ADVERTISEMENT

OT: May 23 Is National Pork Roll Day (Not National Taylor Ham Day)

I think you understand that when someone orders "Taylor Ham" using the trademark properly, they will get "PACKAGED CHOPPED SMOKED HAM".

I am not denying that some people misinformed people do misuse the trademark to order the pork roll product, but that does not make "Taylor Ham" the product pork roll.
misinformed

But can agree with your point it's pork roll.
Just saying ordering Taylor Ham is normal for many people and saying that does get some on this board in a tither
But I say : gourmets expect to see Taylor Ham on the menu where they dine, instead of an inferior pork roll being served to them 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
might be true but if you get sick because the pork roll served has a different ingredient and you sue because you weren't told what they gave you, that place might be in trouble for not letting you know rgey don;t serve what you asked for and give you a choive to turn down what they serve
But all in all , it's Taylor Ham for me, despite that 1906 pure food act ruling.
z94vxx8aq9r01.jpg
You can it whatever you want. That menu is a perfect example of that it's doubtful you are getting Taylor Pork Roll. I guarantee that place isnt making both.
Your argument is just dumb. You are ordering pork roll the same as you are order hot dogs. The product meets the standard of what it is. It's why in 1906 Taylor couldn't call it Taylor. Prepared Ham any more because it's not ham.
If you are worrying about dying from food maybe stop eating a pork roll egg and cheese all together. Not a healthy breakfast! Lol

Well its been nice discussing Taylor Ham , maybe tomorrow will pick up conversation.
but for today
That_sallFolks_1_web.jpg

Reactions: WhiteBus
lol, lame try
man-encouraging-someone-message-written-card-holding-which-try-again-166496369.jpg

dude 😀
You have to admit you just snuck that on this thread just because it has Taylor Ham in the title, right?? 🤣
Even if it has Taylor Pork Roll on it you would be laughed out of any Rutgers tailgate lot. Even Mikey wouldn't eat that or like it lol

No he didn't call it Taylor Ham. From day 1 it was called Taylor's Prepared Ham knowing it wasn't a true piece of ham.
Funny you Taylor Ham crowd think you are getting Taylor Pork Roll by asking for Taylor Ham every time. In a breakfast sandwich I doubt your are getting Taylor Pork Roll 50% of the time. Gullible loyalty
F-ing cripes- ok Taylor Prepared Ham

To the pork roll group- The inventor called it Taylor Ham. Government made them change it- why do you all have an issue with those of us that continue to call it by the name it was created with.
This is why you all can’t really win this and you all just sound stupid.
BTW- up here in the north, they try to pass any other brand onto our sandwiches- they are done.
You poor F-s,,,they can use Eugene’s pork roll and you got no say in it.,,
Were you alive when it was still called Taylor Ham 120 years ago? And do you not respect the government’s authority?

Were you alive when it was still called Taylor Ham 120 years ago? And do you not respect the government’s authority?
Based on what the FDA allows to be called food today, Taylor Ham would probably be acceptable now. 😀

The Jungle came out in 1905 and the FDA was making a lot of decisions back then. No wonder the product name was changed in 1906.

Last edited:
Based on what the FDA allows to be called food today, Taylor Ham would probably be acceptable now. 😀

The Jungle came out in 1905 and the FDA was making a lot of decisions back then. No wonder the product name was changed in 1906.
Ayup!!! This is no joke. Tufts University consults with the Fed Govt on rating foods. Eggs and meat are bad. Lucky Charms and Frosted Mini Wheats are good!

None of us were alive when the FDA forced the change, so it’s pork roll.
since we didn't have a say back in ancient times , that change isn't enforceable in today's food world.
It needs to be modernized to fit with what modern society is about not what an out of date FDA ruling claimed
Taylor Ham is the right order in the current dining world
Taylor Ham is the name and will be used to order the gourmet breakfast sandwich which is the official breakfast sandwich of N.J.
( Except for the backward part of state that is an embarrassment to all who know how to properly order the State's official breakfast sandwich )

since we didn't have a say back in ancient times , that change isn't enforceable in today's food world.
It needs to be modernized to fit with what modern society is about not what an out of date FDA ruling claimed
Taylor Ham is the right order in the current dining world
Taylor Ham is the name and will be used to order the gourmet breakfast sandwich which is the official breakfast sandwich of N.J.
( Except for the backward part of state that is an embarrassment to all who know how to properly order the State's official breakfast sandwich )
Split the baby—“Taylor pork roll”

no not triggered !! , yesrutgers is just " Prepared" to compromise
Proud Of You Thumbs Up GIF by Sealed With A GIF
nah- i just know WB is just stupid in sports knowledge and anything to do with NNJ. He is also triggered, for some reason, anytime I post.

The facts- Taylor even puts "pork Roasted" on the branding
They were forced to do so even though the man invented it and wanted to and did call it Ham.
They appeased everyone and changed it to pork roll
Everyone KNOWS that Taylor Pork roll is actually Taylor Ham
In NNJ- it is referred to as Taylor Ham- and 90% or better actually use and display TH if that is what they are calling it - they do NOT have an out to be allowed to serve anything except Taylor unless someone asks for something different. BTW- when they call it a TH sandwich- they can actually be sued if they do not. So- if they call the meat TH- they know they need to be serving it - not sure why some dopes think otherwise- and we have enough AH people up here that would actually do so.

Southern NJ- Deli's call it pork roll and that allows them to serve anything called porkroll...hahahah these guys think they are the smart clients...it could actually be billybobs west virginia shot from the burning couch pork roll- and they dont care and do not have a liability.
You guys eat that shit
The name pork roll is correct- you just have no idea what the heck you are really getting as they do not have to serve the real stuff...
You all get caught up on the term "ham" - think that wins the argument - Taylor's original Pork Roll was called Taylor Ham - pretty simple stuff

no not triggered !! , yesrutgers is just " Prepared" to compromise
Proud Of You Thumbs Up GIF by Sealed With A GIF
He's not prepared to compromise. He is so creepy he talks about me and his butt buddy 2008 on a Mets thread. I guess he is a loser fan and not understanding Taylor Prepared Ham and Taylor Pork Roll are the only official names Taylor can protect. Add in the Mets suck. Besides he isn't a good sport on here. Been a pleasure trading barbs on here with you (except for the Proud of You guy! That's really creepy 😂)
See his post above! That's shows you he has issues... about pork roll😂😂

He's not prepared to compromise. He is so creepy he talks about me and his butt buddy 2008 on a Mets thread. I guess he is a loser fan and not understanding Taylor Prepared Ham and Taylor Pork Roll are the only official names Taylor can protect. Add in the Mets suck. Besides he isn't a good sport on here. Been a pleasure trading barbs on here with you (except for the Proud of You guy! That's really creepy 😂)
I''ve noticed only nice things are said about you on this board
Great Job GIF by Justin

• Haha
I''ve noticed only nice things are said about you on this board
Great Job GIF by Justin
I have loud enemies 🤣 Stupid enemies but very loud. They stay anonymous on here but people on this board actually have met me at my tailgates or invited to theirs. Internet clowns are repulsive especially those that promise to meet up then ghost you. Plenty of those on here.
You buy the "Taylor Ham" I'll visit your tailgate! I'll bring the beers. Good beers!

Reactions: MADHAT1
That is priceless. lol
And I do have issues with pork roll- but only because, if I am in SNJ- I understand you guys like generic pork roll and dont care what you are served. But have an issue that those of us in NNJ actually ask for Taylor Ham(as our preferred pork roll brand).
When in your area- I'll just get bacon, sausage or normal ham instead of "pork roll" and for some reason you all really don't care who is making your pork roll.
As for baseball- WB just has issues- he is a guy that you just have to tell him he is right and pat him on the head. Don't try to have a conversation- he doesn't know how to have one.

There is Taylor Pork Roll, known as Taylor ham and a bunch of generic brands that are just pork roll- pretty simple, even for the most simple minded.

nah- i just know WB is just stupid in sports knowledge and anything to do with NNJ. He is also triggered, for some reason, anytime I post.

The facts- Taylor even puts "pork Roasted" on the branding
They were forced to do so even though the man invented it and wanted to and did call it Ham.
They appeased everyone and changed it to pork roll
Everyone KNOWS that Taylor Pork roll is actually Taylor Ham
In NNJ- it is referred to as Taylor Ham- and 90% or better actually use and display TH if that is what they are calling it - they do NOT have an out to be allowed to serve anything except Taylor unless someone asks for something different. BTW- when they call it a TH sandwich- they can actually be sued if they do not. So- if they call the meat TH- they know they need to be serving it - not sure why some dopes think otherwise- and we have enough AH people up here that would actually do so.

Southern NJ- Deli's call it pork roll and that allows them to serve anything called porkroll...hahahah these guys think they are the smart clients...it could actually be billybobs west virginia shot from the burning couch pork roll- and they dont care and do not have a liability.
You guys eat that shit
The name pork roll is correct- you just have no idea what the heck you are really getting as they do not have to serve the real stuff...
You all get caught up on the term "ham" - think that wins the argument - Taylor's original Pork Roll was called Taylor Ham - pretty simple stuff
What does it say on the wrapper (for the last 120 years)?

That is priceless. lol
And I do have issues with pork roll- but only because, if I am in SNJ- I understand you guys like generic pork roll and dont care what you are served. But have an issue that those of us in NNJ actually ask for Taylor Ham(as our preferred pork roll brand).
When in your area- I'll just get bacon, sausage or normal ham instead of "pork roll" and for some reason you all really don't care who is making your pork roll.
As for baseball- WB just has issues- he is a guy that you just have to tell him he is right and pat him on the head. Don't try to have a conversation- he doesn't know how to have one.

There is Taylor Pork Roll, known as Taylor ham and a bunch of generic brands that are just pork roll- pretty simple, even for the most simple minded.
I certainly know how to have a conversation. Your problem is you can't admit you are wrong. You feel the need to protect the name of Taylor Ham because you think it gives you a status. Crazy! Fighting over a fake name of unhealthy meat is so important to you. You are stupid too. I've mentioned in this thread and others over all the years of pork roll threads that I don't care what you call it. But I like to poke fun at clowns like you who are so god damn serious about your status of a Taylor Ham protector. A product that doesn't exist BTW. It's been hilarious the lies you are willing to live with. Anyway enjoy the pork roll and maybe concentrate on important things to defend. Thanks for a week of laughter. Maybe some day you will learn. But I doubt it 🤣

That is priceless. lol

Your argument would make sense if those in NNJ would order Taylor Pork Roll. But alas they don’t. Instead they order something that does not exist.
They might also ask for Heinz Tomato Mustard to put on it.

Your argument would make sense if those in NNJ would order Taylor Pork Roll. But alas they don’t. Instead they order something that does not exist.
We are rebels and not going to use a name that the government forced on Mr Taylor.
And no matter what you call Ketchup- it doesnt go on a good egg sandwich. lol

When the menue says pork roll, then it's a take anything type of crap to eat
When menus had Taylor Ham on it , not eat the pork roll shit served, you know you're getting the best.

So when you see Taylor Ham on the menu you know the establishment has "prepared " the gourmet version instated of the inferior product to expect if that establishment just "prepared" pork roll for the customer .Taylor Ham might not be the legal term, but it is the term gourmets use when they are ordering the best.

When the menue says pork roll, then it's a take anything type of crap to eat
When menus had Taylor Ham on it , not eat the pork roll shit served, you know you're getting the best.

So when you see Taylor Ham on the menu you know the establishment has "prepared " the gourmet version instated of the inferior product to expect if that establishment just "prepared" pork roll for the customer .Taylor Ham might not be the legal term, but it is the term gourmets use when they are ordering the best.
It is also funny that the guys from SNJ who's deli's call it pork roll- are so sure that the deli's up here are just fleecing us. And go so far out of their way, that they put TH on the menu and they must be buying a single package of Taylor PR to put in their display case.

I have yet to walk into any deli that says it is TH on their sandwich and does not have it also on display.

Now- in a place, like a diner, where there is no deli display case, I can't speak for them.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Well then, what’s the issue?
We arent the one's with the issue- it is those that are ok with eating random product. If we decided to just win the argument and call it the government issued name- Taylor Pork Roll- does the issue drop?

The north serves a superior product with the brand name Taylor and the Southern part of the state is ok if their sandwich is made in Mexico or anywhere else in the world as they do not expect the best product in the world...

We arent the one's with the issue- it is those that are ok with eating random product. If we decided to just win the argument and call it the government issued name- Taylor Pork Roll- does the issue drop?

The north serves a superior product with the brand name Taylor and the Southern part of the state is ok if their sandwich is made in Mexico or anywhere else in the world as they do not expect the best product in the world...
I have no problem with you calling it whatever you want. Just don’t be disappointed when you discover your superior northern New Jersey product you like to call “Taylor ham” is nothing more than Trenton or cases. Because it is.

You think if you walk into the diner that madhat posted earlier that had pork roll and Taylor ham printed on the menu has 2 separate logs in the back. In case you and your superiority walks in? Or if I walked into your hoity toity market in woodcliff lakes and ordered a pork roll I’d get something different from you? You and I are both getting whatever they are slicing and more than likely it’s isn’t Taylor. All of the meat comes out of pretty much a single square mile in one of the shottiest cities in America.

Last edited:
Reactions: WasatRutgers

Where do you draw the North Jersey/South Jersey line of demarcation? Is Trenton North or South? Have you seen these rogue delis that apparently are rampant only in South Jersey who take advantage of the way people ask for the product? If they only ask for Taylor Ham that they will get the real thing, but if they ask for pork roll they will be given inferior stuff? This sounds kind of whacky.

Reactions: 29PAS and robcac26
Trenton is made by Taylor. Does it really matter? As long as I am not served Case I am fine.

But your northern New Jersey palate should know if you are being served Trenton. Very different recipe. Hahahaha
Correct. If you can't tell the difference between mild and tangy you are an idiot. We know. You guys don't care what you get served.

Correct. If you can't tell the difference between mild and tangy you are an idiot. We know. You guys don't care what you get served.
I guess you don't know that Case's does make a mild. Wow. Fake superiority and clueless. It's like a cult.

Yet you have been eating, an impersonating meat product under the guise of simply ordering “Taylor Ham” would guarantee a taylor branded product. Now who’s the moron?

Yet you have been eating, an impersonating meat product under the guise of simply ordering “Taylor Ham” would guarantee a taylor branded product. Now who’s the moron?
Right. He must go back and supervise the making. Or his go to place serves something else he tastes to be different and spits it out and goes on a search and verify mission for another place. Such nonsense.

It is also funny that the guys from SNJ who's deli's call it pork roll- are so sure that the deli's up here are just fleecing us. And go so far out of their way, that they put TH on the menu and they must be buying a single package of Taylor PR to put in their display case.

I have yet to walk into any deli that says it is TH on their sandwich and does not have it also on display.

Now- in a place, like a diner, where there is no deli display case, I can't speak for them.

I have no problem with you calling it whatever you want. Just don’t be disappointed when you discover your superior northern New Jersey product you like to call “Taylor ham” is nothing more than Trenton or cases. Because it is.

You think if you walk into the diner that madhat posted earlier that had pork roll and Taylor ham printed on the menu has 2 separate logs in the back. In case you and your superiority walks in? Or if I walked into your hoity toity market in woodcliff lakes and ordered a pork roll I’d get something different from you? You and I are both getting whatever they are slicing and more than likely it’s isn’t Taylor. All of the meat comes out of pretty much a single square mile in one of the shottiest cities in America.
you must have missed where I specifically said I can't speak for Diners...

And yes, if you walk into a NNJ Deli and ask for pork roll- you will still get TH. But depending on who is working that day- they may play you up a bit and mess with you. Myself- if I owned a Deli in NNJ, and one of you southerners came in and asked for pork roll- I would have a special roll of Cases in the back just for you. lol

And why do you insist that NNJ Deli's are serving anything other what they say they are serving? Any NNJ Deli that says it is TH and they have a glass display case for their cold cuts and cheeses, they all have the Taylor product in it.

you must have missed where I specifically said I can't speak for Diners...

And yes, if you walk into a NNJ Deli and ask for pork roll- you will still get TH. But depending on who is working that day- they may play you up a bit and mess with you. Myself- if I owned a Deli in NNJ, and one of you southerners came in and asked for pork roll- I would have a special roll of Cases in the back just for you. lol

And why do you insist that NNJ Deli's are serving anything other what they say they are serving? Any NNJ Deli that says it is TH and they have a glass display case for their cold cuts and cheeses, they all have the Taylor product in it.
Because you already admitted in this thread multiple times, that you and most people in NNJ, that you use the term “Taylor Ham” for the ever ubiquitous industry standard term of pork roll interchangeably.

I know because I was enlightened by an authority, man who sells the machinery to the pork roll producing world, that most delis diners etc… ( his words were actually all but I know that can’t be correct) do not use Taylor as a name brand.

Reactions: WasatRutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT