ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Has anyone ever been to F-Cove?

That;’s a five year old video, for what it’s worth, but yeah, rumor has it people are partying there much more recently.

Been there several times this summer. Friends moved to the bay area and have a great boat. Fun place to party, listen to music and people watch. Very upbeat, happy people. Gets very crowded on weekends. Word of advice - leave early in the afternoon or late. Entrance is very shallow and during the rush out lots of boats get stuck. Fun to watch lol.

Also for you people that are easily triggered and like safe spaces you should probably stay away. Literally hundreds of Trump flags.

That;’s a five year old video, for what it’s worth, but yeah, rumor has it people are partying there much more recently.
I was just asking a question,and showing the place, I wasn't shooting for any other statement. I'm well aware of COVID and how this might negatively or not impact going. Just asking as I'm making a decision on whether to go or not.

A friend of mine and I were hired by MTV to work as lifeguards because the cast of Jersey Shore were going on a boat ride 10 years ago...They paid $300 each cash for 4 hours and we said let's go...They said meet us at a house on Princeton Ave (Brick)...We just thought they were going to cruise around the Metedekonk and have a quiet easy day...When we get there they have 2 35-40' boats loaded up with booze and a DJ...We head to F-Cove and the place was packed...The locals were not happy at all that there were tv cameras there and the cast of Jersey Shore...There were waverunners going by and cursing and screaming Get the F out of Here...We were there a couple hours partying and there was a lot of tension with the locals...They started a chant "Parkway North" Go Home...My friend and I were like were Ocean County boys stop yelling at us...Finally whoever was in charge was its time to go, as we start pulling out Snooki throws a beer can at a boat and the the place erupted and bottles and cans were hurled at our 2 boats...The drivers of the boats floor it out of the cove and we all hit the deck until we got into open water...Pretty funny day for us!

Been there several times this summer. Friends moved to the bay area and have a great boat. Fun place to party, listen to music and people watch. Very upbeat, happy people. Gets very crowded on weekends. Word of advice - leave early in the afternoon or late. Entrance is very shallow and during the rush out lots of boats get stuck. Fun to watch lol.

Also for you people that are easily triggered and like safe spaces you should probably stay away. Literally hundreds of Trump flags.

Are most of those boats day rentals and people just hang out for the day? or all younger people who own boats or have parents who own boats?

looks like a good spot for a bullshark attack, haha!

A friend of mine and I were hired by MTV to work as lifeguards because the cast of Jersey Shore were going on a boat ride 10 years ago...They paid $300 each cash for 4 hours and we said let's go...They said meet us at a house on Princeton Ave (Brick)...We just thought they were going to cruise around the Metedekonk and have a quiet easy day...When we get there they have 2 35-40' boats loaded up with booze and a DJ...We head to F-Cove and the place was packed...The locals were not happy at all that there were tv cameras there and the cast of Jersey Shore...There were waverunners going by and cursing and screaming Get the F out of Here...We were there a couple hours partying and there was a lot of tension with the locals...They started a chant "Parkway North" Go Home...My friend and I were like were Ocean County boys stop yelling at us...Finally whoever was in charge was its time to go, as we start pulling out Snooki throws a beer can at a boat and the the place erupted and bottles and cans were hurled at our 2 boats...The drivers of the boats floor it out of the cove and we all hit the deck until we got into open water...Pretty funny day for us!
funny!
I just looked up FCove to get more info and this was in the article---
"Years ago, before the Jersey Shore Cast (ugh) filmed there it was a low key spot where locals came with their families. Now it is frequented by few locals and lots of uhm, non-Jersey shore natives who … act like the Jersey Shore cast (you get the picture). "

Great story!!!!

Are most of those boats day rentals and people just hang out for the day? or all younger people who own boats or have parents who own boats?

looks like a good spot for a bullshark attack, haha!
Very few day rentals - almost all are boat owners. Lots of amazing boats in and out all day. That is part of the fun. watching the boats and guessing how much they paid. Several 750k plus boats - some in the 2 million range. People in NJ have lots of money - which is a good thing.

Looks like a Kid Rock video shoot from 20 years ago, lol. The crowd doesn't appear 'diverse'. Could have been shot on the redneck Rivera in Alabama and nobody would know the diff except for the accents.
You are so much smarter. Of course where you hang out I am sure everyone is miserable. As my brother used to say "jealously rears its ugly head in many different ways".

funny!
I just looked up FCove to get more info and this was in the article---
"Years ago, before the Jersey Shore Cast (ugh) filmed there it was a low key spot where locals came with their families. Now it is frequented by few locals and lots of uhm, non-Jersey shore natives who … act like the Jersey Shore cast (you get the picture). "
You found this on the Internet so it must be true.

Not my thing, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
I'm shocked the local authorities haven't taken to overzealous BWI and "safety" patrols of the area.

F Cove is a lot of fun. 10 minutes from my house. Haven't been there in a couple of years though.

Not my thing, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
I'm shocked the local authorities haven't taken to overzealous BWI and "safety" patrols of the area.
I used to visit F cove almost every summer weekend from 1987-2007. Back then the property and water ways were privately owned and the state police would kick you out if they caught you in there.
I cannot remember when ocean county acquired the property but it didn’t take long but locals would use it as a nice hang out. Then the non locals would come and things started to get unruly.
my favorite things about F cove are as follows: Hot Chicks in bikinis but you have to see the not so hot chicks in bikinis, drink people everywhere. Love to see drunk people trying to launch their boats is always fun! State police doing boardings just outside the entrance to f cove. Lastly watching big boats ground their propellers on the entrance into f cove. Haven’t been to f cove in years but if you want to go for the experience this is what it is like, a football tailgate on boats with chicks in bikinis and fat dudes trying To pick them up.

great story.. that clown show should have been sued for calling it "Jersey Shore" and not "Invaders of the Jersey Shore"

That water looks gross. ... Gowanus canal'esque
well the boats don't help.. but that is natural-looking to me. Its a bay and marsh side of the bay... with slow-moving streams and rivers entering it. Probably a lot of crabs living life to the fullest at F-cove.

Looks cool for the younger crowd and wannabes trying to keep their youth. When I was mid- to early 20's, would have been my thing for sure.
Nothing really looked that fun in the video, and the music in it, sounded sort of like a timeshare video. lol
Anyway- since it is outdoors in boats- shouldnt be too much of a covid risk...though, I doubt there are many designated boaters driving out of there though.
Is it that crowded this year? Curious...Also, what part of Brick is it in...I may look to buy in Brick in the next year or two.

Crabs ...lol.

True story, our family was poor/ lower middle class growing up in Brooklyn in the early 60s, for summer 'vacations', we would drive to our Uncles house in Vineland, NJ- 'Paradise' to us , lol. About 2-3 familes, totaling about 14 would crash on coaches. floors, sleeping bags, and head out to Sea Isle City in the early morning and catch bushels and bushels of crabs in little row boats in the little inlets, Men drinking beer all day in the row boats, and the boys throwing live crabs at each other, lol. We'd go back and the women would clean the crabs while Men and boys showered and cleaned up, then we would have a big party of steamed crabs with spaghetti, crabs with melted butter and garlic, Meat balls and pulled crab lol, kegs of beer, cheap red wine, the older Men playing accordions and ukeleles, while everyone sang, played bocce, corn hole and horse shoes, later on men played poker, ladies sometimes played canasta or brisk. Kids catching lightning bugs and finding trouble, lol..

That was a 'fancy vacation' growing up poor in the 1960s in Brooklyn and Vineland NJ. lol While parts of Brooklyn are now 'gentrified' I think my old neighborhood of East New York, Brooklyn and my uncle/aunt/cousins in Vineland neighborhood neighborhoods are still pretty 'blue collar' and not so yuppiefied yet.

I now root for Isaih Pachecho and Nihym Anderson and the few players we have from NYC knowing they probably grew up a bit different than most of the others on the roster.

But when I hear or think of 'Crabs' I think of Vineland and Sea isle City in the 1960s l

Looks cool for the younger crowd and wannabes trying to keep their youth. When I was mid- to early 20's, would have been my thing for sure.
Nothing really looked that fun in the video, and the music in it, sounded sort of like a timeshare video. lol
Anyway- since it is outdoors in boats- shouldnt be too much of a covid risk...though, I doubt there are many designated boaters driving out of there though.
Is it that crowded this year? Curious...Also, what part of Brick is it in...I may look to buy in Brick in the next year or two.
get google map open.. go to the water in brick above teh road to Mantoloking and look for the F shaped lagoons..

Saw a link there for someone delivering pizzas to boats.. will that happen is Biden/AOC's America?

Last edited:
True story, our family was poor/ lower middle class growing up in Brooklyn in the early 60s, for summer 'vacations', we would drive to our Uncles house in Vineland, NJ- 'Paradise' to us , lol. About 2-3 familes, totaling about 14 would crash on coaches. floors, sleeping bags, and head out to Sea Isle City in the early morning and catch bushels and bushels of crabs in little row boats in the little inlets, Men drinking beer all day in the row boats, and the boys throwing live crabs at each other, lol. We'd go back and the women would clean the crabs while Men and boys showered and cleaned up, then we would have a big party of steamed crabs with spaghetti, crabs with melted butter and garlic, Meat balls and pulled crab lol, kegs of beer, cheap red wine, the older Men playing accordions and ukeleles, while everyone sang, played bocce, corn hole and horse shoes, later on men played poker, ladies sometimes played canasta or brisk. Kids catching lightning bugs and finding trouble, lol..

That was a 'fancy vacation' growing up poor in the 1960s in Brooklyn and Vineland NJ. lol While parts of Brooklyn are now 'gentrified' I think my old neighborhood of East New York, Brooklyn and my uncle/aunt/cousins in Vineland neighborhood neighborhoods are still pretty 'blue collar' and not so yuppiefied yet.

I now root for Isaih Pachecho and Nihym Anderson and the few players we have from NYC knowing they probably grew up a bit different than most of the others on the roster.

But when I hear or think of 'Crabs' I think of Vineland and Sea isle City in the 1960s l
You guys use bait on lines with a net? Or box traps? I am from Ocean County and we'd walk the mile or so to the bay in old sneakers with an empty bushel basket and seine net and just drag the shallow after the bay-side sunbathers had left about 5pm. Fill up the bushel .. or half full depending on how it was going.. then return home and divvy them up or gift them to one Sicilian parent who really appreciated them. I like hunt.. and the crab meat.. but the stuff in-between I can do without.

Might not be a typical vacation, nowadays, but still sounds like a heckuva a good time.

You guys use bait on lines with a net? Or box traps? I am from Ocean County and we'd walk the mile or so to the bay in old sneakers with an empty bushel basket and seine net and just drag the shallow after the bay-side sunbathers had left about 5pm. Fill up the bushel .. or half full depending on how it was going.. then return home and divvy them up or gift them to one Sicilian parent who really appreciated them. I like hunt.. and the crab meat.. but the stuff in-between I can do without.

Chicken parts on drop lines, Pull up the line when you feel a little tug and have a net ready to scoop them in. Throw them in a bushel with a lid. Some escaped in the boat which cause Mini panic and lots of laughs getting them back in the bushels. Called for another can of beer, lol

Reactions: hankee18
well the boats don't help.. but that is natural-looking to me. Its a bay and marsh side of the bay... with slow-moving streams and rivers entering it. Probably a lot of crabs living life to the fullest at F-cove.
This is my recollection of the stories I heard about how F cove came to be. The story goes there we’re on water condos that were going to go up there, hence the unnaturally deep water in the cove. The rich people In mantoloking didn’t want To looking at the condos and got the project stopped. Years after that eventually ocean county bought the property, I am guessing late 1990’s - early 2000’s. I just remember taking a wave runner in there sometimes the state troopers would wait for people and give them tickets for trespassing. After the county bought it you were allowed to go in F cove. BTW the county owned boat yard just to the south of F cove, was a wreck of a boat yard until ocean county bought it. There was a little cove that runs behind the boat yard where there were people who lived on their boats year round.

Another favorite F cove thing to do was to go in there when a west wind is blowing. You see when the wind is from the west, it blows all the green head flies from the pine barrens east towards f cove and mantoloking.
I would drive into f cove on my wave runner when their was a west wind just watch people swatting, slapping and screaming from getting bit by the green heads. Those little bastards are vicious and draw blood! Watching wives, girlfriends and children yelling at the poor husband, boyfriend, father was comedy gold. Never go to F cove if there is a west wind, you will thank me for this one piece of advice.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
F cove is actually part of the forsythe refuge which is owned by the US government and is protected land. I believe they have 1 ranger for all of NJ, the refuge is expansive. They have handed enforcement issues to the state and Brick police. About 10 years ago at its worse, the US government closed off F cove for a season and since it has been a bit tamer. They still have a hot dog boat and new this year a pizza boat. Even when crowded, which it still gets, most keep it relatively under control.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT