ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

Giving stuff away pricy stuff with an NFT is just value manipulation and makes it more difficult to value the NFT itself reasonably.
Then clearly you personally dont see value in the digital asset. There are plenty who do and/or will

A long use-case thread from SBF. The ability to settle stock purchases is an interesting one to consider.

Reactions: bob-loblaw
I'm one of the oddballs who prefers reading threads natively in the Twitter app.

That was a good read form SBF. He hits some really good points, mainly that we really dont know the potential of this yet.
Think back to the early days of anything tech related....

This modem allows me to call into some random dude's computer on this thing called a BBS.
This free floppy disk allows me to go into these chat rooms and talk to people from all over America!
This phone allows me to call people from anywhere... and its got this cool game called snake.
This book website now sells everything, and for really cheap too.
This new video website lets me see a video of a leprechaun in Alabama
This iPhone lets me get on the "mobile web" and has this killer app that picks a restaurant for you by spinning a wheel.
Why is this Tom guy one of my friends. I don't know who he is.

I could go on and on and get more granular. There were the first ones that popped in my head.

Each and every tech advancement was met with skepticism, that questioned the need for its existence. Or the users were too naïve to really understand the seismic change that was occurring. btc and crypto are one of those seismic changes that are being met with skepticism. We're only in the first inning...

I'm one of the oddballs who prefers reading threads natively in the Twitter app.

That was a good read form SBF. He hits some really good points, mainly that we really dont know the potential of this yet.
Think back to the early days of anything tech related....

This modem allows me to call into some random dude's computer on this thing called a BBS.
This free floppy disk allows me to go into these chat rooms and talk to people from all over America!
This phone allows me to call people from anywhere... and its got this cool game called snake.
This book website now sells everything, and for really cheap too.
This new video website lets me see a video of a leprechaun in Alabama
This iPhone lets me get on the "mobile web" and has this killer app that picks a restaurant for you by spinning a wheel.
Why is this Tom guy one of my friends. I don't know who he is.

I could go on and on and get more granular. There were the first ones that popped in my head.

Each and every tech advancement was met with skepticism, that questioned the need for its existence. Or the users were too naïve to really understand the seismic change that was occurring. btc and crypto are one of those seismic changes that are being met with skepticism. We're only in the first inning...
So true. I’m only half way through it, but Mark Andressen was on Joe Rogan last week and made many similar points about how these things evolve.

Starting to feel like things have bottomed out. Not sure if $13k BTC is gonna come. Any good oversold sh*t coin buys?

Starting to feel like things have bottomed out. Not sure if $13k BTC is gonna come. Any good oversold sh*t coin buys?
Yeah I saw Rauol Pal tweet something to the same extent. We'll see. I could easily see anything from 15k - 30k play out this year. Personally I'd love to see the sideways trade go on for longer to acquire more. We'll see though.

Do better, the hack was not on the Solana network, rather a third party wallet that had a security flaw. Not a Solana issue. The $5 million dollar hack wouldn't crack the top 50 of Eth's hacks, good try though.
That's because ETH is worth so much more. Admit it, SOL is fatally flawed. Way too centralized and unstable.

That's because ETH is worth so much more. Admit it, SOL is fatally flawed. Way too centralized and unstable.
Admit it, you learned about crypto 2 years ago and invested in Cardano. You wouldn't know an up and coming project if it bit you on the ass. You'll start buying Sol when everyone else does, just like you did with Eth, Tesla or anything else you were late to the party on.

• Haha
Reactions: rurichdog
Admit it, you learned about crypto 2 years ago and invested in Cardano. You wouldn't know an up and coming project if it bit you on the ass. You'll start buying Sol when everyone else does, just like you did with Eth, Tesla or anything else you were late to the party on.
First BTC and ETH, then a small amount of ADA and DOT. I was definitely late to the party, but still 3x'ed with ETH in 2021. :)

First BTC and ETH, then a small amount of ADA and DOT. I was definitely late to the party, but still 3x'ed with ETH in 2021. :)
Interesting, if you bought Sol you would have been up 100 x at one point and despite the crypto crash you'd still be about 10-15x now. But keep collecting those "crumbs" 😂

Interesting, if you bought Sol you would have been up 100 x at one point and despite the crypto crash you'd still be about 10-15x now. But keep collecting those "crumbs" 😂
Would have made a lot more than that with many other altcoins. SOL is fading.....

Would have made a lot more than that with many other altcoins. SOL is fading.....
I disagree. There are a ton of projects in the works for Solana. When the crypto market starts to move again, Solana will be poised to run. The protocol, and therefore the tokens, are not fading or going away anytime soon. As you reference many times in a bear stock market...buy, buy, buy Solana.

I disagree. There are a ton of projects in the works for Solana. When the crypto market starts to move again, Solana will be poised to run. The protocol, and therefore the tokens, are not fading or going away anytime soon. As you reference many times in a bear stock market...buy, buy, buy Solana.
Since I talked so much trash about SOL, I should buy a bit just to protect me from karma! :)

I have some cash to play with.

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Do better, the hack was not on the Solana network, rather a third party wallet that had a security flaw. Not a Solana issue. The $5 million dollar hack wouldn't crack the top 50 of Eth's hacks, good try though.
Lol to this. I've been waiting for the obligatory anti-solana shitpost when this came out... you're slipping TK, it's been a few days now.

As much as I want to start a position in Solana, there's still ****ery abound. Been reading a lot on fraudulent Developers and TVL on solana.

Lol to this. I've been waiting for the obligatory anti-solana shitpost when this came out... you're slipping TK, it's been a few days now.

As much as I want to start a position in Solana, there's still ****ery abound. Been reading a lot on fraudulent Developers and TVL on solana.
That’s a fascinating story. Offer high yields, make a bag and move onto the next chain. These guys are geniuses

Only because it’s on topic…
This sounds someone is trying to pump and dump. I am not a crypto expert, but looking at SOL from a technical standpoint, it does not look like it is underrated. Sol was trading at ~$3 in 01/21 and was as high as ~$260 in 11/21. It has been in a clear downward trend since the high in 11/21. There are a lot of buyers of SOL that are likely down more than 50-60-70% of their investment. I anticipate they are feeling bad about their investment and will sell any rips. Heck, they may even sell given the recent bad news. I would wait for this thing to show a clear bottom before jumping in.

If SOL gets back to the ~$30 level, I'll probably buy in. My issue now is btc withdrawal. Every dollar spent elsewhere in crypto is a dollar not spent on sats. There's a big part of me that sees the Bitcoin network doing more and more with additional layer protocols built on top of it.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I thought @RUAldo would enjoy the completely baseless claim of causation made here 😂

Yes I’m sure the state of the pandemic in 1H 2021 vs 1H 2022 had zero impact and it’s all crypto related tourism. Because people are so excited to spend their vacations so they can go to some random ES merchant and pay in a way that is remarkably close to paying with a credit card…

Yes I’m sure the state of the pandemic in 1H 2021 vs 1H 2022 had zero impact and it’s all crypto related tourism. Because people are so excited to spend their vacations so they can go to some random ES merchant and pay in a way that is remarkably close to paying with a credit card…
Who brought this guy here? j/k.

It's anecdotal I'm sure, but there certainly is validity to the claim. There's a lot of crypto people who would have never considered ES as a vacation place had they not mad btc legal tender.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Who brought this guy here? j/k.

It's anecdotal I'm sure, but there certainly is validity to the claim. There's a lot of crypto people who would have never considered ES as a vacation place had they not mad btc legal tender.

I don’t doubt that people made the trek to Bitcoin beach. I also expect that those tourists were quickly exposed to many of the reasons why ES is not a tourism hot spot in Central America. I usually read this forum from afar (NJ resident) but couldn’t just let a blatantly misleading post get by without context. I stayed at a 5* resort in Cancun at a 3* price in Feb 2021 that was operating at 25% capacity, can we see numbers in comparison to the rest of the region from that time?

ETH's "life" is a buy the news moment.
The news the last few days about Tornado Cash adds another later to my long term concerns about eth, post-merge.
https://sports.yahoo.com/dutch-arrest-man-linked-currency-093926364.html

He got arrested for writing open source code that serves as a shuffling agent for those looking to move eth tokens anonymously. He's arrested because some criminals may use his technology. This is universally bad for freedom globally. Its like arresting a gun maker because a criminal may use a gun to commit a crime. Or hell, arresting an annoying cutco rep, not for never unsubscribing you, but because a criminal may use a knife to commit a crime.

Freedom aside, in crypto, any address that has touched any tornado cash is finding itself frozen or banned across defi platforms. Aave being one of the larger protocols.

The ban is so new and quick that people are legit sending .1 tornado cash to wallets and getting them banned.

And this is why proof of stake is horseshit. Someone somewhere controls the keys and can implement something at the behest of any government or federal agency. PoS will kill eth

The news the last few days about Tornado Cash adds another later to my long term concerns about eth, post-merge.
https://sports.yahoo.com/dutch-arrest-man-linked-currency-093926364.html

He got arrested for writing open source code that serves as a shuffling agent for those looking to move eth tokens anonymously. He's arrested because some criminals may use his technology. This is universally bad for freedom globally. Its like arresting a gun maker because a criminal may use a gun to commit a crime. Or hell, arresting an annoying cutco rep, not for never unsubscribing you, but because a criminal may use a knife to commit a crime.

Freedom aside, in crypto, any address that has touched any tornado cash is finding itself frozen or banned across defi platforms. Aave being one of the larger protocols.

The ban is so new and quick that people are legit sending .1 tornado cash to wallets and getting them banned.

And this is why proof of stake is horseshit. Someone somewhere controls the keys and can implement something at the behest of any government or federal agency. PoS will kill eth
Have you read the conspiracy theories that large leverage wallets were identified, small amounts were sent to them via tornado, now the wallet is locked, force selling, short eth and watch is cascade down. I don’t believe it but it’s an interesting theory.

I feel like the merge had been hyped for so long that they may be at a point of no return, but I’m seeing more and more people who share your opinion.

Oh 100%. Its already partially happening. Tron founder Justin Sun or Soo, I forget his name, had his wallet frozen on AAVE because someone sent him .1 eth that was run through tornado cash. Unreal!

The move to PoS will essentially make ETH a govt coin in time. I really encourage anyone who is really into ETH to watch the video I posted above. It's a bit technical (and long) but it's worth the watch if you're interested in ETH as a long term investment

The silence is deafening on this. Not necessarily here, but on Twitter and in crypto news. I havent seen one tangible eth maxi offer a rebuttal of substance.

The silence is deafening on this. Not necessarily here, but on Twitter and in crypto news. I havent seen one tangible eth maxi offer a rebuttal of substance.
_Checkmate has been banging the same drum on Twitter, its almost as if they're just resigned to this happening whether its the right move or not

_Checkmate has been banging the same drum on Twitter, its almost as if they're just resigned to this happening whether its the right move or not
Exactly. It's sad. The video is pretty damning. I really encourage you to watch if you havent done so. Nothing he's saying is really that far outside the realm of possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT