ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/8-9/9 Fri-Sat

Illinois defense finally waking up and likely going to get its offense the ball in good position.

First punt of the season for Kansas

Nice catch and good job to get out of the shadow of the endzone. Can flip the field at least.

What a back breaker, 3rd and 5 converted for 25 out of their own endzone and then ends up being a 94yd drive for a TD. 21-0 Kansas

Reactions: Knight Shift
I think good time out by Kansas to regroup. Illinois tempo seems to have gotten them into some rhythm.

Part of why I like tempo offense. Less thinking more acting and defense has a hard time getting settled if you find that rhythm. 21-7 Kansas

Reactions: RU Husky
What an answer by Kansas to score with only 41 secs left in the half. 4 plays 74yds. Ripped away all the momentum Illinois had. 28-7 Kansas

This last Kansas TD to go up 28-7 with 5 seconds left in the half... a Kansas player grabbed, twisted and threw down a defender right where teh ball went.. no call. Very visible. Illinois D looks like crap... well, their pass coverage.

I wanna see Prime v. Leipold now.
Actually , if both programs play as well as I think they are
the Kansas - KSU rivalry game at the end of year should be a great one.
I really like Klieman the KSU HC.
Kansas and KSU made great choices when they hired their HCs

Arkansas fans probably are enjoying this Kansas -Illinois game 😀

• Haha
Five B1G teams who are not as good as the media portray:

Illinois- one year wonder
Purdue- a below-average team that got by with a good coach. Not anymore!
Michigan State-I told you "Slick" Tucker can't coach
Indiana- gets the benefit of the doubt because of Rutgers. Ignorant B1G media
Northwestern- the fact the media thought they were better than Rutgers, and some still think this.

Five B1G teams who are not as good as the media portray:

Illinois- one year wonder
Purdue- a below-average team that got by with a good coach. Not anymore!
Michigan State-I told you "Slick" Tucker can't coach
Indiana- gets the benefit of the doubt because of Rutgers. Ignorant B1G media
Northwestern- the fact the media thought they were better than Rutgers, and some still think this.
What are your thoughts on Leipold? Would he have succeeded at Rutgers?

Actually , if both programs play as well as I think they are
the Kansas - KSU rivalry game at the end of year should be a great one.
I really like Klieman the KSU HC.
Kansas and KSU made great choices when they hired their HCs

Arkansas fans probably are enjoying this Kansas -Illinois game 😀
ADs don’t seem eager to hire from the lower levels but there’s something to be said when you can win at lower programs all along the way

I always says it’s a coach’s job to find a way to make it work. Don’t complain about the limitations of the job, find a way. Well when you coach at lower levels you have no choice but to find a way to do it with less.

Leipold, Klieman, Kelly, Clawson, DeBoer all won at lower levels and some kept climbing up the ladder rung by rung while winning at each stop. It’s not a bad pool to choose from when you have that track record. Probably even less risky than other alternative career paths.

What are your thoughts on Leipold? Would he have succeeded at Rutgers?
The man can coach, but the problem starts with the people of NJ. Leipold would face similar issues to Ash even though he likely wouldn't trash NJ. I'm sure plenty of NJ HS coaches would resist him since he's an outsider. Those same coaches would say he's not recruiting enough local kids when it's the local HS coaches are pushing them to other Power 5 schools.

The man can coach, but the problem starts with the people of NJ. Leipold would face similar issues to Ash even though he likely wouldn't trash NJ. I'm sure plenty of NJ HS coaches would resist him since he's an outsider. Those same coaches would say he's not recruiting enough local kids when it's the local HS coaches are pushing them to other Power 5 schools.
Recruit elsewhere then. If he can recruit solid contributing recruits to Kansas, he can recruit them to anywhere. Portal is there too to use and help supplement.

If any coach does well eventually others will jump on board.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Oh man what a run for the TD. Slight bit of life but took a big hit on the 2pt conversion.

I don’t think that’s a flag worthy play. Looked clean to me, hard hit but clean.

I don’t agree with that call. I think he turned his head enough and was a little bit of the side of the helmet and the shoulder. I don’t think he was defenseless either, he just got rid of the ball.

What are your thoughts on Vogelbach? 🤣

Don’t look now here come the Fighting Berts on the comeback trail!
INT with touchback.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Reactions: TonyLieske
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT