ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Business meeting Lunch in Princeton

yesrutgers01

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2008
I am not too familiar with the area- looking for a good mid range lunch place for a business networking meeting. Nothing too fancy or too "bar/dive" - I do see there is a Season's 52 nearby- something similar. Any suggestions?

Seasons is quite good for a chain.

If you’d rather go in town you could try Agricola or the Witherspoon Grill, both on Witherspoon Street. Might take longer to find parking though.
Was going to suggest Agricola if you don’t mind going into town. Seasons would be best for convenience sake

Reactions: BossNJ
If you like Greek food or even just their salads... Local Greek. It's in a residential area a few blocks west of Princeton U

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
The absolute best value in the area is Dvaraka Indian Restaurant, which has a fantastic lunch buffet. Decor is average but food is amazing.

Kristine’s serves great food at a fair price point.

Dvaraka and Kristine’s is on Witherspoon Street.

When I want a steak, I goto Roots, who also has a solid lunch menu. This is near the old Dinky Station on University Place.

I am not too familiar with the area- looking for a good mid range lunch place for a business networking meeting. Nothing too fancy or too "bar/dive" - I do see there is a Season's 52 nearby- something similar. Any suggestions?
Scratching my head on the first reply to your post. Anyway, if you don't want to get caught up with parking issues, Metro North on Alexander Road off of Route 1 is easy to get to with ample parking and a short ride into downtown. We always liked this spot when it was the Rusty Scupper for meeting family near Princeton.

• Love
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Where in the Princeton area are you looking for? Can be a solid 25-30 min difference from end to end.

The Season's 52 on Route 1 (Princeton Market Fair) is popular for lunch and the work crowd. It's very convenient and something for everyone on the menu.

If looking for downtown Princeton, Witherspoon Grill is a great choice. Steakhouse with a great casual lunch menu. Very good food and awesome outdoor sitting if the weather is good. Parking deck right behind the restaurant. Also right next to the Princeton Library.

Scratching my head on the first reply to your post. Anyway, if you don't want to get caught up with parking issues, Metro North on Alexander Road off of Route 1 is easy to get to with ample parking and a short ride into downtown. We always liked this spot when it was the Rusty Scupper for meeting family near Princeton.

Scratch your head some more. Maybe you’ll hit pay dirt.

Amish market on 27 has some great food, especially the hot pretzels!
Speaking of hot ..my brother used to manage Studio 27 for several years to ight next door.
He told just the other day that the guys from the Bada Bing club had actually come down to check them out when they were starting up things. Several celebs used to frequent the place including LT.. (#57)

Reactions: Knight Shift
Was thinking Princeton as I would be coming from zfranklin lakes and the other party from Waretown. So, which part of Princeton- not a big deal. I’m thinking the safest choice may be Seasons 52. I’ve been to the one in Paramus many times and never unhappy. And fair, reasonable prices

Was thinking Princeton as I would be coming from zfranklin lakes and the other party from Waretown. So, which part of Princeton- not a big deal. I’m thinking the safest choice may be Seasons 52. I’ve been to the one in Paramus many times and never unhappy. And fair, reasonable prices
Solid choice, easy to find, and park.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
+1
Very long drives, keep it simple and convenient.

This is an underrated place for Italian food, I find it to be very good. My wife and I are regulars there since moving to the area last year.

I think Metro North has a reservable upstairs area we have lots of work happy hours at Brickhouse and tommys.
There’s also salt creek grille in forrestal

A few places look pretty damn good- think I am going to stick with Seasons 52 this time. Keeping many others in mind for future…thanks!

Some good suggestions so far.

If not wanting to be too casual, but not wanting to be overly formal, Witherspoon Grille would probably be my choice.

I don't really see Tiger's Tale as a dive bar so much as a family restaurant, at least during normal dining hours. Maybe it gets more dive-bar-esque later in the evening, I don't know. But not really at lunchtime.

Along those lines, but closer to Princeton is Conte's Pizza and Bar. The pizza is great and it's a very low key casual place. Gets super crowded on weekend evenings 'cause the pizza is so good. But for lunch, it's probably uncrowded and quiet. Might be a bit too casual if wearing suits to this lunch. It caters a lot to professors and their families, along with students.

Reactions: newell138
I think Metro North has a reservable upstairs area we have lots of work happy hours at Brickhouse and tommys.
There’s also salt creek grille in forrestal
How is that Salt Creek? I’ve been meaning to try it… I’ve only been to Salt Creek in Dallas area. Steaks in Dallas are excellent at many restaurants… so I wasn’t sure if Salt Creek in NJ would be as good. I’ve been to the Ruth Chris at Forrestal many times. Not my top choice steakhouse but better than good.

Best place to hold a meeting in Princeton is outside the library.
Winner Winner Win GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

But you forgot
conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Speaking of hot ..my brother used to manage Studio 27 for several years to ight next door.
He told just the other day that the guys from the Bada Bing club had actually come down to check them out when they were starting up things. Several celebs used to frequent the place including LT.. (#57)
Did the Amish move there because of Studio 27? Were they part of the Amish Outlaws?

By far the biggest question is why would you send both parties so far out of their way to meet in Princeton? It's about 1:15 for each party to get to Princeton, while the midpoint between FL/WT is about 0:52. Red Bank, Matawan and Woodbridge are all only a few minutes from the Parkway, not far from the midpoint of the trips, and all have some good mid-level restaurants.

By far the biggest question is why would you send both parties so far out of their way to meet in Princeton? It's about 1:15 for each party to get to Princeton, while the midpoint between FL/WT is about 0:52. Red Bank, Matawan and Woodbridge are all only a few minutes from the Parkway, not far from the midpoint of the trips, and all have some good mid-level restaurants.
Good point. And there are tons of good places to eat in Red Bank and Woodbridge (and probably Matawan although I cannot, at the moment, recall ever eating in Matawan, so I can't say for sure).

Some good suggestions so far.

If not wanting to be too casual, but not wanting to be overly formal, Witherspoon Grille would probably be my choice.

I don't really see Tiger's Tale as a dive bar so much as a family restaurant, at least during normal dining hours. Maybe it gets more dive-bar-esque later in the evening, I don't know. But not really at lunchtime.

Along those lines, but closer to Princeton is Conte's Pizza and Bar. The pizza is great and it's a very low key casual place. Gets super crowded on weekend evenings 'cause the pizza is so good. But for lunch, it's probably uncrowded and quiet. Might be a bit too casual if wearing suits to this lunch. It caters a lot to professors and their families, along with students.
The Tail is nowhere near a Dive Bar but I wouldn't think of going there myself. Seen Lawyers and Real Estate and plenty of other business folk there over thec years. Nothing beats the bartender making your own half pound burger in grill behind the bar!

Same for Conte's which is excellent and has one if not the coldest damn bottled beer around!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT