ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to 2865 covid+ in the hospitals. 11th drop in 12 days. The health commissioner's prognostications could not have been more wrong.

Ten months later still no plan for how things get reopened. Just whenever Murphy feels it's right. No challenges from the legislature. Insanity.

The New Jersey epidemiologists had made predictions based upon two different models - one showed a peak in infections and hospitalizations approximately three weeks into January and the second model showed a peak during the first week of February. Looks like the first model, thankfully, is the more accurate one. Let's hope the new variants (the one from the UK has already shown some community spread in NJ) do not derail the progress made. With nearly 800,000 people vaccinated and the J&J vaccine due to come on line by early March, there is definitely reason to be optimistic.

Reactions: Greg2020
Down to 2865 covid+ in the hospitals. 11th drop in 12 days. The health commissioner's prognostications could not have been more wrong.

Ten months later still no plan for how things get reopened. Just whenever Murphy feels it's right. No challenges from the legislature. Insanity.
We will be able to go to a hockey game (HS or the Devils) when he wants to.

Hopefully that’s soon for HS.

Our medicine sucked too for 10 months of this. And you can say it still sucks for 99% of Americans who aren't fully vaccinated.
better than back then. They didn't have ventilators, surgery couldn't be done, none of the equipment or technology of today. I am sure if we had the facilities and technology of 1918 today, many more would have died of covid than have.

Reactions: Kbee3

Pretty sure you are the one who kept saying in the summer how it was over and now that under 1,000 people were in the hospital everything is in the clear again. Also what is closed??

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Vaccine working in Israel...

EtLrX1xVkAIe9-W

What is behind Australia success? I don't believe the Asia numbers because of China.
I think "success" is just a different way of counting. Yes.. I mean politics... but won't actually make a statement in that regard.. just focus on how things get counted.

Get the vaccine ASAP! Good news on the supply front:

That is great. Depending on when those 200MM doses are delivered, the supply of Pfizer vaccine, combined with the Moderna and J&J vaccines, may allow us to hit the target of everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by June.

That is great. Depending on when those 200MM doses are delivered, the supply of Pfizer vaccine, combined with the Moderna and J&J vaccines, may allow us to hit the target of everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by June.
Easily by June. I bet appointments will be open to everyone by end of this month. Even now, most sites are being lax with the state's stupid categories. Most HC professionals understand that the bottom line # is the ballgame. Get as many people as quickly as possible vaccinated.

Just heard on TV that the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) announced that 401 police officers have died of COVID since the pandemic started. I can't break it down further than that since that's the only info that was announced.

It was announced on CNBC, caught my attention too late. I'm not sure if it was a local FOP or national FOP numbers. I thought the same as you when I saw the "like" clicked. But I'm pretty sure that he wasn't referring to the deaths, just a thanks for posting, just my interpretation.

It was announced on CNBC, caught my attention too late. I'm not sure if it was a local FOP or national FOP numbers. I thought the same as you when I saw the "like" clicked. But I'm pretty sure that he wasn't referring to the deaths, just a thanks for posting, just my interpretation.

I'd hope so.

400 police out of how many nationally.
Sounds alarming, but when we see the data and cause of death it may not be as dire.

Doesn't the data you posted, despite the claim that it is "bad news from Israel" really just confirm what Armin posted: the vaccines are providing protection for the elderly vaccinated population while the virus is increasing in younger unvaccinated populations

Why would serious cases be spiking like that

so how many lives lost because we didnt recommend double masking from the start, how many because Fauci said masks were worthless at the beginning....I imagine we can save many more lives if we were 3 masks...at the end of the day the virus follows the same trajectory in almost every country or state whether there are mask mandates, lockdowns or now

Reactions: Postman_1
so how many lives lost because we didnt recommend double masking from the start, how many because Fauci said masks were worthless at the beginning....I imagine we can save many more lives if we were 3 masks...at the end of the day the virus follows the same trajectory in almost every country or state whether there are mask mandates, lockdowns or now
You keep pointing to information/recommendations that were dispersed when this all began. Science is not absolute. If we knew everything then that we know now, thousands of lives would have been saved. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that knowledge about a totally new entity evolves? You might as well go back and rant on the medical community that didn't recommend gloves a hundred years ago.

You keep pointing to information/recommendations that were dispersed when this all began. Science is not absolute. If we knew everything then that we know now, thousands of lives would have been saved. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that knowledge about a totally new entity evolves? You might as well go back and rant on the medical community that didn't recommend gloves a hundred years ago.

all true, yet that is not the reason why they are starting to talk double or triple masks, its more like the fact is masks are not stopping spread and never really did, they need as many explanation as to why cases went up almost everywhere, there is always an answer from the experts who actually are not using science

its hard enough to find legit data on wearing masks, care to point to the data on wearing two or three or four

Still incredibly false. Stop lying.

all true, yet that is not the reason why they are starting to talk double or triple masks, its more like the fact is masks are not stopping spread and never really did, they need as many explanation as to why cases went up almost everywhere, there is always an answer from the experts who actually are not using science

its hard enough to find legit data on wearing masks, care to point to the data on wearing two or three or four

Also falsified bullshit.

Fabric = better than no fabric, more fabric = better than less fabric. I have no plans to wear two masks unless required by specific entities, but it's not complex.

Makes no sense. You offered nothing to debate. The statement that trajectories are basically the same in every country is so wrong it's indisputable. Make up your own facts, expect to be dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT