ADVERTISEMENT

OT Joe Paterno Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo13

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2013
I was talking to a customer of mine who is a Penn State alum. He said he is going to a game this season at Penn Stae to celebrate Joe Paterno. I cannot believe anyone who has a concious would go there and celebrate that A Hole. Anyone who has half a brain knows he knew what was going on.

Reactions: valkabit
That's just it when your mind controlled by a cult. You loose all ability to think for yourself. Although you believe the cult's thoughts are your own.

Reactions: GSGS
I was talking to a customer of mine who is a Penn State alum. He said he is going to a game this season at Penn Stae to celebrate Joe Paterno. I cannot believe anyone who has a concious would go there and celebrate that A Hole. Anyone who has half a brain knows he knew what was going on.
Anyone who has a conscious what?

Maybe the guy is a pedophile? Sometimes the simplest answer...

I would've laughed in the guy's face. The deniers can deny all they want, but a significant chunk of their fan base is completely off the deep end. It is not a small segment of crazies like they want you to believe.

Reactions: RUsSKii and RU-AGK
word-puzzle.jpg.php

So do you celebrate this day? A symbolic "look the other way" moment?

Hard to believe he didn't know, to much circumstantial evidence and eye witness information. By not facing up to the fact, psu will always have this cloud of revulsion hanging over its campus and fan base.

Hard to believe he didn't know, to much circumstantial evidence and eye witness information. By not facing up to the fact, psu will always have this cloud of revulsion hanging over its campus and fan base.

Sooo true.

I get it.. they, the fan base, collectively spent a fortune and built a football empire.

To be told that the Emperor not only had no clothes but he allowed his Minister of Defense to abuse children... it puts all their investment and their belief system into turmoil.

They take real actual PRIDE in that 409 victories thing Paterno has.

They ignored all the police reports of football players doing this and that.. they did not and still do not want anything to mess with the BUSINESS of Penn State Football. It is a HUGE industry in that area if not the entire state. Anything that threatens that "aura" threatens the inflated prices for hotel room, tickets, etc. Tickets that have required decades of donations to secure.

Perhaps unlike "Thon", which claims to be "about the children".. the Sandusky scandal, to the average PSU fan, is not about the children he abused and never was.. it is about the threat to Penn State Football.

YOU ARE PENN STATE... ewwwwwww.

Reactions: buffalochicken21

I went to the Rutgers game in Crappy Valley last year. there are tons of people who still celebrate joe. they named an ice cream flavor after him: Paterno Peach.

Directly outside the stadium gates they had this. People were actually stopping to pray and hold moments of silence. I almost vomited.

IMG_0425_zpssu49tdvy.jpg

Reactions: valkabit
s
I went to the Rutgers game in Crappy Valley last year. there are tons of people who still celebrate joe. they named an ice cream flavor after him: Paterno Peach.

Directly outside the stadium gates they had this. People were actually stopping to pray and hold moments of silence. I almost vomited.

I have to admit that that is really disturbing. Good Lord, it would be ridiculous if they were only doing that simply to honor a coach worth honoring, but people saying prayers and holding moments of silence for a guy who was instrumental in allowing pedophilia to go on for decade
IMG_0425_zpssu49tdvy.jpg

I have to admit that that's pretty disturbing. -Good Lord, it would be ridiculous and over the top if they were doing that to honor a coach who was actually worth honoring, but people saying prayers and holding moments of silence for a guy who, by his lack of definitive action, facilitated pedophilia for decades is really beyond rational thought.

And interesting that they now have an ice cream flavor named "Paterno Peach". -Guess you have to try to look the other way when you're trying to eat it.

s

I have to admit that that's pretty disturbing. -Good Lord, it would be ridiculous and over the top if they were doing that to honor a coach who was actually worth honoring, but people saying prayers and holding moments of silence for a guy who, by his lack of definitive action, facilitated pedophilia for decades is really beyond rational thought.

And interesting that they now have an ice cream flavor named "Paterno Peach". -Guess you have to try to look the other way when you're trying to eat it.

That was a flavor long before the scandal. I love the way you folks take things and just run with it fact or not. There may very well be some fans (out of 90,000+) that will celebrate Paterno but it is far from a majority. There will always be fans of Paterno rightly or wrongly. Why do you spend so much time worrying or even caring about it? Every time a Paterno fan does or says something are you really going to post it here just so the gang can chime in again and again. Do you.. But seems like a waste with all of the positives surrounding your program right now.

That was a flavor long before the scandal. I love the way you folks take things and just run with it fact or not. There may very well be some fans (out of 90,000+) that will celebrate Paterno but it is far from a majority. There will always be fans of Paterno rightly or wrongly. Why do you spend so much time worrying or even caring about it? Every time a Paterno fan does or says something are you really going to post it here just so the gang can chime in again and again. Do you.. But seems like a waste with all of the positives surrounding your program right now.

Ahhh, and within the blink of an eye, a PSU fan arrives to defend what can only be described as behavior that's off the beaten path...even if it's only by a somewhat small percentage of your fans.

Show me another school where people would actually say prayers and hold moments of silence for a guy whose past wasn't by any means the squeaky clean image he promoted for years. And even if it is only a relatively small portion of your fans, it's still something very strange. -I mean this guy wasn't the Pope; he was, when all is said and done, not a deity but a football coach.

IMG_0425_zpssu49tdvy.jpg

Glad I didn't see that display last year.

IMG_0425_zpssu49tdvy.jpg

lol. And did our AD have to apologize for the way you were treated during your visit last year? We are "rivals" after all! Hahaha.

I have no idea what Paterno knew (and neither do you). But I have kids and had nothing to do with it. I love my school and team just like you do. If he was told of a child molestation, and did nothing, or covered it up, then he is and should be burning in hell.

Buuuuttt.....

I know it's real easy to believe that, despite a real lack of actual, ya know, evidence or testimony or proof, and tear down the empire he built, and call us all cult members but.....

Fact: the investigating DA, with full subpoena power and access to testimony/evidence, lauded Paterno for his actions and cooperation.

Fact: the current NCAA regulations for this type of situation mandate coaches do EXACTLY what (75 year old) Paterno did with what he was told (which was what again?).

Fact: Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and countless others who knew Joe said not only that he did what he should have with the information he had, but that they would have done the same thing.

Fact: Greg Schiano. On the defensive staff. 1990s. Had to know right? HAD TO. Yeah it sucks doesn't it? Welcome to it. Why is there nothing else to that do you suppose? Cuz maybe it doesn't SELL? Good lord.

Fact: Money, follow it. The Second Mile. Sandusky the monstrous POS was allowed to start a charity for at-risk youth, adopt multiple kids with the blessing and permission of multiple state agencies with full oversight, and was accused, fully investigated, and cleared of an incident in 1998 by state police and investigators. But nope, it's all on a 70-something football coach who reported exactly what he was told (whatever that was) and ensured there was follow up. The old football coach is the expert. Ok then. If this was a cover up, it was the worst of all-time. What politicians took money from the Second Mile (Corbutt, Thomas). What corporate executives from the PSU board (ahem, Merck, US Steel, BNY Mellon) served on/were tied to the Second Mile? Google is your friend ladies.

But yeah, it's much easier to call us names and a cult and lean on "Franklin sucks" and so forth from a random Maryland poster or spurned players parent. We are "rivals" after all. PSU is a huge reason your pathetic athletic department received a Big10 lifeline. Just ignore that and call us names. Facts be damned, herp derp talk radio CULT.

But hey, those pesky details and facts! And those sanctions, I mean, why were they dropped with all this rock-solid evidence?? That doesn't make sense unless....And those administrators, those guilty bastards, why have most of those charges been dropped? The narrative told me they did it! Why haven't they been convicted??? Oh wait it hasn't even gone to trial yet? After almost 5 YEARS? And the Paternos, I mean, they have the NCAA by the balls and could name their number in this lawsuit of theirs, I mean why haven't they settled? No, it can't be....

Keep it up though fellas, truly. I love living in New Jersey. Full of intelligent, diverse, motivated people. I'll be there in November, just as I was in 2014. And for the basketball game last February. And for whatever future event PSU owns you at. I'll bet since the B10 Network won't be working so hard to call us rivals and you might have 4 wins, that it won't be the 4th world shitshow it was in 2014 and we'll be treated like human beings. Like you were last year. Try it sometime, cuz you're "big time" now.

Last edited:
lol. And did our AD have to apologize for the way you were treated during your visit last year? We are "rivals" after all! Hahaha.

I have no idea what Paterno knew (and neither do you). But I have kids and had nothing to do with it. I love my school and team just like you do. If he was told of a child molestation, and did nothing, or covered it up, then he is and should be burning in hell.

Buuuuttt.....

I know it's real easy to believe that, despite a real lack of actual, ya know, evidence or testimony or proof, and tear down the empire he built, and call us all cult members but.....

Fact: the investigating DA, with full subpoena power and access to testimony/evidence, lauded Paterno for his actions and cooperation.

Fact: the current NCAA regulations for this type of situation mandate coaches do EXACTLY what (75 year old) Paterno did with what he was told (which was what again?).

Fact: Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and countless others who knew Joe said not only that he did what he should have with the information he had, but that they would have done the same thing.

Fact: Greg Schiano. On the defensive staff. 1990s. Had to know right? HAD TO. Yeah it sucks doesn't it? Welcome to it. Why is there nothing else to that do you suppose? Cuz maybe it doesn't SELL? Good lord.

Fact: Money, follow it. The Second Mile. Sandusky the monstrous POS was allowed to start a charity for at-risk youth, adopt multiple kids with the blessing and permission of multiple state agencies with full oversight, and was accused, fully investigated, and cleared of an incident in 1998 by state police and investigators. But nope, it's all on a 70-something football coach who reported exactly what he was told (whatever that was) and ensured there was follow up. The old football coach is the expert. Ok then. If this was a cover up, it was the worst of all-time. What politicians took money from the Second Mile (Corbutt, Thomas). What corporate executives from the PSU board (ahem, Merck, US Steel, BNY Mellon) served on/were tied to the Second Mile? Google is your friend ladies.

But yeah, it's much easier to call us names and a cult and lean on "Franklin sucks" and so forth from a random Maryland poster or spurned players parent. We are "rivals" after all. PSU is a huge reason your pathetic athletic department received a Big10 lifeline. Just ignore that and call us names. Facts be damned, herp derp talk radio CULT.

I love living in New Jersey. Full of intelligent, diverse, motivated people. I'll be there in November. Just as I was in 2014. And for the basketball game last February. I'll bet since the B10 Network won't be working so hard to call us rivals and you might have 4 wins, that it won't be the 4th world shitshow it was in 2014 and we'll be treated like human beings. Like you were last year. Try it sometime, cuz you're "big time" now.
No excuse for letting a child rapist run free. If you know a person is molesting children but you don't report it because it will tarnish the reputation of a college FB program you're a scumbag. It turns out Joe P didn't need to have worried, because the PSU fans will forgive child rape & welcome any accomplices with open arms. Heck they'll even pretend the old scumbag is a saint.

No excuse for letting a child rapist run free. If you know a person is molesting children but you don't report it because it will tarnish the reputation of a college FB program you're a scumbag. It turns out Joe P didn't need to have worried, because the PSU fans will forgive child rape & welcome any accomplices with open arms. Heck they'll even pretend the old scumbag is a saint.

That isn't what happened, or remotely based in reality, but again, have at it. Jesus, lol. We are rivals after all! BTW what is our head-to-head record in all sports since you joined the B10?

Hey where is that HILARIOUS, not at all pathetic pushing 50 Patrick92 with his witty PSU cult memes? You guys and your terrible transient campus and ugly girls are just terrific, just an hour by bus from Manhattan!

Rubio was queer as a 3 dollar bill...it goes right to the top. President - Obama - Bush Sr. etc.

That isn't what happened, or remotely based in reality, but again, have at it. Jesus, lol. We are rivals after all! BTW what is our head-to-head record in all sports since you joined the B10?
Do you really think Sandusky was able to hide that shit for eons? People talk, no way Joe didn't know years before it finally came out.

Even if he did only find out when McQueary told him, it's bullshit to simply tell the University Pres and call it quits. Joe had been a HC for 40 years at that point, he had a obligation to protect young people in his charge, why not protect young kids from a creep like Sandusky?

I'm 51 years old, as a older man my stance has mellowed, I've become a more humane version of myself, I've become more compassionate. Joe at his age damn sure knew right from wrong, he just ignored it for football glory.

Do you really think Sandusky was able to hide that shit for eons? People talk, no way Joe didn't know years before it finally came out.

Even if he did only find out when McQueary told him, it's bullshit to simply tell the University Pres and call it quits. Joe had been a HC for 40 years at that point, he had a obligation to protect young people in his charge, why not protect young kids from a creep like Sandusky?

I'm 51 years old, as a older man my stance has mellowed, I've become a more humane version of myself, I've become more compassionate. Joe at his age damn sure knew right from wrong, he just ignored it for football glory.

Conjecture, non-truths, supposition....

Again, if Joe knew, eff him. I'm a human being, and that is so far beyond the pale of acceptability. But nothing you wrote, or think, literally none of it, is based in truth or backed up by evidence. Call me names, post funny pictures, knock yourself out. Changes nothing.

Conjecture, non-truths, supposition....

Again, if Joe knew, eff him. I'm a human being, and that is so far beyond the pale of acceptability. But nothing you wrote, or think, literally none of it, is based in truth or backed up by evidence. Call me names, post funny pictures, knock yourself out. Changes nothing.
114992_600.jpg

Reactions: RU-AGK
This is line the MSM takes it ....but Sandusky was lined up to Uncle Eddie Savitz in Philly...he was trafficking kids from his First Mile Charity to this piece of garbage in Philly - this shit is widespread and goes right into Law Enforcement and the Judges who funnel these kids.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this shit is everywhere...

Of course not your kids - but kids in trouble who have no parents....they go into these charities and they sold old to the highest bidder usually your US Congressman or Senator our higher up the Presidency - goes on 24/7 365 days a year. They only caught Clinton with an intern but have heard Bush Sr like his boys and young.

Peace out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Savitz

Last edited:

Hey where is that HILARIOUS, not at all pathetic pushing 50 Patrick92 with his witty PSU cult memes? You guys and your terrible transient campus and ugly girls are just terrific, just an hour by bus from Manhattan!

19n0z1.jpg

Our AD should never have apologized for anything.

I'm still waiting for PSU to apologize and return the Rutgers flag that was stolen from our tailgate by some punk frat boy who ran through our tent and ripped it off of the tent.

I'm still waiting for PSU to apologize and return the Rutgers flag that was stolen from our tailgate by some punk frat boy who ran through our tent and ripped it off of the tent.
I wouldn't hold my breath, they think covering up child rape is ok, no way they're remorseful over theft.

Ah, yes, AldenT is indicative of their fans. When there is a huge collection of circumstantial evidence, insist on absolute facts. And when the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming, deny, justify, obfuscate, shift the focus and accuse. "Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and countless others who knew Joe said ... he did what he should have with the information he had...", "Greg Schiano. On the defensive staff. 1990s. Had to know right?" "Money, follow it. The Second Mile." "And did our AD have to apologize for the way you were treated during your visit last year?" Classic behavior, what this board has come to expect.
I absolutely agree. Was the flag tasteless? No question about that. Members of our tailgate cringed when we saw it - it was definitely over the line. But beyond that, people act like Penn State visitors were being shot in the aisles, and that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT