ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corey Sanders suspended? per twitter

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
haven't seen anything, twitter is buzzing, supposedly two weeks, for violating team rules

So we're down to a six-man rotation for the rest of the season. Alrighty then...

Can someone check schedules to see if Rutgers-Newark is available to stand in for the Scarlet Knights the rest of the way? Or maybe choose a different punishment that takes less toll on the team and ticket buyers. Please have the Athletics Dept contact Syracuse or North Carolina for guidance on dealing with infractions.

This probably tilts the scales re: the speculation that Sanders transfers out at the end of the year.
never saw such rumor,in fact Sanders came out in support of Jordan the other day.

If a change is going to be made, I am sure that Hobbs will do it in a professional, dignified manner - one that would involve praising EJ for his service to Rutgers, for be a loyal son and putting forth a valiant effort in difficult circumstances & guiding the team with leadership, wisdom and compassion to move beyond the tumultuous episodes that preceded his arrival.

It will be heralded as a time to move on to the next chapter for the program and a new face will be introduced to carry on the quest to return Rutgers to Basketball prominence....

This change may be kicked into high gear if the issue with Sanders is going to be virtually non-resolvable - - and we suddenly start to hear rumors about "hardship waiver for sick relative"

We interrupt this thread for an important social service announcement....good ball players sometimes aren't entirely what or who we think they are, but we don't give up on them.

Reactions: ruready07
They should have added a football player to team a few weeks ago. Imagine if Williams turns an ankle?

giphy.gif

There goes any chance of winning at least one conference game. We will be playing the other doormat twice (Minnesota) without a chance.

I heard that Eddie caught him playing defense, definitely a no-no with this team.

Reactions: RUsSKii
There goes any chance of winning at least one conference game. We will be playing the other doormat twice (Minnesota) without a chance.

Actually, I think 2nd Minn. game is March 6, which is 3 weeks out (after suspension)...

But apparently no one has the facts and if so it is not a public item. I think any coach is entitled to having this right. I am sure Hobbs knows and must be in agreement. Do people really believe that EJ did this without good reasoning.

as opposed to what has been going on the last 30 years?

I have lost a lot of faith in Jordan but he has established rules for his players that must be met. He recently suspended Freeman (who was injured anyway) for an academic infraction. If I had to guess, I would think Sanders did something similar. If he was bending the rules he established because Sanders is his best player, that would be the final nail in the coffin. This is another lost season (probably our worst over 50 years).

I think Sanders might stick if only because a great sophomore year could have him ticketed for the NBA. Sitting out a year definitely pushes back the big money clock for him.

If he believes he can declare after year 2, it doesn't matter so much where he plays.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT