ADVERTISEMENT

OT: May 23 Is National Pork Roll Day (Not National Taylor Ham Day)

ASSEMBLY, No. 3667

STATE OF NEW JERSEY
217th LEGISLATURE
INTRODUCED APRIL 14, 2016
Sponsored by:
Assemblyman TIM EUSTACE
District 38 (Bergen and Passaic)

SYNOPSIS
Designates Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese as New JerseyState Sandwich

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ASSEMBLY, No. 3667

STATE OF NEW JERSEY
217th LEGISLATURE
Sponsored by:
Assemblyman TIM EUSTACE

SYNOPSIS
did it pass?

did it pass?
😁😆☺️😇

3jb137uss12b1.jpg

ASSEMBLY, No. 3667

STATE OF NEW JERSEY
217th LEGISLATURE
Sponsored by:
Assemblyman TIM EUSTACE

SYNOPSIS
Obviously North Jerseyans reliving the great old 1800s. Now let’s see what they say about Hot Grill vs Rutt’s Hut.

Obviously North Jerseyans reliving the great old 1800s. Now let’s see what they say about Hot Grill vs Rutt’s Hut.
Rutt's is the most overrated hot dog place I ever went to. Plus the staff is extremely rude. I just don't get the love for this place.

For North Jersey, Hiram's much better. Their staff is still rude but most hot dog places are. I still prefer Galloping Hill Inn (grilled) over the deep fried dogs anyway. Plus their buns are so much better. Most of these places in NNJ just use regular buns.

Even though a few of your fellow SNJ buddies feel that our delis are lying to us and just place the Taylor in the display only to fool us- that is not true in most delis. The funny thing is that the guys trying to convince of this are actually admitting it is the better product.
So, just like a deli that says “boars head” and displays boars head- that is what they are serving.
I actually don’t want any other pork roll.

Question for you all- if I’m down your way and ask for TH/E/C - will they just serve me any damn pork roll they have or will they actually say “we don’t carry Taylor but we carry xxxx, is that ok?”
Or they just serve you all any crap they may have? And you are all happy with it?

Another devastating day for the "Taylor Ham" crowd. Even distilleries don't believe Taylor Ham does exist!

Reactions: RutHut
Another devastating day for the "Taylor Ham" crowd. Even distilleries don't believe Taylor Ham does exist!
Just on the menus of gourmet breakfast establishments .
Taylor Ham is what people order when they want the best , being government approved doesn't enter into the equation . 😁

Just on the menus of gourmet breakfast establishments .
Taylor Ham is what people order when they want the best , being government approved doesn't enter into the equation . 😁
Taylor Ham is what they order but that isn't always what they get. Smart people if the want Taylor Pork Roll ask for Taylor Pork Roll. Actually if a deli buys Taylor they are are getting Trenton Pork Roll, the commercial brand of Taylor

Taylor Ham is what they order but that isn't always what they get. Smart people if the want Taylor Pork Roll ask for Taylor Pork Roll. Actually if a deli buys Taylor they are are getting Trenton Pork Roll, the commercial brand of Taylor
There's a difference Trenton Pork Roll is milder version of Taylor (Ham) Pork Roll, and cost less
but back to "Taylor Ham"
From The Taylor Provisions Company
Quintessential New Jerseyana, Taylor Pork Roll and Taylor Ham are recognized icons of the pork industry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT