ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Camden Yards

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
Heading to the O’s game in a couple minutes, what are the must sees over at Camden yards?

Pickles pub, centerfield statues, & boog Powell‘s barbecue are all places I’ve been, and will go again

They used to be a bar in the warehouse in right field, I don’t remember the name, but I remember it was good, not sure if it is still there??

They also don’t do the tour anymore. Unfortunately, they took it away during Covid have not brought it back.

Any other “can’t misses” while I’m there?

Heading to the O’s game in a couple minutes, what are the must sees over at Camden yards?

Pickles pub, centerfield statues, & boog Powell‘s barbecue are all places I’ve been, and will go again

They used to be a bar in the warehouse in right field, I don’t remember the name, but I remember it was good, not sure if it is still there??

They also don’t do the tour anymore. Unfortunately, they took it away during Covid have not brought it back.

https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/s...-visitors-guide-insider-tips-new-attractions/

Wow. Can't believe they don't do the tour anymore. That was one of my top one or two tours I've taken. The gentleman who gave it was so knowledgeable .

If you are still in the area and looking for something to do today :::: take in a tour of the Babe Ruth museum.

No surprise that @JayDogSmooth in the house and the Os get blown out. This guy is the ultimate mush. Stay away from RU games.

Ohh what's that. I think Georgia just scored again on FSU.

No surprise that @JayDogSmooth in the house and the Os get blown out. This guy is the ultimate mush. Stay away from RU games.

Ohh what's that. I think Georgia just scored again on FSU.
Super fan loves the flame Jay dog

Half of me is Creeped out, the other half is flattered that his man crashes increases on a daily basis

Flame away brother, we leave for Florida in three days and college football is right around the corner - for all football fans, this is the best time of year!!

I'd forgotten how awesome that place is until May, when I did a conference at the Hilton (locals were bummed out when that was built because it blocked the view of the Bromo Seltzer Tower). I didn't have a game ticket, but I went out and just hung around, taking it in. They really have a cool scene going on there for game day...

I'd forgotten how awesome that place is until May, when I did a conference at the Hilton (locals were bummed out when that was built because it blocked the view of the Bromo Seltzer Tower). I didn't have a game ticket, but I went out and just hung around, taking it in. They really have a cool scene going on there for game day...
Definitely a cool scene
Tons of street vendors & character
Pickeks is also a classic indoor / outdoor venue

Not a ton that's great to do just outside the stadium. I know it's too late but next time you're there get a Crab Mac and Cheese dog from Stuggy's. Federal Hill neighborhood is a lot of fun down the street.

Just curious how was the whole "Faith Night" thing?

That Hilton needs to be burned to the ground.

Fortunately you can still see a beautiful image of the Emerson Tower from Eutaw street that boarders the back of the stadium between the seating and warehouse (no one locally calls it the Bromo Seltzer tower) however back in the day the clocktower stood beautifully in the left center field backdrop with the Warehouse off in right field. It genuinely was the prettiest backdrop in American sports before that god awful Hotel that's never been profitable got built

Not a ton that's great to do just outside the stadium. I know it's too late but next time you're there get a Crab Mac and Cheese dog from Stuggy's. Federal Hill neighborhood is a lot of fun down the street.

Just curious how was the whole "Faith Night" thing?
Will def do that
Didn’t know about Faith night and didn’t notice anything different theme wise

Fortunately you can still see a beautiful image of the Emerson Tower from Eutaw street that boarders the back of the stadium between the seating and warehouse (no one locally calls it the Bromo Seltzer tower) however back in the day the clocktower stood beautifully in the left center field backdrop with the Warehouse off in right field. It genuinely was the prettiest backdrop in American sports before that god awful Hotel that's never been profitable got built
Was thinking about staying there but I’m a Marriott guy so I opted for the Renaissance as the Marriott closer to the stadium is in desperate need of upgrades

I agree in that beautiful views get ruined by greed. Wrigley has that ridiculous gaudy scoreboard in left field - I’m a capitalist but some stuff is way over the top

Babe Ruth House or museum. Nearby

Cool, thanks. I grew up there and we all called it that, but things change. I was definitely disappointed when that hotel went in, but I guess it was inevitable...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT