ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If I hear/see one more thing about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift........

fight club GIF

Are people seriously comparing Taylor Swift, a corporate created pop singer, with Elvis, the Beatles and Michael Jackson?

Have you heard her music? Have you listened to the lyrics?

You will feel dumber after you do. I am not too old to be completely outside the target audience and I can't name one song. The one's I've heard beyond some of the big hits contain some of the poorest written lyrics I've heard in major pop music.

The number of song-writers, engineers and experienced studio musicians putting together 'her' music could likely fill your office space. They deserve the credit for making her music catchy.

The general population may be getting dumber as time goes on, but that doesn't mean that she's as talented or as famous as some of the greats that have graced our ears in the last 100 years. I'm not condoning Michael Jackson in his later years but he's the closest comparison given his music. The King of Pop had more talent in his pinky finger than Taylor Swift has in her whole being.

Couldn't say it any better.. Beatles were brilliant songwriters recording on primitive equipment . Granted, studio musicians like Billy Preston, Bernard Purdy, etc were brought in from time to time, but the songs are timeless. How many Taylor Swift Songs will be around 50 years from now?
Michael Jackson and Elvis were iconic entertainers, who will also be timeless.
As far as the Taylor Swift/ Travis Kelce matchup. It may cater to the whims of Shallow America, but
Kelce is one of the most talented Tight Ends in History. Taylor Swift is an above average talent, with as stated above, a brilliant production/promotion team behind her. Taylor Dayne has WAY more talent than Swift..
Taylor Swift is very popular and likable however. Travis Kelce, unless you're a Chief's fan, not so much..

I think I can name one song by TS. If you're old enough to remember the Beatles it was a grassroots explosion and cultural phenomenon. 50 years from now will people still be listening to her music? I doubt it.
To top it all off I don't get the excitement over her. She's not that good looking. We probably all know at least a dozen women in our own personal lives that are better looking than her.
Also I can't stand all this WAGs stuff. I could care less who the players are married to or dating. It's all junior high school stuff.

Last edited:
Are people seriously comparing Taylor Swift, a corporate created pop singer, with Elvis, the Beatles and Michael Jackson?

You will feel dumber after you do. I am not too old to be completely outside the target audience and I can't name one song. The one's I've heard beyond some of the big hits contain some of the poorest written lyrics I've heard in major pop music.

The number of song-writers, engineers and experienced studio musicians putting together 'her' music could likely fill your office space. They deserve the credit for making her music catchy.

The general population may be getting dumber as time goes on, but that doesn't mean that she's as talented or as famous as some of the greats that have graced our ears in the last 100 years. I'm not condoning Michael Jackson in his later years but he's the closest comparison given his music. The King of Pop had more talent in his pinky finger than Taylor Swift has in her whole being.
Question I had was is her popularity and media obsession similar to what it was for the Beatles and Elvis. Not comparing music.

She literally added points on to this countries GDP and the Federal Reserve is ever taking notice of her.

Music writer Fred Bronson believed that the Beatles' music will likely become the classical music a century or two hence.
Elvis was the front man for a world changing movement using music as the vehicle.TPTB went all out to stop him and it, but failed.
No one is trying to stop her.

I didn’t realize that adults not on social media were into Taylor Swift.

She is as big as the Beatles. Perhaps bigger.

Last October she had ten songs in the top ten slots of the Billboard Top 100, at the same time. No one has ever done that.

One thing about TSwift relationships is that she is at the Derek Jeter level of discression. She’s had a lot of high profile relationships with famous and somewhat famous men. No one EVER gossiped after the relationship ended.

Makes you wonder if her handlers are having Kelce sign a NDA. He’s a football player who enjoys talking s—- on social media and podcasts. She’s the most famous person in the world.

What ever this relationship is, everyone wins (TSwift penetrated the NFL media market, the NFL gets mindshare with Swifties, and Kelce penetrated….).

The music industry is totally different. Being in the top 10 is not the same as 1983

Well said

There is a whole universe of people that can’t name a TS song. I kind of like her and have no problem one way or another. But it is a fact- walk tge street- ask 10 people “name a TS song”
Now ask same 10- so we don’t screw up age groups- name a Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra, Jackson, Whitney song…
Maybe I am mid understanding the question but she may have a crazy following but she does not move a generation

Reactions: DirtyRU
There is a whole universe of people that can’t name a TS song. I kind of like her and have no problem one way or another. But it is a fact- walk tge street- ask 10 people “name a TS song”
Now ask same 10- so we don’t screw up age groups- name a Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra, Jackson, Whitney song…
Maybe I am mid understanding the question but she may have a crazy following but she does not move a generation
Ask people what music was like before the Beatles.

Reactions: BigLou
Couldn't say it any better.. Beatles were brilliant songwriters recording on primitive equipment . Granted, studio musicians like Billy Preston, Bernard Purdy, etc were brought in from time to time, but the songs are timeless. How many Taylor Swift Songs will be around 50 years from now?
Michael Jackson and Elvis were iconic entertainers, who will also be timeless.
As far as the Taylor Swift/ Travis Kelce matchup. It may cater to the whims of Shallow America, but
Kelce is one of the most talented Tight Ends in History. Taylor Swift is an above average talent, with as stated above, a brilliant production/promotion team behind her. Taylor Dayne has WAY more talent than Swift..
Taylor Swift is very popular and likable however. Travis Kelce, unless you're a Chief's fan, not so much..
Ok Boomer

Reactions: RC1978 and sct1111
I think you are wrong . She is the generational talent for people under 30. Of course your scenario is silly because it is testing 5 acts against one and it is largely dependent on the age of the person. A 70 year old won’t be able to name a TS song and a 20 year old won’t be able to name an Elvis, Beatles, or Sinatra song.

Poor NY Jets fans. As if the expected KC Chiefs beatdown on Sunday Night Football won't be enough, they will have to endure the camera consistently being focused on Taylor Swift and her new boyfriend Travis Kelce. Two weeks ago, Taylor Swift couldn't pick a football out of a Police lineup,
🤣

I think Travis is in it for the money. Marry her, divorce her and take her to the cleaners Travis. Avoid a prenup at all costs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT