ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ESPN Plus

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
We have it free through a Verizon wireless package, but that ends on October 17.
I use ESPN plus to watch college football games that are only on ESPN plus. Anyone know any other cheap ways to get it? $11.99/month or $119/year is steep when you consider the YouTubeTV and other app subscriptions.

Thinking may just subscribe for 3 months of college football.

The cheapest way to get it is to get it for free with the Verizon mobile plan that includes the Disney bundle; just pay for the cheapest version of the Disney bundle, or get it by itself and use a credit card that offers a discount for it or allows you to get it for free.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The cheapest way to get it is to get it for free with the Verizon mobile plan that includes the Disney bundle; just pay for the cheapest version of the Disney bundle, or get it by itself and use a credit card that offers a discount for it or allows you to get it for free.
Verizon is discontinuing that as of October 17.

Last year, there was a Hulu/Disney/Espn+ bundle. Can use Hulu TV in place of YouTube TV.

Not sure what they have this year because I switched to YT.

What's "NGL"? And why do you think Verizon will be getting rid of all perks over the next 12 months?
Not going to lie.

I’m a Verizon customer and the only notices I have gotten from them over the past 12 months are fee increases or benefits going away. Moreso than any other period I’ve been a customer of theirs.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not going to lie.

I’m a Verizon customer and the only notices I have gotten from them over the past 12 months are fee increases or benefits going away. Moreso than any other period I’ve been a customer of theirs.
Yeah, they have always provided good cellular and wireless service. But it's way overpriced and their various contracts, if you ever take the time to read through them, are exceedingly tilted towards screwing their customers.

Reactions: BossNJ
Last year, there was a Hulu/Disney/Espn+ bundle. Can use Hulu TV in place of YouTube TV.

Not sure what they have this year because I switched to YT.
Not quite true. That bundle is not for Hulu Live which is the equivalent of YTTV. Pretty sure I have that right.

Wait.. are you guys indicating the game is only on ESPN plus? I see it listed as ACC network... OH.. if you don't get that.. then ESPN+.. gotcha

Can't speak to the veracity but came across this.

Reactions: mildone

Let's hope that is the correct info. The email, which I got, is indeed very confusing so I've taken a wait and see attitude.

Either way, now or later, Verizon will eventually make it impossible to retain the bundle "as is" because every time I change just about anything with my wireless plan, they more or less force me to change to some new plan. New phone, new line, drop a line, whatever. They always force a plan change.

It comes across like a confidence game, like how Poland Spring tried to tell us customers how great it was that we'd be getting their new ergonomic 5 gallon bottles for absolutely no price increase (when we had been getting 6 gallon bottles for that same price).

I'd keep ranting, but this is better...

--- NOT SAFE FOR WORK ---

Not quite true. That bundle is not for Hulu Live which is the equivalent of YTTV. Pretty sure I have that right.

Wait.. are you guys indicating the game is only on ESPN plus? I see it listed as ACC network... OH.. if you don't get that.. then ESPN+.. gotcha
Yes, it is. It's also the best solution for the OP.

Eligible subscribers can sign up for a Hulu + Live TV plan, which include Disney+ and ESPN+.

Wow:

Why Women Kill Hero GIF by Paramount+

Show Off Super Hero GIF by CBeebies HQ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT