ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CFP changes on the horizon?

rutgersguy1

Hall of Famer
Dec 17, 2008
I've mentioned this in other threads but with the PAC being severely hurt, changes to the 6+6 system might be on the horizon. CFP money split will very likely change but the format might change too. 5+7 or just top 12 are possibilities. I'm not sure you can expect any changes in the last 2 years of this deal, even though some may want it, but by the next deal changes are very possible.

If they go to 12 at-larges, the G5 might as well stage their own championship.

Either all at large or all conference champs get AQ.

You can't acknowledge that the some conferences are inferior to others but then also say they need a seat at the table. All conferences are either equal or they arent.

People complain about NIL "inequality" all night and day.
What about only giving 6 out of 10 conferences an AQ? How is that equality?

Either all at large or all conference champs get AQ.

You can't acknowledge that the some conferences are inferior to others but then also say they need a seat at the table. All conferences are either equal or they arent.

People complain about NIL "inequality" all night and day.
What about only giving 6 out of 10 conferences an AQ? How is that equality?
They aren't equal but it doesn't mean they should be totally shut out just because they aren't equal. Most of the world isn't black and white but many shades of gray.

I'd be fine with keeping it at 6+6 of 2 of the lower status conferences have a chance at a bid but I tend to think it'll go with 5+7. Ask for 12 but then bargain down to 5+7. Money split will definitely change, especially when the conferences have a different number of teams. It may be a base amount on a per team basis and also maybe bonuses for performance in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT