ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Back-to-back-to-back go 1-13 tonight...the Yankees win.
Amazing what you can do when you get quality starting pitching.

Back-to-back-to-back go 1-13 tonight...the Yankees win.
Amazing what you can do when you get quality starting pitching.
Back-to-back-to-back goes 2-11 tonight.
The pitching matchup couldn't have been more favorable......Cole 5-3 with 3.86 ERA vs. Corbin 4-12 with a 5.50 ERA.
Corbin has been about the worst starting pitcher in MLB for the last three or four years. Not tonight.
Strange loss IMO.

Back-to-back-to-back goes 2-11 tonight.
The pitching matchup couldn't have been more favorable......Cole 5-3 with 3.86 ERA vs. Corbin 4-12 with a 5.50 ERA.
Corbin has been about the worst starting pitcher in MLB for the last three or four years. Not tonight.
Strange loss IMO.
It's kinda shocking how bad pitchers and rookie pitchers give this team so much trouble!

And man, the defense has been atrocious in the last week or so.

Back-to-back-to-back goes 1-10 tonight. 5-2 loss.
Rodon painful to watch in the first few innings.
Why are they waiting to put a better bat in LeMahieu's spot ? And what's keeping the Martian down in the minors instead of left field for the Yankees ?
Too many losses to clubs they are clearly better than. But, of course, making the playoffs is what really matters.

Also, during the three-game series vs. Washington the Yankees were 1 for 26 with runners in scoring position.
It's almost September. Maybe it's time to figure that some guys not producing thus far into the season are just not gonna do so in 2024.

Reactions: MitchLL
And Boone keeps running Warren out there...
Jeebus
WHY
He hasn't gotten to the 4th inning in any start this season, just makes no sense to pitch him since the bullpen gets the majority of innings anyway. Make it a bullpen game from the start.
Everytime Warren pitches, they fall behind early in games.
And can Cashman get a refund on Mark Leiter?

Last edited:
I would try starting the bullpen first and bring him out midway to eat some innings, especially if it's a blowout. We need to rest some of these relievers for the playoffs at this point.

The last three series were played against Colorado/Washington/St. Louis, all with losing records, and they go 4-5!!!!!

Meanwhile, Baltimore plays Houston/Dodgers/Colorado...this was the stretch where they should have opened a 4/5 game lead.
Bullpen is absolutely dogshit.

So damn inconsistent!

Reactions: RU MAN
The last three series were played against Colorado/Washington/St. Louis, all with losing records, and they go 4-5!!!!!

Meanwhile, Baltimore plays Houston/Dodgers/Colorado...this was the stretch where they should have opened a 4/5 game lead.
Bullpen is absolutely dogshit.

So damn inconsistent!
No hope for the playoffs.

Incredibly bad performance today...especially by the bullpen. And Nestor sucked.
And what's wrong with Judge and Soto ?

Soto needs to be a DH somewhere or become a first baseman as did Harper.
He should be a DH and when he gets on use a
pinch runner. He is causing us too many games.
Also he has one of the best hitters in baseball
behind him, gets pitched to. not like Judge
who gets pitched around. I am not sure he is worth the money, we need all around players.

Incredibly bad performance today...especially by the bullpen. And Nestor sucked.
And what's wrong with Judge and Soto ?
Judge and Soto in a slump at the same time and no one else is capable of picking up the slack.

LOL, Holmes.
Tried his hardest for blown save #11.

And threw 20 pitches which removes him from pitching on Tuesday.

Boone is an idiot.

Just don't understand not getting pitching help at the deadline???

Was Cashman thinking that getting Schmidt and Hamilton back from injury would fix everything?

Just don't understand not getting pitching help at the deadline???

Was Cashman thinking that getting Schmidt and Hamilton back from injury would fix everything?
It all comes down to money and going over the final luxury tax level.

Given the huge difference in the team's home and away season records...maybe winning the division isn't a priority?

It’s Clay Holmes time!
200w.gif

That's the Clay Holmes we're used to seeing!!!!!!

Blown save #11.

Boone was an idiot pitching him last nite with a 4 run lead. He threw 20 pitches and you knew he wouldn't have anything tonite. Refuses to throw a fastball because he can't get over 95 mph.

This outcome was totally predictable.

Yeah, Cashman...who needs a swing and miss closer???
Fvcking idiot.

Reactions: 93RUDoc
DFA Holmes. I've had enough of this crap.
After yesterday's effort by Holmes, I realized that there is every reason to be pessimistic when he comes in to a game.
After tonight....he needs to go. You can't be serious about heading into the playoffs with Holmes as the closer.
They need to try somebody else.
And he should take DJ with him.

After yesterday's effort by Holmes, I realized that there is every reason to be pessimistic when he comes in to a game.
After tonight....he needs to go. You can't be serious about heading into the playoffs with Holmes as the closer.
They need to try somebody else.
And he should take DJ with him.
My thoughts, 100%.

If I'm making the decision, I try Gil when he returns.
Gotta be a guy that can strike batters out.
This is way past due.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Holmes has already wrecked the season at what point is enough, enough!
I too have had my fill of Holmes. Just imagine where the Yankees would be if he had not blown half of the games he's given away.
But, the Yankees were winning 4-1 in the bottom of the 8th when Kahnle induced the first batter for Texas to hit a bouncer to first that DJ "lost in the lights". That was followed by the next guy hitting a grounder to the right of Gleyber, which he should have fielded, but instead it made it past him and into the outfield. Those two guys eventually scored to make it a 4-3 game. And that's when I realized that the Yanks were so screwed, because Boone was gonna go to his closer in the 9th.
I can't ever remember having so little confidence in a Yankees closer.
BTW, LeMahieu's money is guaranteed. They have to pay him anyway for the next two+ years. And that's gotta hurt. But why make it worse by having him take up a roster spot and contribute more negative stuff than positive stuff to the team ?

Steinbrenner just keeps raking in the income from the TV deal. Winning is a bonus, but not a priority, imo.

If winning was the #1 goal, Cashman and/or Boone would be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT