happy. Every playoff win will also make me happy. A World Series win would make me even happier.
But I laugh at those who say that winning it all is all that matters.
Cada Loco Con Su Tema.

I like "cute".
Personally, I enjoy every game that the Yankees win. And I'm bummed every time they lose. That makes them all matter to me.
And winning their division would also make me happy. Every playoff win will also make me happy. A World Series win would make me even happier.
But I laugh at those who say that winning it all is all that matters.
Cada Loco Con Su Tema.
That attitude is why Hal is a wuss and Cashman is still our GM. You need to expect more. Think like George! :)

Reactions: KT8813
Tonite is the nite guys...Stanton will have the winning hit!

OK, I just woke up.

Now I know I'm awake...LaMahieu hit into another double play.
Grisham...dumbass, lazy baserunning. Stutter step and turns his head to watch the ball!!!!
That's effing 10U baseball. The lack of effort is simply amazing. Then they show him in the dugout and he looks like he's drunk.
Bums!

BAU...chance to win the game with runner on 3rd and one out...result...foul popup!
^^^And another runner on 3rd with one out...LaMahieu strikes out.

Last edited:
Judge, Soto, and a bunch of bums. That's our Yanks this season.
Wells looks pretty good.
Other than that...so many Yankees can't hit. LeMahieu 0-5 (with a number of failed clutch moments), Verdugo 0-6 (does he really lead the league in groundouts to second base ?), Stanton 0-3 (I love watching him run the bases), Torres 0-4 (been doing this all year--a contract year no less).
When is Schmidt due back ?

Reactions: MitchLL and RW90
Ugly, lazy, dumb, stupid base running.
I can count 4 things he did incorrectly.
I know I can’t live down being the 2nd out at home plate eons ago.
But if I were the lead runner we both would have scored, and I never slowed down or looked at the ball.

Boone needs to be held responsible, not for failure to produce, but lack of effort and fundamentals

Last edited:
Wells looks pretty good.
Other than that...so many Yankees can't hit. LeMahieu 0-5 (with a number of failed clutch moments), Verdugo 0-6 (does he really lead the league in groundouts to second base ?), Stanton 0-3 (I love watching him run the bases), Torres 0-4 (been doing this all year--a contract year no less).
The lineup except for Judge and Soto has been awful, and losing Chisholm has been huge.

However looking at other box scores it does seem the NYY lineup isn't all that far removed from MLB league averages in 2024. I don't know if its increased spin rate or Sabermetrics (despite the new fielder positioning requirements), but it does seem like BAs in general are way down this year compared to the last couple seasons.

EDIT: Seems the numbers confirm it: https://apnews.com/article/mlb-vanishing-offense-allstar-b487ff4d26bd053e2d91b6a8b084a53f

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
The fact that this team has one of the best records in MLB is astounding when you watch them play.

That said, their weaknesses will be exploited in the post season.
Hell, they don't have anyone remotely close to being considered a #1 starter.
My guess is Gil might get shut down for remainder of the season.

I can count 4 things he did incorrectly.
I know I can’t live down being the 2nd out at home plate eons ago.
But if I were the lead runner we both would have scored, and I never slowed down or looked at the ball.

Boone needs to be held responsible, not for failure to produce, but lack of effort and fundamentals
Zap, were there players/teams who made those types of mistakes back in your day? I'm trying to decide whether

a) baseball has changed, and they don't coach up every situation anymore
or
b) there are current coaches who pay attention to stuff such as this, but not on this team.

The Yankees lack clutch players beyond Judge and Soto. Having them on will help us win a game or two in the playoffs hopefully. But who's gonna do the rest? Not to mention our closer has been brutal lately.

The Yankees lack clutch players beyond Judge and Soto. Having them on will help us win a game or two in the playoffs hopefully. But who's gonna do the rest? Not to mention our closer has been brutal lately.
Can you unscramble this?

REFI SHMACNA

Wells looks pretty good.
Stanton run?? Jogging slowly at best.

Big props to Nestor.
Gave the team exactly what they needed after last nite's cluster$%!#.

BTW...another reliever that will be on the bus back to AAA tomorrow.

Reactions: zappaa and Kbee3
Scott Effross, Ian Hamilton, Lou Trivino, and Nick Burdi should all be available soon to hopefully improve the bullpen.

The lineup except for Judge and Soto has been awful, and losing Chisholm has been huge.

However looking at other box scores it does seem the NYY lineup isn't all that far removed from MLB league averages in 2024. I don't know if its increased spin rate or Sabermetrics (despite the new fielder positioning requirements), but it does seem like BAs in general are way down this year compared to the last couple seasons.

EDIT: Seems the numbers confirm it: https://apnews.com/article/mlb-vanishing-offense-allstar-b487ff4d26bd053e2d91b6a8b084a53f
After watching Aaron Judge at bats this season it's obvious he didn't get the memo about how much harder it is to hit in MLB in 2024.
He's just incredible.

After watching Aaron Judge at bats this season it's obvious he didn't get the memo about how much harder it is to hit in MLB in 2024.
He's just incredible.
He really was a late bloomer. I remember watching his progress in the minors and they were always hoping he would cut down on the K's and he would blossom. Well, he sure did. One of the best Yankees ever and that's saying something given the history of the team.

Another great thing about Judge is he seems like such a great teammate. Aaron could easily have been put off by the Yanks signing Soto, but he clearly embraces him as a teammate beyond just the obvious lineup protection. He genuinely roots for Soto and all his teammates. For example, my son and his cousin were at the game yesterday. He said when the Bleacher Creatures chanted "MVP", Judge pointed in Soto's direction. He just seems all about class.

He really was a late bloomer. I remember watching his progress in the minors and they were always hoping he would cut down on the K's and he would blossom. Well, he sure did. One of the best Yankees ever and that's saying something given the history of the team.
Judge gives a lot of credit to visiting this guy in the offseason a few years ago.

Reactions: RW90 and Postman_1
Another great thing about Judge is he seems like such a great teammate. Aaron could easily have been put off by the Yanks signing Soto, but he clearly embraces him as a teammate beyond just the obvious lineup protection. He genuinely roots for Soto and all his teammates. For example, my son and his cousin were at the game yesterday. He said when the Bleacher Creatures chanted "MVP", Judge pointed in Soto's direction. He just seems all about class.

My sister, who has lived in New England now for 40 years and a Red Sox fan commented about Judge all the way back in 2017 "You just can't hate the guy." Still true.

I'm not sure if Judge would have been put off by the Yanks signing anyone- he is already signed long term so anyone they bring in only helps him.

That said- he does seem to be such a great teammate to everyone.

I'm not sure if Judge would have been put off by the Yanks signing anyone- he is already signed long term so anyone they bring in only helps him.

That said- he does seem to be such a great teammate to everyone.
I agree. It seems like that Judge wants even more talent to play with, if you go back and look at his quotes before the trading deadline. Man wants to win.

I agree. It seems like that Judge wants even more talent to play with, if you go back and look at his quotes before the trading deadline. Man wants to win.
He already broke the real/non-roid single season HR record and won an MVP (likely 2). As the Yank's captain, it's all about championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT