ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I might have Covid

Thank you sir! I'm still down with no energy or taste/smell. An headache will come to me every now & then. Still mostly only eating 1-2 times a day. My wife caught it from me 2-3 days after i originally caught it and she's really hurting the past couple days.
Good luck...Keep us posted on both of you...

Reactions: miket007
@RU5781 and @RU-05 - how are you guys doing?
I'm good, still have a lingering cough(which I hear is fairly common), maybe a bit of runny nose, but my energy is good.

The lingering cough thing was not unusual for me with colds 5 years or so back, but in recent years have been able to keep those in check with vitamin C(at least that's my theory). Hitting this with all sorts of vitamins, so maybe that has helped, but it's still hanging on a little.

Thanks for asking.

I'm good, still have a lingering cough(which I hear is fairly common), maybe a bit of runny nose, but my energy is good.

The lingering cough thing was not unusual for me with colds 5 years or so back, but in recent years have been able to keep those in check with vitamin C(at least that's my theory). Hitting this with all sorts of vitamins, so maybe that has helped, but it's still hanging on a little.

Thanks for asking.
I have a horrible cough (mostly mornings)...I sound like I smoke 400 cigs a day. I'm going for chest xray next week.

Last edited:
Thanks!
I'm fine otherwise. Who knows if it's Covid related
I think you need to get out and enjoy some nature , breath some fresh air to help freshen those lungs . I noticed someone started a thread about hiking. A lot of very good suggestions in it . [roll]

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
I have a horrible cough mostly mornings...I sound like I smoke 400 cigs a day. I'm going for chest xray next week.
Glad you don’t smoke 400 cigs a day...not only would that be super pricy but your doctor would be most unhappy with you! 🤭

I have a horrible cough mostly mornings...I sound like I smoke 400 cigs a day. I'm going for chest xray next week.
Did you have Covid recently?

Somewhat related, any indigestion issues? I wonder if mine is not a combo, or maybe the covid enhancing the indigestion which leads to increased irratibility?

Theorizing.

I was diagnosed Jan 15 and am scheduled to report back to work friday Jan 29th. Feel half-way decent but still have a cough, little headache, no taste smell or energy. Kind of nervous reporting back to the facility where so many inmates 40-45 to be exact have tested positive since Jan 10th when the positive test began. Really considering going to the doctors for a note to rest my body and build my immune system up. I'm 48 now time to start respecting my body!

Reactions: Greg2020
I was diagnosed Jan 15 and am scheduled to report back to work friday Jan 29th. Feel half-way decent but still have a cough, little headache, no taste smell or energy. Kind of nervous reporting back to the facility where so many inmates 40-45 to be exact have tested positive since Jan 10th when the positive test began. Really considering going to the doctors for a note to rest my body and build my immune system up. I'm 48 now time to start respecting my body!
glad you are doing somewhat better. Hope you keep recovering.

Reactions: Jm0513 and miket007
Thanks!
I'm fine otherwise. Who knows if it's Covid related.
Are you sure it’s not that cute little bugger in your hands? I‘ve a cough for years, and it pretty much started after we got our latest from a shelter. But, she wormed her way in pretty quick and is a family member, so I just put up with it. Me getting a bit older, chunkier, and more sedentary doesn’t help either.

My kids have been exposed since their day one and don’t have any issues. The dog may be allergic to them though...

1VEi7ac.jpg

5w5gdYR.jpg

• Love
Are you sure it’s not that cute little bugger in your hands? I‘ve a cough for years, and it pretty much started after we got our latest from a shelter. But, she wormed her way in pretty quick and is a family member, so I just put up with it. Me getting a bit older, chunkier, and more sedentary doesn’t help either.

My kids have been exposed since their day one and don’t have any issues. The dog may be allergic to them though...

1VEi7ac.jpg

5w5gdYR.jpg
Oh my gosh..how adorable! How old is your son? I'm guessing 3.(or soon to be)
The dog is very cute too!
I've had my furball Shih Tzu since she was 4weeks old. I've never really had any issues with cough until recently.
It's mostly mornings and I have acid reflux, so that might be contributing to it.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh..how adorable! How old is your son? I'm guessing 3.(or soon to be)
The dog is very cute too!
I've had my furball Shih Tzu since she was 4weeks old. I've never really had any issues with cough until recently.
It's mostly mornings and I have acid reflux, so that might be contributing to it.
Ah, yeah, that might be it.

Thanks. Believe it or not, those are 2 different kids and not twins, separated by 18 months. They are 5 and 7 now. These pix are a few years old. Top is the oldest, he’s probably a bit more than 2 here. The bottom guy is probably a bit less than 2 here.

Sophie the dog - not sure how old, or breed, or really anything. Her story was she was found on the street somewhere in Texas. The vet said she was probably 1-2 about a year before our oldest was born. Yeesh, this math is starting to be too much - Ha!

Sorry for the thread derail - hope everyone is recovering nicely.

You are an inmate??? Just kidding. General rule is out for 10 days after first symptoms, fever free for 24 hours without tylenol, and significant improvement of symptoms. You can lobby based on lack of strength/energy which can hamper your ability to effectively do your job and ensure your own safety as well as protecting inmates if needed.

P.s. just noticed the date. Did you go back to work? If you did, expect to be beat tired at the end of your shift.

Reactions: miket007
You are an inmate??? Just kidding. General rule is out for 10 days after first symptoms, fever free for 24 hours without tylenol, and significant improvement of symptoms. You can lobby based on lack of strength/energy which can hamper your ability to effectively do your job and ensure your own safety as well as protecting inmates if needed.

P.s. just noticed the date. Did you go back to work? If you did, expect to be beat tired at the end of your shift.
No i didn't go back to work on friday went to the doctors. They put me out until 2-2 for symptoms. Went shopping with my wife earlier home depot/walmart for about 3 hours and was wiped out. I have to do something to get my energy up. Thinking about trying to do some cardio tomorrow before the storm hits...

No i didn't go back to work on friday went to the doctors. They put me out until 2-2 for symptoms. Went shopping with my wife earlier home depot/walmart for about 3 hours and was wiped out. I have to do something to get my energy up. Thinking about trying to do some cardio tomorrow before the storm hits...

Typically, forced cardio will not benefit you much during your initial recovery phase. Keep it short and keep it simple. I was told by a PT buddy there were studies where people went back to higher intensity cardio and their symptoms reverted back to the days just after getting diagnosed. Typically, lethargy, achy, tired. Build up slowly as you feel better, my guess is you will not improve right now with more intense cardio. I have been struggling with getting back to my minimum four mile runs. I'm not sure if it was the prolonged layoff, the frigid weather, or Covid. I'm trying not to force it, but my mentality does not listen well. This is a marathon and not a sprint to the finish.

Typically, forced cardio will not benefit you much during your initial recovery phase. Keep it short and keep it simple. I was told by a PT buddy there were studies where people went back to higher intensity cardio and their symptoms reverted back to the days just after getting diagnosed. Typically, lethargy, achy, tired. Build up slowly as you feel better, my guess is you will not improve right now with more intense cardio. I have been struggling with getting back to my minimum four mile runs. I'm not sure if it was the prolonged layoff, the frigid weather, or Covid. I'm trying not to force it, but my mentality does not listen well. This is a marathon and not a sprint to the finish.
Thank you sir i will heed your words!

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT