ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.35M per day equates to around 9.5M/week and should result in approx. 255K/week for NJ based on our population share. According to reports, NJ is only getting about half of that - i.e. 130K/week, see attached article. Anyone know why it appears that we are being short changed?

COVID-19 vaccination megasite closing this weekend for lack of doses - nj.com
Remember the current vaccines are 2 shots. So 9,5m a week is just shots given. Not complete vaccinations. At this rate it will take 44 weeks just to get 200 million complete. That is the first week of December. J&J will get us 300m

Just not true.
I'm working in Pediatrics and writing the papers on this stuff and while most do fine, they transmit it ( and feel guilty for doing so), they can get very sick acutely ( unusual, but with large numbers it is a lot of kids), and they can get a delayed inflammatory illness, also rare percentage wise, but not in terms of numbers.

And we have no idea about long term impacts of this illness other than that they do occur.

So your comment would fall in the philosophical or political realm, not the scientific one.

We have no idea what the long term ramifications will be for the CV vaccines, especially with kids.

So, just not true., especially when the vast majority of kids do not become that sick.

Political?
Philosophical?
Heh?

Your comment would fall into a paranoid realm.

Stick to the science pal.

Last edited:
That’s fine, but I would never give it to my kids. They would have to force me to.

I would hope you guys that are parents would pause and really look at all the unknown long term ramifications these new CV vaccines can cause to a young and healthy child that will not get sick from CV.

It's not about being anti-vax, which I'm not, it's about common sense and doing what's best for your child.

Not what's best for your doctor or for Mrs Smith next door.

I would hope you guys that are parents would pause and really look at all the unknown long term ramifications these new CV vaccines can cause to a young and healthy child that will not get sick from CV.

It's not about being anti-vax, which I'm not, it's about common sense and doing what's best for your child.

Not what's best for your doctor or for Mrs Smith next door.
Did you vaccinate your kids for other viruses?

Reactions: Greg2020
We have no idea what the long term ramifications will be for the CV vaccines, especially with kids.

So, just not true., especially when the vast majority of kids do not become that sick.

Political?
Philosophical?
Heh?

Your comment would fall into a paranoid realm.

Stick to the science pal.
JnJ vaccine uses tried and true vaccine technology. It needs to be tested but very very high expectations for it to be safe.

Moderna and Pfizer is a newer technology but in use for a few vaccines and thus far they are safe.

Long term effects of covid much more likely to be bad than long term effect of vaccine.

And given your obnoxious response and insult, Bye Bye

Remember the current vaccines are 2 shots. So 9,5m a week is just shots given. Not complete vaccinations. At this rate it will take 44 weeks just to get 200 million complete. That is the first week of December. J&J will get us 300m

This should continue to increase. Both have said they will have 200 million by June so that means 200 million done by July or August. Then layer on JJ over the next few months.

That being said the current distribution of 10 million doses per week does not get to 200 million each by June. Hoping that run rate ramps even beyond the current expectation to have it go up 16%.

I would rely on what my pediatrician recommended. We used a pediatrician with children my daughters age so if he vaccinated his kids we surely would vaccinate ours.
What if your pediatrician were like Dr. Fauci and might tell you he vaccinated his kids... for your benefit.. for the world's benefit.. even if he had not? The disinformation on all sides has gotten to a point where I see video of the Pope getting the vaccine and think he is knowingly getting saline. And that's a little crazy so I think the only real choice is to trust... because you cannot "know" the right thing to do.

Haven’t seen one of these charts lately

EtEhx6NUUAE76AX.jpg

Reactions: Greg2020 and slyker
What if your pediatrician were like Dr. Fauci and might tell you he vaccinated his kids... for your benefit.. for the world's benefit.. even if he had not? The disinformation on all sides has gotten to a point where I see video of the Pope getting the vaccine and think he is knowingly getting saline. And that's a little crazy so I think the only real choice is to trust... because you cannot "know" the right thing to do.
Well we have choices to make and I selected doctors I am willing to trust. When I was not happy with any of them I left them.

We can't believe the PCR tests either. Not accurate.

Plus they recently changed the way they count tests to make it harder to be classified as positive
That doesn't account for near zero infections.

People are allowed in. At least tennis players for the Open there.

Reactions: GSGS
I received my second Pfizer shot a week ago. Side effects were mild and short lived. A little body ache, fatigue and a headache. I received both shots on a Saturday so I had Sunday to recover. By Monday I was fine. I do suggest a day off the day after getting a shot, I could have worked but was glad I didn't have to.
The reality is that getting vaccinations are a great step in getting back to normal but in terms of precaution, nothing really changes. Masks, social distancing, hand washing are still needed. Since the numbers of infections are so high all around the country, even a 5 % change of getting the virus is not acceptable. When the numbers come down then the activities we would like to return to, Gym, indoor dining, sporting events, movies, ect ,I believe can be done safely but not now even with the vaccine. I do believe if there are other people who are likewise protected, then meeting indoors without a mask is ok.
I am a Podiatrist and see patients who have recovered from Covid that still have persistent burning in their feet, fatigue and difficulty in functioning. We do not want to get Covid-19.

Last edited:
So my mother was able to get her first shot today of the Moderna vaccine. She lives in Mercer county. Apparently once you register for the vaccine you get a email with a link in it. Well she kept trying the link and no available appointments came up. Last night she tried at around 10pm and was able to get a appointment for today at Capital Health in Hopewell. Her fried was able to get one too on Friday. You have to keep trying the link they sent you in the email and with a little luck you will do it at the right time and a appointment will be available. Hope this helps some people out.

Nearly 96k died of Covid in the month of January. Think about that. More then everyone that was killed in the Korean War and Vietnam War combined. And it only took 31 days.

Nearly 96k died of Covid in the month of January. Think about that. More then everyone that was killed in the Korean War and Vietnam War combined. And it only took 31 days.
I never quite understood the point of these types of comparisons.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Never said it wasn’t a tragedy. Comparing the number of deaths to dissimilar unconnected events doesn’t make any sense to me.
Do you realize in American History there has never been a single cause that 96k people have died in a single month? Pick something , anything. Nothing is close.

Any comparison to South Korea is irrelevant as the privacy invasions used in SK to control the spread would never be tolerated here.
Not for me. 4 trillion dollars of debt, bankrupt businesses and lots of death and sickness versus some intrusion on your privacy for a period of time. People really need to get their priorities straight.

Reactions: GSGS
Not for me. 4 trillion dollars of debt, bankrupt businesses and lots of death and sickness versus some intrusion on your privacy for a period of time. People really need to get their priorities straight.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

Reactions: bac2therac
Never said it wasn’t a tragedy. Comparing the number of deaths to dissimilar unconnected events doesn’t make any sense to me.
Why isn't it being compared to the 1918 flu? Then, 675,000 Americans died and life expectancy dropped by 12 years. And that was with a much much smaller population of 103 million.

Reactions: slyker
Why isn't it being compared to the 1918 flu? Then, 675,000 Americans died and life expectancy dropped by 12 years. And that was with a much much smaller population of 103 million.
Also the opposite of social distancing happening with a world war doing the opposite, so.

Smaller population also means social distancing was a normal way of life except in a few giants cities. It also went on for years. We haven't hit a year yet.

I'm very well aware of that, but the 130k that NJ cites a week are not "complete vaccinations" but rather the total # of doses they are getting from the Feds.

also medicine sucked back then as did technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT