ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Masters 2020

Heres another funny on from 2010 Masters Friday. We are behind 12th tee.
for like 3 threesomes. Every golfer was throwing grass up in the air, looking all over the course at trees for wind...it was actually nauseating it's a 145 yd shot. There was not 1 great shot hit. Rocco Mediate was in the last group we watched. I think he was like +12 with zero chance of making cut. He goes into his bag, grabs a club no practice swing. No looking at trees lets her rip about 2 ft from stick. These guys were literally looking in the air and throwing grass for 3 or 4 minutes b4 they would take their shot. With slow play rules that would not happen today

Heres another funny on from 2010 Masters Friday. We are behind 12th tee.
for like 3 threesomes. Every golfer was throwing grass up in the air, looking all over the course at trees for wind...it was actually nauseating it's a 145 yd shot. There was not 1 great shot hit. Rocco Mediate was in the last group we watched. I think he was like +12 with zero chance of making cut. He goes into his bag, grabs a club no practice swing. No looking at trees lets her rip about 2 ft from stick. These guys were literally looking in the air and throwing grass for 3 or 4 minutes b4 they would take their shot. With slow play rules that would not happen today
I'm standing behind the sand trap on 10 right side of green as golfer is looking at
I look to my right and Tiger's mom is standing right next to me....he missed green left

Gonna be a fun weekend. The leaders for now are at -9, including Dustin, Justin, Smith and Ancer (done today) and several more with a chance to get there or lower. Tiger's at -5 and off to a good start in the 2nd round, Phil is in at -5 and freakin' senior citizen Langer is in at -3! And Rory shot 66 to get back to -3 and we know he can get hot. Course should be tougher on the weekend, as conditions continue to dry out (no rain) and winds are predicted to come up just in time for the back nine on Sunday (20 mph gusts forecast).

I’m happy with my choice of Rahm, actually placed a bet on him before the hole in one other day. However Bryson could be intriguing with that new driver, should he use it.
Wow. Surprised no one has gotten on Richie for picking the two favorites. Come on Richie. Your better then this show some creativity and thought here.

Good - not a fan at all, especially after his "par is 67 for me at the Masters" comment.

Not sure he was being so much cocky as confident the shortish par 5s do not come close to requiring a third shot to reach for him. When he speaks he seems nice enough. And him being sciency about golf would seem to be up your alley. I don't get why he's so polarizing. But I see it a lot.

A packed Leaderboard!

For this Covid version the cut will not use the within the 10 shot rule. Field will be top 50 only.

He is a disaster more concerned about how far he c as n hit it and less concerned with getting up and down.
Though losing a ball 30 yds off the green would piss me off....wait that's happened to me at least a 200x

He is a disaster more concerned about how far he c as n hit it and less concerned with getting up and down.
Though losing a ball 30 yds off the green would piss me off....wait that's happened to me at least a 200x
Disaster? The guy who lapped the field at the toughest course at the US open. And no one had worked harder on their putting the last 2 years. Guy has skyrocketed up the putting charts

But @greenknight i will agree. He made a risky call with the driver change and it has t worked out. Phil made the same call and it has worked out well for him

Except your laying 3 or 4 there instead of 1.

But @greenknight i will agree. He made a risky call with the driver change and it has t worked out. Phil made the same call and it has worked out well for him
The difference is he is just swinging as hard as he can. Augusta is pretty wide open except for a hole or 2. Tight course acc nd hes 10 over right now

The difference is he is just swinging as hard as he can. Augusta is pretty wide open except for a hole or 2. Tight course acc nd hes 10 over right now
Or he decides to not swing as hard... or just plays a 3w off the tee. With his length, a 500 yard par 4 is a 3w, 6i and 2 putts.

Did Nike partner with UPS? What’s with all the brown? Tiger’s putter is holding him back. Very exciting leader board. Can’t wait to watch it on my DVR after the RU game.

Just read the Kevin Na story. Hit ever green in regulation on Thursday but needed 39 putts. Exhibit A for GIR as a useless statistic.......especially for guys who can’t putt. LOL

Reactions: RUevolution36
Just read the Kevin Na story. Hit ever green in regulation on Thursday but needed 39 putts. Exhibit A for GIR as a useless statistic.......especially for guys who can’t putt. LOL
GIR is usually a pretty reliable stat on PGA Tour. I rather have that stat any day. He was probably not getting it close.

Phil - 50
Langer - 63!

Round Bellies hanging on!

Phil must be leading the field in lipped out putts. He's actually driving the ball super well for a change but his putting has let him down. Those 5, 6, 7 foot putts he used to consistently drain aren't falling. If they were he'd be at worst -8.

GIR is usually a pretty reliable stat on PGA Tour. I rather have that stat any day. He was probably not getting it close.
GIR maybe the most important stat in professional golf. If you can't putt and are hitting into the woods you aren't on the tour.
If you are not a great putter but putting for birdie every hole someday some round they will drop.

Bases on his ego and idiocy. He should be in the clubhouse at 124 not 144. There is a reason he us not well liked
I think its in your head that he isn't well liked. Every top golfer mentioned that they talked at length with him recently. He is very well respected on the tour.

GIR maybe the most important stat in professional golf. If you can't putt and are hitting into the woods you aren't on the tour.
If you are not a great putter but putting for birdie every hole someday some round they will drop.

Any time you're hitting the ball along the ground instead of having to put it in the air, you're better off.

Well, except if it's cause you're hitting worm burners. Not that it ever happens to me lol.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Theres a reason why you drive for show and putt for dough. If you have no game within 100yds you will never score

Anybody can work to get your game to 80-90....Took me many rounds that should have be easy 70's until I broke into the 70's much harder to shave strokes once you get there. My only golf regret I never broke par. Best score 71 on par 70.
I had one round that should literally have been 62 ish could not make 1 putt. I was painting the sticks had at least 12-14 forget the # now eagle/birdie putts of 8ft or less and missed every last one and 3 putted at least 7 or 8 of them. Shot like a 76. I was never so mad playing golf as scoring a 76. Never was so on point striking the ball ever. My 71 I was spraying scrambling and getting up and down with chip & putts. Still have no idea why I could not putt that day it was really really bad

Got 3 in the current top 9 in my pool. Would be a nice windfall. Let’s go baby!

Unless DJ falls down the stairs again, he is getting that green jacket. I think one of the announcers joked on Wednesday that he rented a ranch style house this year.

All players will tee off before 10am this morning. And for the first time that I can remember players will tee off both 9s on Sunday without weather conditions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT