ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Yankees 15-8 last 23 games, best in MLB, starters 1.0 ERA last 4 starts, Stanton hiting homers again, this is the definition of a rollercoaster season. They could lose in the first round of the playoofs or win the championship.

Reactions: MitchLL
Bullpen might be getting a workout today.
Jesus, this kid sux.
High school kids don't even balk 3X in a season, much less in the same game.
Buy that guy a bus tix back to AAA.

50 pitches to get through 2 innings. I'm hoping they're just pitching him so he can be trade bait down the road.
I hate these "throw away" games where you pitch guys that shouldn't be on any roster.

With Schmidt on IL and Gil probably on an innings limit for the season, Cashman passing on Flaherty at the deadline was puzzling. Dodgers certainly weren't concerned with the injury potential.

Last edited:
The fact that Will Warren seems to be the Yankees second best pitching prospect in the minors tells you all you need to know about their talent at AAA and AA. Chase Hampton is their #1 minor league pitching prospect, but he just went on the injured list shortly after just coming off of the IL. Perhaps this is a result of all of the pitching prospects they've traded away in the last year or so. Perhaps it's just bad scouting. Or bad luck.
Not good.

Schmidt threw 48 pitches last rehab start, did well even though AA, next rehab 60 pictches, then back to the majors. Will be a major boost.

Reactions: Kbee3
It's still amazing to me that this team's home record is only slightly above .500!

You gotta sweep team's like the Rockies at home.

Tonkin cut loose today. Resigned Bickford
Why are the Yankees always shopping for bullpen help with pitchers that have been released by other clubs ?

Tonkin cut loose today. Resigned Bickford
Why are the Yankees always shopping for bullpen help with pitchers that have been released by other clubs ?
It seems relief pitchers get recycled on a regular basis.

I don't think picking up Leiter at the deadline was any help either.

Judge had a dry spell down the stretch in ‘22 due to the pressure and all that media attention. As a more experienced player whose done it before he may not have the same dry spell in late September.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Judge had a dry spell down the stretch in ‘22 due to the pressure and all that media attention. As a more experienced player whose done it before he may not have the same dry spell in late September.
He shouldn't be playing everyday just to get the record. He was spent after '22 playing in 157 games. He had nothing left in the playoffs!

We gotta count on Marcus Stroman just to win the series today.
Stroman was lucky today. I was at game and there were more than a cple hard hit balls right at guys. Was falling behind a lot, no putaway pitch.

Reactions: Kbee3
And that is with a .197 avg. for the entire first month of the season and only a handful of home runs............had he had just an average first month, he would be batting north of 350, have close to 60 homers and close to 140 RBI's right now!!!!!!!!!!!............stunning.
Stunning is a good word for it.
I'm stunned by what he's doing. The batting average is incredible. The number of walks is as well.
I keep hearing how much tougher it is for today's hitters. Then I watch him hit a couple of home runs and I'm even more stunned.
He sure makes Yankees games interesting.

Reactions: RU89
When healthy, Judge has proven himself to be arguably the best player in baseball. At least in terms of offense, these are numbers that we haven't seen but in a handful of players.

The interesting thing that we'll see play out is the level of pressure to eclipse what he did in 2022. The pressure that year was intense since it had been 61 years since Maris set the AL record. Given it's recency, I can see that there will be interest, but not the weight of the baseball world in him to hit 62.

Stunning is a good word for it.
I'm stunned by what he's doing. The batting average is incredible. The number of walks is as well.
I keep hearing how much tougher it is for today's hitters. Then I watch him hit a couple of home runs and I'm even more stunned.
He sure makes Yankees games interesting.
I don’t see how anyone hits consistently at the big league level today.
The basic fundamentals and approach we all learned as a youth are no longer applicable in today’s game

And Chisolm is having an absolutely miserable day so far.
Looks disinterested in some at bats it's bizarre. Not much plate discipline. I thought his pitches per at bat would be even worse than this. He never takes a walk.

When healthy, Judge has proven himself to be arguably the best player in baseball. At least in terms of offense, these are numbers that we haven't seen but in a handful of players.

The interesting thing that we'll see play out is the level of pressure to eclipse what he did in 2022. The pressure that year was intense since it had been 61 years since Maris set the AL record. Given it's recency, I can see that there will be interest, but not the weight of the baseball world in him to hit 62.

Solid defense as well, with a gun for an arm.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Looks disinterested in some at bats it's bizarre. Not much plate discipline. I thought his pitches per at bat would be even worse than this. He never takes a walk.

This is one of the reasons his previous team gave up on him.

Shirley Chisholm goes deep
I actually got to hear her speak in front of a political science class I took at Rutgers. It was sometime around 2000-01. It was a memorable experience given her historical significance.

Funny enough, I do say her name in my head a fair percentage of the time when Jazz comes to the plate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT