ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chance of a minor snowfall Thurs night/Fri am (3/3-4; go to end of thread)

Most models showing an inch or less from Perth Amboy to New Hope up to about 78 and <1/2" from 78 to 80 and basically no snow north of 80. Could be 1-2" from 276/195 in PA/NJ up to Perth Amboy to New Hope. South of 276/195, roughly, where the criterion for an advisory is 2" of snow in 12 hours, winter weather advisories are up for 1-3" of snow. Maps in the posts above have been updated and show a little less than they did this morning. A complete whiff is still possible for anyone north of 276/195 and the worst case is probably 2-3" north of there.

Temps overnight should be 30-31F in most locations, so any falling snow should accumulate on untreated surfaces. Would be very surprised if any schools are cancelled - at most a delay until 10 am, when any snow on any pavement anywhere in the region should be mostly melted by the indirect sunlight and temps climbing into the mid-30s.

http://www.weather.gov/phi/

Tonight's models have moved back to the NW just a tad, meaning the 1" line might now be 78 instead of New Hope to Perth Amboy, which is what I said earlier, and the 1/2" line would probably be at 80, with no snow north of 84. The 2" line would likely still be around 276/195. Splitting hairs here, though. Minor snowfall, could be slick between 2 am and 8 am for most folks south of 78 and especially closer to 195 and it'll be gone by early afternoon.

Reactions: NJIT_1990
Very light snow here in belle mead..30 degrees...one inch on grass and cartops and as I predicted not sticking to pavement, streets or sidewalks

1.0" here in Metuchen as of 7:30 am and 31F. Snowing lightly. Everything is covered, including driveways, sidewalks and sidestreets (partly). I'm sure main roads are fine, especially with the sun now up. Reports of a general 0.5-1.5" for most of Central Jersey south of 78, with more towards 195 and the coast and less to the N/W. Even close to an inch in Manhattan (1" on SI). Pretty, low impact snow, as expected, except south of 195 and SE of the Delaware River, where 2-3" are on the ground with another inch or so to come (4" in Cape May).

I guess this is winter's last gasp. Looking out the patio door this morning:

WintersLastGasp%202016-03-04%20-%201_zpsigbpog5u.jpg

Just came back from salting. Parking lots in Hillsborough/Bridgewater/Somerville were not snowcovered. But I did anyway. Gotta make that greencabbage. Sidewalks in Hillsborough slightly covered. Sidewalks in Somerville/Raritan basically clear except brick pavers which are always colder then cement walks. Much ado about nothing. All driveways north of Hillsborough are completely blacktop. This at 830am.

Had about an inch on the car when I left, plus it was sticking to our driveway in some places. On the way out of Wayne encountered a few sidestreets where it was sticking.

Hopefully this is goodbye and good riddance to snow for the rest of the year. Hello 70 degrees!

Hopefully this is goodbye and good riddance to snow for the rest of the year. Hello 70 degrees!

May hit 70 this coming week in the Philly area.

In the last 30 years, NYC avg'd 2 measurable snow storms in March totaling around 6".

Ain't over till it's over.

A beautiful 0.0" here in southern NY! All snow events should be like this!!!:clap:

Cherry Hill had snow in the predicted time frame of 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. None of it stuck to pavement. There was more in parts of the Shore -- as RU848789 said, Cape May got four inches.

Well this one certainly is.

How about it AnonoMod, why not lock it up or be really bold and get rid of it? I triple dog dare you.

You're a real rebel aren't you?[winking]

Just don't start trying to redirect Olympic sport discussions elsewhere. That job's already taken.

You're a real rebel aren't you?[winking]

Just don't start trying to redirect Olympic sport discussions elsewhere. That job's already taken.
So true.

But it will be interesting to see if anything happens.

Tonight's models have moved back to the NW just a tad, meaning the 1" line might now be 78 instead of New Hope to Perth Amboy, which is what I said earlier, and the 1/2" line would probably be at 80, with no snow north of 84. The 2" line would likely still be around 276/195. Splitting hairs here, though. Minor snowfall, could be slick between 2 am and 8 am for most folks south of 78 and especially closer to 195 and it'll be gone by early afternoon.

Pretty much spot on. Ended up with 1.4" in the Edison area and I'm at 32.5" for the season, which is about 5" above average - amazing, really, in the 2nd warmest winter on record. Most areas north of 78 got less than one inch and it was generally <0.5" north of 80, while most areas south of 78 got an inch or more and areas south of 195 got 2" or more, with up to 4-6" near the coast, south of Toms River, with Toms River at 4.5", AC around 5" and Cape May being the rare NJ snowstorm winner with 6.5".

Looks like it could be the last snow of the winter, although I'm not a big believer in monthly forecasts. There's a small chance of some snow (especially N/W) next Saturday, after next week's spring-like conditions (should break 70F on Wednesday) and after that the long range forecasts look warm, but all it takes is one cold shot with precip around to get some March snow, so writing the rest of March off (the 3rd snowiest month, ahead of December in many locations) now is premature.

Well this one certainly is.

How about it AnonoMod, why not lock it up or be really bold and get rid of it? I triple dog dare you.

Just for that, this is going to be the only weather thread I ever post in - will go to 10,000 pages at some point, causing you to go blind scrolling to the end, assuming your other habits don't make you go blind sooner...

Just for that, this is going to be the only weather thread I ever post in - will go to 10,000 pages at some point, causing you to go blind scrolling to the end, assuming your other habits don't make you go blind sooner...

There's a good chance I'll see him next weekend. Say the word and I'll hit him upside the head with a Hygrometer.

Reactions: RU848789
I guess it's your turn now...

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT