ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Justin Fields to OSU

The reason he is transferring is he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm for the starting QB at UGA but he and his lawyer will use an excuse to not sit out a year.

Total BS - investigate and he will be running all over us next year at OSU.

Peace out

Reactions: miket007
Is this the second time he’s transferring or did you just wake up? Oh, guess what Tate Martell is leaving OSU

Reactions: RUonBrain
The reason he is transferring is he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm for the starting QB at UGA but he and his lawyer will use an excuse to not sit out a year.

Peace out

I think part of the reason was because he was misused by Georgia. Fields is a very mobile pocket passer (and labelled a dual threat), but he was used mostly as a running QB as a change of pace.

If Fields gets a waiver and earns the starting job, the next two seasons we could see three Georgia QB recruits starting in FBS; Fromm at Georgia, Fields at Ohio State, and Eason at Washington.

Reactions: miket007
I think part of the reason was because he was misused by Georgia. Fields is a very mobile pocket passer (and labelled a dual threat), but he was used mostly as a running QB as a change of pace.

If Fields gets a waiver and earns the starting job, the next two seasons we could see three Georgia QB recruits starting in FBS; Fromm at Georgia, Fields at Ohio State, and Eason at Washington.
He wasn’t misused. He’s not as good a thrower as Fromm(as of now). Why bring him in to do worse than the guy you have? He simply doesn’t want to sit and he had a BS excuse the NCAA will fall for.

Reactions: BABYBULL24
He wasn’t misused. He’s not as good a thrower as Fromm(as of now). Why bring him in to do worse than the guy you have? He simply doesn’t want to sit and he had a BS excuse the NCAA will fall for.

He has a stronger arm than Fromm while Fromm is more accurate. He was misused because he wasn't a running QB, but was a QB who could run. My wife and I would watch Fields trot in and we'd say, "Here comes the QB run" which wouldn't be a bad thing if that was the strength of his game. They didn't put him in situations where he could maximize his success.

Your statement is like saying it would have been fine to bring Rice in to run toss sweeps and outside runs almost exclusively because he was faster than Leonard. Rice would have been just as misused as Fields was at UGA. I thought they should have redshirted him after 4 games with the way they were using them, so I'm assuming the Georgia staff promised him he would play in every game and then added QB running plays that they didn't use prior to Fields joining the team and won't run this year. If that was the case, Georgia was forcing the square peg in the round hole in order to keep the promise.

He has a stronger arm than Fromm while Fromm is more accurate. He was misused because he wasn't a running QB, but was a QB who could run. My wife and I would watch Fields trot in and we'd say, "Here comes the QB run" which wouldn't be a bad thing if that was the strength of his game. They didn't put him in situations where he could maximize his success.

Your statement is like saying it would have been fine to bring Rice in to run toss sweeps and outside runs almost exclusively because he was faster than Leonard. Rice would have been just as misused as Fields was at UGA. I thought they should have redshirted him after 4 games with the way they were using them, so I'm assuming the Georgia staff promised him he would play in every game and then added QB running plays that they didn't use prior to Fields joining the team and won't run this year. If that was the case, Georgia was forcing the square peg in the round hole in order to keep the promise.
The Jabu package Southern style. Lol

sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Fields rushed for over 1000 yards in both his junior and senior year. He is 100% a running QB. Can he throw, yes but he is a very strong runner as well.

I hope he doesn't get the waiver,he should have transferred during the season if it upset him that much.....fwiw i'm black
what's even more odd is the place is so racist but his sister is still going to go there.

Reactions: RUskoolie
sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Fields rushed for over 1000 yards in both his junior and senior year. He is 100% a running QB. Can he throw, yes but he is a very strong runner as well.

OK, I'll inform you. He wasn't a running QB who could throw, but a passing QB who could run. True, he did rush for 1176 yards as a junior and 920 as a senior, but more than half his runs started as passes. He IS a passing QB and UGA didn't use him as one. He threw 39 passes while rushing 42 times at UGA last year and did not have more rushing attempts than passing attempts in any game in his last two seasons in high school. He was basically reduced to a "garbage time passer". Of his 39 pass attempts, 30 of them came against Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee State, Vanderbilt, and UMass.

Reactions: Wolv RU
OK, I'll inform you. He wasn't a running QB who could throw, but a passing QB who could run. True, he did rush for 1176 yards as a junior and 920 as a senior, but more than half his runs started as passes. He IS a passing QB and UGA didn't use him as one. He threw 39 passes while rushing 42 times at UGA last year and did not have more rushing attempts than passing attempts in any game in his last two seasons in high school. He was basically reduced to a "garbage time passer". Of his 39 pass attempts, 30 of them came against Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee State, Vanderbilt, and UMass.
Because he wasn’t ready to be a full time QB in the SEC. They promised he’d play and the best way to get him in the field was with his legs. If you watch season 2 of QB1 most of his rushes did not start off a passes. His HS runs read option. Basically exactly what OSU ran pre Haskins.

And we can't lock up a juco LB.I am believing more each day that the Louisville game will be remembered as the day our world ended.

Has Day come out and said what type of O he plans on running?

Peace out
It the sign of the times, the NCAA doesn’t make coaches sit out a year why should players have to sit. MD goes from Temple to Miami I three weeks and we are worried about the players. The players should have a lawyer to fight the whole bs system. LS can have as many 35k “ consultants” on his staff with head coachingdiums, mercha experience as he wants and we are worried about the players. Coaches get paid millions of $$$$ and some players have to struggle to make ends meet and we are worried about the players. Question, who is getting rich, with these 100,000 seat stadiums, merchandising contracts, TV contract and all the other BS that we don’t know about and we are worried about the players. The only thing I worried about when it comes to the players is when they will realize that they need to organize and get their fair share of all the $$$$ that ithey generate every year. That day is coming.

Much more impact to RU than Hurd.

This guy is a stud QB from UGA to OSU and he will be granted a waiver to play next year - he has Shea Patterson's Lawyer and has a BS reason to get waived and the NCAA will concede.
Won't get into it but do your own research.

We will face this guy next year.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...fields-transfer-to/1320pvjf0dnuc1c9u1ejancgch

Simple solution;

1. If racial animus at Georgia is so high then blacks should boycott
2. Rutgers should use Atty. Mars since his arguments tend to pay off

Mo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT