ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jackie Mason dead @93

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart

My fomrer wife and I saw Jakcie live in Beverly Hills in 1995. After the show at the Cannon therater I went back stage with my wife to meet Jackie,

There he was holding court with about 20 people from the audience who wanted (like me) to trade quips with the master.

Jackie went arouund the romm at a comfortable pace (he wasn;t frantic). He got to me and my wife.

"Here's a good looking guy" Jackie said about me. He asked if a another woman (not my wife) thought so and she shook her head (no) "She don't think so".

Mu wife was very pretyy and well built, She told Jakie " you know I'm a professional sex therapist and part time prostitute".

Jackie didn't bat an eye ...looked at her and retorted" Ok, can you fit me jn".?

RIP Jakie. The World According to me was a Classic.

The search ....the search for your identity is key.

Loved his "coulda, shoulda, woulda routines....he will be missed!

MO

Last edited:

My fomrer wife and I saw Jakcie live in Beverly Hills in 1995. After the show at the Cannon therater I went back stage with my wife to meet Jackie,

There he was holding court with about 20 people from the audience who wanted (like me) to trade quips with the master.

Jackie went arouund the romm at a comfortable pace (he wasn;t frantic). He got to me and my wife.

"Here's a good looking guy" Jackie said about me. He asked if a another woman (not my wife) thought so and she shook her head (no) "She don't think so".

Mu wife was very pretyy and well built, She told Jakie " you know I'm a professional sex therapist and part time prostitute".

Jackie didn't bat an eye ...looked at her and retorted" Ok, can you fit me jn".?

RIP Jakie. The World According to me was a Classic.

The search ....the search for your identity is key.

Loved his "coulda, shoulda, woulda routines....he will be missed!

MO
RIP. My wife and I saw him several years ago at show in Count Basie Theatre

I hadn't known that he was a rabbi.

I saw his infamous performance on Ed Sullivan after LBJ finished speaking in 1968.

His brother was the Rabbi/founder of Union Hill Synagogue in Manalapan.

Over the past few years I would see Jackie frequently walking down West 57th St around 7th, 8th Ave. He was always alone and nobody ever seemed to bother him. I always wondered if they were just giving him space or people really didn't recognize him.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
I ran into him numerous times at the Carnegie Deli past midnight. I believe he lived in the neighborhood and sometimes it was after one of his shows. If you recall the Carnegie had communal tables and we'd sit at his table or next to it if his was full, as he'd be with friends and/or his wife. Like Union stated earlier in this thread "nobody ever seemed to bother him. I always wondered if they were just giving him space or people really didn't recognize him". Frankly, I think it was the latter and this made him very accessible. I always showed him the respect he deserved, complimented his act ( as I am a HUGE fan) and talked and laughed with him when I saw him at the Carnegie. Jackie was always very accessible and funny as hell. I probably saw his act 20x but nothing compared to enjoying a pastrami on rye and a Heineken or 2 and enjoy Jackie's wit and charm face to face at the Carnegie. Rest in peace sir and I am blessed to have spent numerous late night meals with you.

His brother was the Rabbi/founder of Union Hill Synagogue in Manalapan.

Over the past few years I would see Jackie frequently walking down West 57th St around 7th, 8th Ave. He was always alone and nobody ever seemed to bother him. I always wondered if they were just giving him space or people really didn't recognize him.

His brother was a mohel as well

I hadn't known that he was a rabbi.

I saw his infamous performance on Ed Sullivan after LBJ finished speaking in 1968.
I saw him do his shtick in the College Ave gym after the Ed Sullivan thing. Rapid deployment of fingers and mouth to deny he ever DID give Ed “the finger.” It was beyond hilarious—I’ve never forgotten it!

Sitting in a restaurant years ago (25 maybe) and he walked by. Saying nothing more than "Oy... crowded in here tonight" we all cracked up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT