ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Copa America 2024 Thread

I have no idea who I want to win this. Love watching Messi, but Colombia has won 1 Copa and 0 WC's, while Argentina has won 15 and 3, respectively, and I tend to root for underdogs. Hoping for a great game I guess.

seeing some rumors the city may order the game to be halted due to crowd control concerns. No idea how true they are.

And now the Fox audio and video are out so sync with the video behind. Really enjoyable experience this soccer stuff...

This Copa has been rough.

Complaints about the grass in many venues during group play
End of Uruguay/Colombia
Crowd control tonight

World Cup organizers have 2 years to figure things out.
Americans aren’t running it. That’s the problem.

One thing about Messi tonight, his touches have seemed heavy for him. I mean, right from the start of the game.

This is ridiculous. I guess the 1 minute of extra time was to give some more time to Shakira.

This ref is great. Letting ‘em play, not buying all the fake fouls, which we know are fake ‘cause the players keep popping right up with miraculous recoveries when no fouls is given.

Reactions: RU848789
At some point this childish shit gets old, no?
No it’s hilarious. That post he made was the greatest this board has ever seen. Instant classic. Even went viral. Never to be forgotten.

Laugh a little it’s ok.

No it’s hilarious. That post he made was the greatest this board has ever seen. Instant classic. Even went viral. Never to be forgotten.

Laugh a little it’s ok.
I did laugh the first 100 times the joke was made. It was legit funny for awhile. But eventually, bring something else to the table.

This ref is great. Letting ‘em play, not buying all the fake fouls, which we know are fake ‘cause the players keep popping right up with miraculous recoveries when no fouls is given.
Loved it. And Argentina really stepped up in the 2nd half and the OT and deserved to win, IMO. Great goal and fantastic defending.

Loved it. And Argentina really stepped up in the 2nd half and the OT and deserved to win, IMO. Great goal and fantastic defending.
Was a good game. Not a great game, IMO, but a good one. Glad it didn’t go to penalties.

Reactions: Kbee3
Was a good game. Not a great game, IMO, but a good one. Glad it didn’t go to penalties.
Agreed - was choppy and physical with way too much diving and you could tell most of the players were gassed by the end of regulation, but it was still exciting and completely agree on being happy about it not going to PKs.

I did laugh the first 100 times the joke was made. It was legit funny for awhile. But eventually, bring something else to the table.
That was the first time I made the Shakira joke.

And honestly, the original joke will never not be funny. Greatest link ever posted on this board.

What happened at Hardrock last night was an absolute disgrace. People climbing fences, tearing apart ducting and crawling through the ventilation system? Thousands sitting in the aisles? People paying 100's, even 1000's for their tickets, then NOT being able to sit in them because they couldn't remove, essentially, THIEVES from their seats??!! Like security couldn't remove them because they couldn't reach them??!!!

The fact that this game was allowed to be played - by all involved including the MFD I assume - is stunning. Thankfully - THANKFULLY - there appeared to be no serious injuries and damage appeard to be limited as well.

BTW - I blame EVERYONE involved for not being ready. If they had paid attention they SHOULD have known the fans would be there early, in large #'s, and looking to get in/for tickets any way possible. Colombia had drawn HUGE crowds throughout, as had Argentina, so on a Sunday in Miami how they were nowhere close to being ready to deal with this, EARLY ON IN THE DAY, is head-shaking to me. Remember this was a Colombian side on a 23-match unbeaten streak, with their last loss being to....that's right....Argentina! Plus an Argentinian side looking to make its claim to being the GREATEST ever (along with Spain a little over a decade ago). They should've been ready IMHO.

That being said.....wow....one HELLUVA match!!! And TBH I'm glad Argentina won. Great "goodbye" on the national scene for Di Maria and Messi. The "love affair" The Argentinian fans have for Di Maria might be one of the greatest in the history of sports. I'd put their "goodbye" to him - which lasted for about 10-minute prior to him coming off the pitch - right up there with the one given to Paul O'Neill in his last Yankee regular season home game.

Last edited:
If the game had started at 8, I was going to watch it. Once it wasn't starting until 9:15, I blew it off altogether and was asleep by 9:30.

I'm not sure how access/parking works there, but nobody without a ticket should be allowed within 100 yards of the building. Not that hard to figure out and implement. But I guess you have to be willing to spend some of your millions in profit to make it happen.

Reactions: Caliknight
It was run by Combal or whatever the hell they are called.

Third world operation running a third world style event. None of this should be a surprise.

Special kind of piece of shit with zero regard to the rules of civilized society to break in and take somebody's seat. Must be encouraged behavior in their home countries, who knows.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT