ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that you are going to live longer by not eating certain foods is another overdone topic. Though this thinking eating only healthy foods will allow you to live many long years is comforting the reality is it’s not a given. We will all eventually die. I like an occasional hotdog with mustard , relish and kraut, a good salami or pepperoni and provolone cheese sub, a steak on the grill , a burger with fries, fried chicken and Mac n cheese .Bacon n eggs and certainly grilled cheese and tomato soup. I am going on 71 ( soon) and actually in pretty good shape both verified by my latest physical and full work up. I have always followed this advice from my late father. Eat good and in moderation. Don’t deprive yourself if you like something .Don’t overindulge in alcohol. Drink to enjoy and not to see if you can drink your problems away. Don’t smoke ” it will kill you”. And keep moving and that was long before medicine promoted this for health. Those who tell others how they should eat ONLY what they suspect to be healthy may mean well but just from reading this board for years very few actually follow all the “ healthy “ rules and advice.
With that diet no need to fear the shot!

So you will eat that crap, but are afraid of the vaccine?

😂😂😂
Afraid of the vaccine? I got the first dose yesterday. No reaction... I have gotten vaccinated throughout my life. If you can show me “ my post” in which I fear the vaccine covid19 I would love to see it . You know why you won’t? Because I’m not not anti vax nor in fear.

Judy thinks that cases and hospitalizations will creep back up because of variants. I bet she's wrong again.

Well cases have already started to creep back up, hopefully this is just a tiny super bowl spike and we don’t continue to see things increase.

With that diet no need to fear the shot!
You must be under age 35 ? I am in better shape then some 15-20 years younger. Here’s a good one : when at the vaccination site yesterday the young Army Spec 4 while looking at my ID says excuse me sir but you sure don’t look your age. He goes on and says I hope when I’m 70 I’m solid like you with no grey hair. Eat your heart out tix: go eat a cheeseburger and fries with chocolate shake.

Judy thinks that cases and hospitalizations will creep back up because of variants. I bet she's wrong again.
So we then must find out who is not following the science” of masks, distancing and hand washing. I can venture a fairly good guess of what parts of the state are having the initial rise in the UK variant. All you need to do is check no.com .

Well cases have already started to creep back up, hopefully this is just a tiny super bowl spike and we don’t continue to see things increase.
The 7dma has been bounded between 3k and 4k for the last 25 straight days. Currently just under 3300. We were sub 3k yesterday and today. I don't think this suggests creeping back up. To me we've just plateaued.

The 7dma has been bounded between 3k and 4k for the last 25 straight days. Currently just under 3300. We were sub 3k yesterday and today. I don't think this suggests creeping back up. To me we've just plateaued.
Too many hoping for bad news. Remember the variants are not related to Covid 19 . Entirely different but same. Sounds like a line from the Karate Kid. Just wear a mask and be smart . If you are willing and able to get the vaccine and if we ever want to lead a normal existence then just doing the obvious is reason enough.

You must be under age 35 ? I am in better shape then some 15-20 years younger. Here’s a good one : when at the vaccination site yesterday the young Army Spec 4 while looking at my ID says excuse me sir but you sure don’t look your age. He goes on and says I hope when I’m 70 I’m solid like you with no grey hair. Eat your heart out tix: go eat a cheeseburger and fries with chocolate shake.
It was that Irvington water you grew up on.

Hello everyone!

I got my 1st shot today, it was a fast and easy. They really got it down to a T. It happen at 1pm, so no side effects yet. I will report again tomorrow. I signed up with the main state site and got an appointment with them.

In your eyes, care to point out exactly what is so clueless?

You criticize vaccines for long term health risks despite hardly any proof of such, but then dismiss how diet impacts your health despite miles of proven research.

Sorry, it hilarious to see and highly contradictory.

It was that Irvington water you grew up on.
Lol... to be honest as some from Newark -Irvington would tell you the water system at the time was actually excellent. I have even had some comment that Essex County water led to male virility in later life😊👍🏻🪓

Reactions: King of S
Think it's going to be a close call. Luckily the more transmissible UK/SA variants hit here later than in Europe, plus we're ahead of almost every country except Israel in vaccines, so those two variables are in our favor and would tend to reduce transmissions. I would guess we'll see a plateau and maybe a small rise, but I think these two variables being in our favor will prevent what was seen in much of Europe. We'll see.

I was thinking recently that I survived that skanky Harrah's Pool, so I'm sure I'd be fine w/the vaccine.. hahahaha ..but no thanks!
Is there some piece of information that would convince you to get the vaccine or is there some specific fear you have of the vaccine that is keeping you from getting vaccinated? If so, I would do my best to try to convince you to trust that the vaccines are extraordinarily safe and that the risk benefit is hugely in your favor.

Specifically, the chances of any serious vaccine side effects are <1 in 1MM (and no actual serious side effects have been seen yet, except for anaphylaxis in highly allergic people - the risk then is maybe 2-3 in 1MM), which is extremely low, and the benefit for vaccination is avoiding the ~1000 in 1MM chance of dying from catching COVID if you're 40-49 (think that's your age range) or even the 3000-4000 in 1MM chance of being hospitalized by COVID.

I just want to see people avoid a potentially deadly/debilitating disease. FYI, the numbers are about 14K deaths in that age group, so far which is 40MM total, of which about 35% are estimated to have been infected (14MM) so far (and of those 14MM infected, about 3MM have had positive COVID PCR tests).

Reactions: Jm0513
Is there some piece of information that would convince you to get the vaccine or is there some specific fear you have of the vaccine that is keeping you from getting vaccinated? If so, I would do my best to try to convince you to trust that the vaccines are extraordinarily safe and that the risk benefit is hugely in your favor.

Specifically, the chances of any serious vaccine side effects are <1 in 1MM (and no actual serious side effects have been seen yet, except for anaphylaxis in highly allergic people - the risk then is maybe 2-3 in 1MM), which is extremely low, and the benefit for vaccination is avoiding the ~1000 in 1MM chance of dying from catching COVID if you're 40-49 (think that's your age range) or even the 3000-4000 in 1MM chance of being hospitalized by COVID.

I just want to see people avoid a potentially deadly/debilitating disease. FYI, the numbers are about 14K deaths in that age group, so far which is 40MM total, of which about 35% are estimated to have been infected (14MM) so far (and of those 14MM infected, about 3MM have had positive COVID PCR tests).
I still have antibodies from December!

Besides registering with the state and waiting for that email, my parents, myself and my sibs have been registering and trying as often as possible to find them available openings at every site in his county that are listed in the registration email to make appointments.

Reactions: Jm0513
1st off, vaccinated BEFORE they got their wives pregnant, what would getting vaccinated after they got their wives pregnant prove as far as possible birth defects? geez. I assume your question about processed foods was you just being a smart ass, not deserving of an answer. Maybe birth defects are from the hundreds of above ground nuclear tests our government was still doing in the late 40's,50's and 60's, 3 Mile Island ,Chernobyl and the Fukushima disaster poisonings the worlds food supply? I'd say processed foods takes a back seat- way back to that $hit. Yea, I LOVE my processed foods, and go for that extra burnt beef coming of my grill. Oh, I love the bacon coated in caramelized brown sugar on my burgers to boot. But here I am, soon to be 66 with no health issues other than a bum knee from HS football. So with that said, I'm not trading my health away with any of these vaccines rushed to market, sorry.PS. That is my personnel right and decision, and no one browbeating me is gonna change that.

This makes you sound incredibly dumb. More so than ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT