ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Belmont Stakes 2018. Can Justify win the Triple Crown?

It has been announced that Justify will run again! No schedule released but the Haskell is a high probability as Baffert owns that race.
My guess is Haskell, Travers, Breeders Cup Classic.

Sounds right to me. I already have my reserved seats for the Haskelll

I got to see Pharoah win at Mommouth racetrack after the
triple crown..... bought a $2 win ticket that I knew I would not
cash if He won.... I heard a lot of people did that, that day

Saw Slew lose a match race against Dr. Patches at The Big M. Anyone else there that night? Slew was a magnificent looking horse, near black as I recall. Dr. P was rusty red.
Great back story: after Slew lost to Dr. Patches 11 days before the Marlboro Cup, where he ran against Affirmed in the first race ever that contained two triple crown winners, his then jockey, Jean Cruguet, complained to Slew's owners that Slew was not up for the match-up against Affirmed. The owners promptly fired Cruguet, and hired Dr. Patches' jockey, Angel Cordero, Jr., to ride Slew in the Marlboro Cup at Belmont. I and four of my best buddies attended this historic race on September 16, 1978, kicking off our senior year on the banks with a great event, as Slew went wire to wire.

In a related note, one of the owners I saw on the podium is a guy named Sol Kumin, a former player and booster of Hopkins lacrosse. Nice for them.

Audible would’ve beaten him but the connections smartly kept him out since they also own Justify

Audible was sideline with an injury. Bad hoofs.
In what will come as a surprise to no one (except you evidently), Audible's injury issues have miraculously disappeared and he is expected to be back to training with Pletcher tomorrow.

In what will come as a surprise to no one (except you evidently), Audible's injury issues have miraculously disappeared and he is expected to be back to training with Pletcher tomorrow.
So if the shelly hooves story is a hoax than please explain to me why did they start this fable before the Kentucky Derby?? His issue hasn't disappeared. Corrective issues have been seen by every backstretch reporter before the Derby but you still go on with your myth.

So if the shelly hooves story is a hoax than please explain to me why did they start this fable before the Kentucky Derby?? His issue hasn't disappeared. Corrective issues have been seen by every backstretch reporter before the Derby but you still go on with your myth.
When else would they have used this story? They had to say something better than "we own both Audible and Justify, and we'll be damned if we are going to risk Audible winning and costing us tens of millions in stud fees. Especially given Audible's trainer (Pletcher) has some of his greatest success running fresh horses in the Belmont against horses running their 3rd race in 5 weeks".

When else would they have used this story? They had to say something better than "we own both Audible and Justify, and we'll be damned if we are going to risk Audible winning and costing us tens of millions in stud fees. Especially given Audible's trainer (Pletcher) has some of his greatest success running fresh horses in the Belmont against horses running their 3rd race in 5 weeks".
So they make up a story beforehand just in case Justify wins both the Derby and Preakness? A week before the Derby they start patching Audibles hooves to make it look like he has problems but really didn't?? Yea. That makes sense [eyeroll] What if Auduble won the first two? What was the excuse before the Derby for Justify.
Im guessing you believe JFK was shot by aliens.

Well, the Governor signed the sports betting bill today so hopefully it's now just crossing the is and t's.
Monmouth's Director Drazen (answered him on twitter last night) said if they don't have the sports betting revenue it hurts the chances of landing Justify for the Haskell.

Well, the Governor signed the sports betting bill today so hopefully it's now just crossing the is and t's.
Monmouth's Director Drazen (answered him on twitter last night) said if they don't have the sports betting revenue it hurts the chances of landing Justify for the Haskell.
Im sure if they are live by Thursday William Hill would put a great package together.

So they make up a story beforehand just in case Justify wins both the Derby and Preakness? A week before the Derby they start patching Audibles hooves to make it look like he has problems but really didn't?? Yea. That makes sense [eyeroll] What if Auduble won the first two? What was the excuse before the Derby for Justify.
Audible ran in the Derby, why would they be thinking of excuses then ?
Pletcher virtually never runs one of his horses in all three races, so Audible skipping the Preakness was normal for him after a Derby loss, so why would they be thinking of excuses then?
Pletcher has 3 Belmont wins, 5 seconds and 3 thirds, and only one of those horses ran on less than 5 weeks rest, so Audible on 5 weeks rest was a real threat. THAT"S when they needed the excuses.
Who's the one making up stories here?

Pletcher virtually never runs one of his horses in all three races, so Audible skipping the Preakness was normal for him after a Derby loss, so why would they be thinking of excuses then?
Pletcher has 3 Belmont wins, 5 seconds and 3 thirds, and only one of those horses ran on less than 5 weeks rest, so Audible on 5 weeks rest was a real threat. THAT"S when they needed the excuses.
You are! Do you think the shelly hooves is a hoax?
And Todd had 2 horses in the Belmont.

Last edited:
I bELieve Mionday's papers had stories on 2 topis we covered. First the NY Post had an article on the other Pletcher horse "blocking" for "Justify". Seems like the jockey for the 2nd horse may have been involved as the other horses owner said he was p*ssed at the jockey and didn't know why he ran the way he did. Actrually, the blocking was brought up during the race and one announcer said it was legal. it was Vono Rosso's owners who were complaining.

I also bELieve Monday's New York Times had an article on how Justify may never run again as it's too much of an insurance risk. I think like here they mentioned here the purse would be used/in part to purchase insurance assuming Justify runs again.

I bELieve Mionday's papers had stories on 2 topis we covered. First the NY Post had an article on the other Pletcher horse "blocking" for "Justify". Seems like the jockey for the 2nd horse may have been involved as the other horses owner said he was p*ssed at the jockey and didn't know why he ran the way he did. Actrually, the blocking was brought up during the race and one announcer said it was legal. it was Vono Rosso's owners who were complaining.

I also bELieve Monday's New York Times had an article on how Justify may never run again as it's too much of an insurance risk. I think like here they mentioned here the purse would be used/in part to purchase insurance assuming Justify runs again.
The blocking story came from owner Mike Repole (who is a hot head and a crybaby) and is complete sour grapes. Pletcher had two horses trying to do the same, both owned by Repole. They failed in there try to do the same. Pletcher on the other hand gave all the credit to Baffert and Justify. He said that Justify was the best horse in the track and he was. Baffert's pair beat Pletcher's pair at there own game.
The only thing that will come of this is Javier Catellano will not be riding any Mike Repole's horses anytime soon. He was the failure in Pletcher's plan.
If Smarty Jones had a stablemate in the race he would of been a Triple Crown winner too. Instead the field all ganged up to get him beat.

Not a surprise. Logical too. I think now that William Hill is taking bets Im sure there will be a bonus from them to make it happen at Monmouth

Would be a great showcase day for Monmouth and the sports betting. Hope my RU buddies ill Justify a trip to Oceanport where, perhaps, we can all say hello and have R own "Rutgers Day".

Lmao, good one!!!

A woman was stabbed to death in Belmont recently
On the backstretch by ex boyfriend. Nothing due with the area or horse racing except she worked there. Backstretch employees chased him down and held him for police. She worked for her dad for a long time. He had a licence to enter the backstretch but was not currently employed. Sad story.

So you still believe in the Audible conspiracies crap? Audible sent back to Kentucky. Officially will not race until end of the year. More likely you will never see him race again.
All is not well with Justify either. No workouts and not likely for the Haskell if he doesn't put a workout within the week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT