ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Belichick Officially Done In New England

RUGuitarMan

Senior
Apr 5, 2021
Quite a week in football coaching circles. As a Jet fan, good riddance! He is a great football coach and will not be missed by Jet fans.

He’s an amazing defensive coach.

But he’d probably be Rex Ryan without Tom Brady.

Reactions: redking
So will the next Patriots coach bring back Tom Brady as QB?

Amazing 24 hours. Saban, Carroll, Belichick. A combined 148 years of football coaching in those three men.

I hope not.
Yes he won 6 Superbowls
But with Brady (QB GOAT) he had 275 more wins vs losses

Without the QB GOAT- He has 30 more losses than wins.

ATL does not have a QB,
we have gone through plenty of coaches that have sub .500 records without a great QB.

Need offensive minded coach that can maximize offensive talent and get/coach up QB.

I might be ok, if he came with McDaniels as OC.

But I prefer Lions OC or Harbaugh.

There are a handfu of NFL teams that wish that would happen today so they could hire him tomorrow.
wish they would

9 playoff games in 13 years with 3 wins and no multiple wins in a single year, let's not pretend the Steelers have been good under him

3 AFC title games, 2 Super Bowl appearances, won Super Bowl in 2008.

Yep. Dreadful coach.
stop , you look moronic here. no one cares about 15yrs ago with a team loaded with prior coach's players

we have 3 playoff games won that were one and done in the past 13yrs. This year was beyond lucky and still need another 2 teams to lose to make to playoffs.

he has sucked since day one and the talent early on masked so many blunders that the gazette termed it!

It would be truly shocking if an NFL coach who hasn't had a losing record in his entire career got fired. It would be equally shocking if the Steelers did it. They've had 3 head coaches in the last 55 years.
I don't watch NFL anymore but I know the Rooneys don't have itchy trigger fingers. They stay the course but there are two sides to that coin. Tomlin's contract is up so he might not want to stay either and might want new scenery. Who knows.

stop , you look moronic here. no one cares about 15yrs ago with a team loaded with prior coach's players

we have 3 playoff games won that were one and done in the past 13yrs. This year was beyond lucky and still need another 2 teams to lose to make to playoffs.

he has sucked since day one and the talent early on masked so many blunders that the gazette termed it!
C'mon RUTGERS95, I get that there hasn't been much post season success the last 7 or 8 years, and I can understand Steelers fans being antsy about that, but that hardly makes rurichdog "moronic" for thinking that an NFL coach with 17 straight winning seasons isn't dreadful. I'm a Jets fan for god's sake!

If fired today he'd have another job by dinnertime. There are numerous franchises with much worse history than that. You have probably a good chance you end up with worse; it's a true roll of the dice.

Was out tonight at a sports bar and one of the channels had interviews with him and Kraft: Belichick just looked tired during the whole thing.

Was out tonight at a sports bar and one of the channels had interviews with him and Kraft: Belichick just looked tired during the whole thing.
It was definitely time for both of them to move on.

What a tough gig

What a tough gig to follow a legend… getting paid well so don’t feel too bad for him 😎
Much tougher if he replaced him the year Brady left…BB without Brady, much easier to replace.
Would the LB Coach have gotten another HC job this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT