never saw The Godfather 2 and 3
The Usual suspects
Gangs of New York
Heat
Serpico
Never watched Saving Private Ryan start to finish
Never watched Fight Club start to finish
Top Gun

I can’t stay awake long enough to get thru “The Deer Hunter” as I have never seen the whole thing.

Doesn’t matter the time of day when it comes on but at some point…🥱😴💤

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Never saw:
Any Harry Potter Movie
Any Fast & Furious
Dumb and Dumber
The Big Lebowski
Any Mission Impossible Movie
A League of Their Own
Pulp Fiction
Any Terminator Movie
The Usual Suspects
The Graduate
Easy Rider
It Happened One Night

But I know @CranfordKnight. LOL

Had no idea he hadn’t seen GFII.
I saw GF1 so long ago I want to rewatch before GF2. Maybe I'll challenge myself to get it done before our next tailgate. Seems daunting with both 3+ hours. Probably need to treat it like a miniseries and break it down to smaller segments. Need someone to break it down like The Irishman.

I saw GF1 so long ago I want to rewatch before GF2. Maybe I'll challenge myself to get it done before our next tailgate. Seems daunting with both 3+ hours. Probably need to treat it like a miniseries and break it down to smaller segments. Need someone to break it down like The Irishman.

Haven’t seen that.

And that’s not a bad idea to treat it like a miniseries.

Reactions: biker7766
Schindler's List- I should. but man I'm not sure I want to feel depressed for an entire movie. I enjoy feel good movies & this just doesn't seem to fit my MO.

Ready for this?
I have never seen Casablanca
Don't fell bad neither have I. Actually the only black and white shows or movies I've ever watched in my lifetime are

The Little Rascals
The Honeymooners
Abbot and Costello
Three Stooges
Laurel and Hardy
The Munster's
Babes in Toyland.

Don't fell bad neither have I. Actually the only black and white shows or movies I've ever watched in my lifetime are

The Little Rascals
The Honeymooners
Abbot and Costello
Three Stooges
Laurel and Hardy
The Munster's
Babes in Toyland.
How about the Bowery Boys & Amos and Andy. Those and The Little Rascals would not go over very well now.

How about the Bowery Boys & Amos and Andy. Those and The Little Rascals would not go over very well now.
Nope not those two but have seen snippets of Amos and Andy. These are the ones I used to watch with my Grandfather, those and Godzilla movies. He loved all these reruns.

The Little Rascals
The Honeymooners
Abbot and Costello
Three Stooges
Laurel and Hardy
The Munster's
Babes in Toyland.
I have noticed people that have a disdain for old movies.. especially in black and white. I think they are missing out, but to each his own.

An argument I heard against them is "overacting". This stems from the days when everyone in movies had stage training and would act for the camera as they would for the stage. Everything is bigger.. movements, facial reactions, spoken lines. I get that... but by the later 30s much of that began to disappear.

So I ask this.. for a period piece for 100 years more ago.. who is more likely to get the feeling correct, someone making a movie 50 years after the event who could talk to survivors of those events or someone today making the same movie? Both are possible to be done well, of course.

When I watch old movies I think of the set decorating, film locations, wardrobe.. it is all history.. if not of the period they portray then it is the history of the time the movie was made.

Of particular note, the 20s and the early 1930s had a lot of modern sensibilities in terms of sexual liberation in them. That was before the Hays Code of 1930 became more strictly enforced. In any case, I think there is entertainment to be had with old movies because all movies should ultimately be about people and relationships.. even war films.

Never saw:
Any Harry Potter Movie
Any Fast & Furious
Dumb and Dumber
The Big Lebowski
Any Mission Impossible Movie
A League of Their Own
Pulp Fiction
Any Terminator Movie
The Usual Suspects
The Graduate
Easy Rider
It Happened One Night
I hope you fish... lol

I actually just watched for the first time the Godfather 1&2 and Coda a month ago.
While I have seen both many times- about a month ago, I watched both back to back- I posted in this thread. Many people say number 2 was better than 1. Watching both back to back- there was never anything better than the first 10 minutes of number 1. Both oscar and legend worthy but I think one was still better than two.

Agree 100%. That movie is an all-time classic with Angela Lansbury (Murder She Wrote) is amazing.
try as they might to remake an old classic like this.. they mostly fail.. even with Academy Award Winners.. yes, Denzel's version was good.. but damn the original is on another level.

There's a block of similar political thriller movies from that timeframe that are simply great. Perhaps the realities of the Cold War and fresh memory of a world war just made everyone involved better.. actors, writers, director, etc.

Other classics to check out along these lines:

-Fail Safe (Dr. Strangelove followed this as a spoof and is great in its own right)
-The Best Man (1964.. not the recent ones about something else)
-Seven Days in May
-Advise and Consent
-A Face in the Crowd (and the earlier All the King's Men which this seems to have followed)

A bunch of seventies movies qualify also...
-3 Days of the Condor (there's a good modern series on this streaming somewhere)
-All the President's Men
-The Candidate
hmm.. all three of those feature Robert Redford.. hmm

Last edited:
Reactions: rutger80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT