ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Aaron Judge

Hold on there. Baseball is one of the least physically demanding sports played.

They play almost every day from late February to late October. Batting practice every day, travel, the game itself, sliding into a stationary base that has almost no give to it, diving for balls in the outfield. It is an absolute grind, especially for someone for who's 6'7" 280 lbs. How many times in your life have you been 6'7" 280 playing a baseball game everyday?

They play almost every day from late February to late October. Batting practice every day, travel, the game itself, sliding into a stationary base that has almost no give to it, diving for balls in the outfield. It is an absolute grind, especially for someone for who's 6'7" 280 lbs. How many times in your life have you been 6'7" 280 playing a baseball game everyday?
How many times in your life have you made 10 million a year on your way to multiple 30 million years?
Deal with it, or put the toys away, and get a real job!

How many times in your life have you made 10 million a year on your way to multiple 30 million years?

How much they make has nothing to do with the wear and tear on their bodies though. If Aaron Judge needs a couple days off so he can play to his maximum ability then I have no problem with that and I don’t get why anyone else does either. Weird.

Reactions: batts
Just pointing out that while "huge" in baseball - Aaron Judge at 6'7" 280ish is a Small Forward in the NBA (basically same size as Zion).

A much more physically demanding sport and players are constantly ripped on for "rest days".

I always am so amused when people talk about how "big" baseball and football players are.

Just pointing out that while "huge" in baseball - Aaron Judge at 6'7" 280ish is a Small Forward in the NBA (basically same size as Zion).

A much more physically demanding sport and players are constantly ripped on for "rest days".

I always am so amused when people talk about how "big" baseball and football players are.
lol true, like I said, lots of 'Coops' in here

Reactions: NickRU714
Real tough life.

Agree- can’t put a guy with 600+ HR 2700 hits first ballot HOF on that list. Lol
Without checking stats I'm not sure Grant Hill is in that mix either. I hough I remembered him playing important roles and giving quality minutes into his mid30s

Without checking stats I'm not sure Grant Hill is in that mix either. I hough I remembered him playing important roles and giving quality minutes into his mid30s
Yeah geez he's 97th in nba history for points scored

How much they make has nothing to do with the wear and tear on their bodies though. If Aaron Judge needs a couple days off so he can play to his maximum ability then I have no problem with that and I don’t get why anyone else does either. Weird.
Sorry, it's got everything to do with it. Now if you are going to tell me that a player won't get paid for the days he feels uncomfortable (and an owner is willing to live with that). Then that is one thing other than that if you want to get paid , other than serious injury, get your ass out there. All this babying and hand holding is what is ruining our youth.

just to look at ridiculous this thread and some are; people are commparing producition of the Mick to Judge vis a vis injuries. retarded

Dude, you want to focus on "physically demanding" whatever the hell that means. No one is saying baseball is tantamount to wrestling or playing a soccer match. To think that someone is making that argument is too moronic to warrant debate.

It is a quick twitch sport that stresses muscles, joints, and ligaments in all sorts of weather and it leads to injuries, regardless of whether it meets your definition of "physically demanding".

To crystallize it for you, one is better off not working out and muscling up to hit home runs. Better to be built like Ruth than Giancarlo Stanton, if you want to avoid injury.

Sure they were and so was I earlier in the thread - if you want to argue a different point why quote mine?

just to look at ridiculous this thread and some are; people are commparing producition of the Mick to Judge vis a vis injuries. retarded
No one compared Mick to Judge. You are the only delusional one coming up with that. You obviously hate Judge since he isn't even allowed to be compared to Eric Davis in your book- which is ridiculous. Eric Davis isn't going to be a Hall of Famer, so it's fair game to compare to other All-Star outfielders who probably won't be in the Hall of Fame either.

Reactions: Mufasa94
Sure they were and so was I earlier in the thread - if you want to argue a different point why quote mine?
Well, if you cannot swing a bat, I am going to assume that wasn't from playing chess or posting on Twitch......but you are the "physically demanding" czar who determines whether one is allowed to be injured performing any activity.

Is it okay to refer to baseball as a sport?

INJURY! and sore sides and lower bodies ans big toes and everything else are two different issues.
And I guess being badly hung over and sitting out or playing like crap makes his absence/poor performance somehow better than the modern athlete? Come on, I get the hero worship, I am a Yankee fan. I get the, they were tough and now they are overpaid pu$$ies thing too.....I generally think people are softer today.

But there are a lot of obvious blindspots that you overlook for Mantle and don't for say Aaron Judge.

I'm not saying it's like playing Canasta but to compare it to other sports like FB, Soccer or Basketball is just silly. You can play an entire baseball game and not break a sweat. Maybe you ought to try a blue collar job for a couple of months and get back to me on how hard baseball is. L O L.

Well, if you cannot swing a bat, I am going to assume that wasn't from playing chess or posting on Twitch......but you are the "physically demanding" czar who determines whether one is allowed to be injured performing any activity.

Is it okay to refer to baseball as a sport?

Christ you're tedious. OK Judge is superman. Playing a barely survivable bloodsport despite the handicap of being bigger, stronger and heavier than all of the other folks in the incredibly physical game of baseball. Now you and you Judge poster can high five each other.

And I guess being badly hung over and sitting out or playing like crap makes his absence/poor performance somehow better than the modern athlete? Come on, I get the hero worship, I am a Yankee fan. I get the, they were tough and now they are overpaid pu$$ies thing too.....I generally think people are softer today.

But there are a lot of obvious blindspots that you overlook for Mantle and don't for say Aaron Judge.
Yeah no shit.

Would a real job consist of training from the age of 9 y/o? Missing fun time with friends and family during your teenage years. Multiple injuries along the way- make yourself better at what you do that 99.9 % of the population? Leave your friends, family, loved ones, kids etc for months at a time? Have every moment of your job on replay? Every single day at "work" could be your last? And even when you are at the top, you still must train and practice and watch film until late hours of the night?

It is a job. And a job that we all think we would love to have. But guess what- most of us never get that job because we are not willing to give up what they gave up to get there.

It is not the "GAME" we played in the back yard.

Yes, they did reach their dream but no one gave it to them. And if their work/game or what ever you want to call it entertains millions of people and generates billions of dollars and almost no one else can do it...well- the money or playing little league baseball has nothing to do with the grind these guys go through.

It isn't for us to feel bad for their millions- that IS the tradeoff but when people act like they are "lucky" to play a game - that is just a stupid thought.
Curious- does a kid in A ball making $1500 a month put their body through more than the guy in the majors making 10 million?
Point is- the money they make has nothing to do with the conversation of wear and tear.

Where it does come into play and would be fair to bring up is a club that is trying to protect it's investment.

Reactions: fsg2 and Kbee3
Hold on there. Baseball is one of the least physically demanding sports played.
But to play MLB you have to be in great shape.
To hit at a high avg, 460 ft. home runs, chase a ball all over the outfield, score from second base, pitch at 90 to 100 mph, 162 game seasons, playng in NY. one day then California
the next.
Zap can you help me out?

To hit at a high avg, 460 ft. home runs, chase a ball all over the outfield, score from second base, pitch at 90 to 100 mph, 162 game seasons, playng in NY. one day then California
the next.
Zap can you help me out?
Not to mention, you are among the best players in the game if you only fail 7 out of 10 times you step up to the plate. But according to the morons arguing that baseball isn't "physically demanding" in their estimation, hitting a baseball is incredibly easy. No matter whether your back or sides (obliques) are restricted in movement or otherwise causing you pain every time you swing a bat.

I am sure if they played through it and batted .100, they would celebrate their toughness and not scream at them for sucking.

Yeah no shit.
And let me guess, you are a bitter Mets fan, day laborer, who is pissed off because you got cut from the Little League baseball team.

Does that capture the brilliant perspective that informs your posts?

Not to mention, you are among the best players in the game if you only fail 7 out of 10 times you step up to the plate. But according to the morons arguing that baseball isn't "physically demanding" in their estimation, hitting a baseball is incredibly easy. No matter whether your back or sides (obliques) are restricted in movement or otherwise causing you pain every time you swing a bat.

I am sure if they played through it and batted .100, they would celebrate their toughness and not scream at them for sucking.

Wow now you've moved from rude to asshole. Show me where I said hitting a baseball was easy. I'll wait.

Where was I discussing obliques? Every player has back issues is that your point?

I'm trying to understand the rest of your muddled post/insult/rant but you aren't making sense. Are you actually sputtering with rage or are you just semi-literate?

And yeah I played all my life through High School. I know about baseball skill and the work required - I also know it's not a physically demanding sport to play. Facts is facts.

Sorry if I hurt your Yankee feelings. LOL

Last edited:
the next.
Zap can you help me out?

Players are def in better shape then they were in the past but the game is not physically demanding.

Three guys a year hit for high average.
330 foot HRs count just as much as 460 foot home runs. What's the point?
Chase the ball? It's a 150 foot sprint in the OF at it's hardest. How much in shape do you need to be to run 150 feet?
Anyone that isn't fat can score from 2B on most base hits.
Pitchers are an exception to the rule. They work hard in a game.
162 games of BASEBALL - not the NFL.

If you really think it takes the same amount of physical effort to play baseball as it does any of the other tree sports I can't help you.

Line up the first basemen in MLB and tell me how great of shape they're in. Half the LFers too.

Last edited:
And let me guess, you are a bitter Mets fan, day laborer, who is pissed off because you got cut from the Little League baseball team.

Does that capture the brilliant perspective that informs your posts?

What a surprise a front runner Yankee fan can't have a decent conversation about baseball with out being an insulting a-hole.

I'm actually at 40+ year Phillies fan with no misunderstanding of what a team with 10,000 losses is worth.

I played all through my childhood through 3-ish years of Varsity Baseball in HS. I'm nothing special but I fully understand the effort and talent required to play the sport. And it's not as much as physically demanding as FB, soccer, hockey or basketball.

You have a problem with day laborers? You're a real shitbag. Gonna have to give you the Click for being so dismissive of folks who work for a living.

This Aaron Judge guy is pretty good huh? It almost like it’s worth it for him to miss 4 games a month to keep him healthy for a whole season.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Judge should just quit the game. 2 monster bombs and 5 RBI and it's just the 4th inning. He is better off walking away from the game. 😂

Reactions: RUDave_01

I didn't overlook anything. Mantle was a horrible husband and father and probably a drunk. I don't hero worship athletes. But he did not sit out hung over he played in pain and probably a little buzzed at times that's all I am saying and you agree they were tough so we are done.

Reactions: goru1869
Would a real job consist of training from the age of 9 y/o? Missing fun time with friends and family during your teenage years. Multiple injuries along the way- make yourself better at what you do that 99.9 % of the population? Leave your friends, family, loved ones, kids etc for months at a time? Have every moment of your job on replay? Every single day at "work" could be your last? And even when you are at the top, you still must train and practice and watch film until late hours of the night?

It is a job. And a job that we all think we would love to have. But guess what- most of us never get that job because we are not willing to give up what they gave up to get there.

It is not the "GAME" we played in the back yard.

Yes, they did reach their dream but no one gave it to them. And if their work/game or what ever you want to call it entertains millions of people and generates billions of dollars and almost no one else can do it...well- the money or playing little league baseball has nothing to do with the grind these guys go through.

It isn't for us to feel bad for their millions- that IS the tradeoff but when people act like they are "lucky" to play a game - that is just a stupid thought.
Curious- does a kid in A ball making $1500 a month put their body through more than the guy in the majors making 10 million?
Point is- the money they make has nothing to do with the conversation of wear and tear.

Where it does come into play and would be fair to bring up is a club that is trying to protect it's investment.
Training from the age of 9 might be an over aggressive parent but I'm not going to respond to this whole short story. The individual would have the right to stop any time they chose. and it is still a game

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
the next.
Zap can you help me out?
lolololololololololol

What a surprise a front runner Yankee fan can't have a decent conversation about baseball with out being an insulting a-hole.

I'm actually at 40+ year Phillies fan with no misunderstanding of what a team with 10,000 losses is worth.

I played all through my childhood through 3-ish years of Varsity Baseball in HS. I'm nothing special but I fully understand the effort and talent required to play the sport. And it's not as much as physically demanding as FB, soccer, hockey or basketball.

You have a problem with day laborers? You're a real shitbag. Gonna have to give you the Click for being so dismissive of folks who work for a living.
Maybe you ought to try a blue collar job for a couple of months and get back to me on how hard baseball is. L O L.
Whatever you do, please don't lose your sarcasm meter. The day laborer reference came from your own bitter sounding commentary. No need to get your panties in a wad. Don't dish out sarcasm if you can't accept having it returned your way.

I can now see where playing baseball after school up through high school is exactly the same as doing it professionally. I mean same hours, same effort, same stakes, and we all know everyone is equally injury prone from childhood through their adult life. Everything the same, no need for further thought.

Sorry to hear about the Phillies thing. Must have been tough watching the Yankees win in 2009.

Good day, sir.

Last edited:
Training from the age of 9 might be an over aggressive parent but I'm not going to respond to this whole short story. The individual would have the right to stop any time they chose. and it is still a game

Most of Griffey's came from running into walls and Bo was injured during football. Judge seems to have these muscular issues. Funny, seems that Stanton has the same types of issues. I am not going to speculate but...

Just stop. Judge had a broken wrist from being hit by a fastball. He played and then had to rehab with broken ribs he suffered from diving for a ball in the of. The MAIN muscle pull you are referring to was on a swing. Happening more and more these days to other players as well. Too much focus on weights instead of stretching.

Reactions: RUSwagger
I’ll hit 10 minutes of ground balls to anyone posting on this site who hasn’t played baseball at a high level.
If you mange to not break a finger, your nose, or worse take a bad hop in the eye, you than have to in one motion field the ball and make an accurate throw to first base with something on it, most of you couldn’t get the ball past the pitchers mound.
You’ll then need to visit your family doctor.
99.9 of you could never come close to completing the task and look remotely like an athlete while doing it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT