ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

The Cure has new songs out but only in shows at the moment (album on the way)

One is called "And Nothing is Forever"
I saw it at MSG this week and it hits the band hard sometimes since they've had some deaths the past months.
The audience turned their phones lights on and place looked like it was lit with candles
Gallup raised his guitar to the sky and Smith choked-up a bit.
He thanked the audience and said "that was nice."

Tuesday version song - no lights but they are in gif

I do have a gif from this week

AHK2XEg.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
This is fire...this rock album of covers by Dolly will not be out til November but I bet it becomes one of her biggest sellers ever. Will have 30 songs..

Dolly Parton's Rock Star Track List:

1. "Rockstar" (special guest Richie Sambora)
2. "World on Fire"
3. "Every Breath You Take" (feat. Sting)
4. "Open Arms" (feat. Steve Perry)
5. "Magic Man" (feat. Ann Wilson with special guest Howard Leese)
6. "Long as I Can See the Light" (feat. John Fogerty)
7. "Either Or" (feat. Kid Rock)
8. "I Want You Back" (feat. Steven Tyler with special guest Warren Haynes)
9. "What Has Rock And Roll Ever Done For You" (feat. Stevie Nicks with special guest Waddy Wachtel)
10. "Purple Rain"
11. "Baby, I Love Your Way" (feat. Peter Frampton)
12. "I Hate Myself for Loving You" (feat. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts)
13. "Night Moves" (feat. Chris Stapleton)
14. "Wrecking Ball" (feat. Miley Cyrus)
15. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (feat. P!nk and Brandi Carlile)
16. "Keep On Loving You" (feat. Kevin Cronin)
17. "Heart of Glass" (feat. Debbie Harry)
18. "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" (feat. Elton John)
19. "Tried to Rock and Roll Me" (feat. Melissa Etheridge)
20. "Stairway to Heaven" (feat. Lizzo and Sasha Flute)
21. "We Are the Champions"
22. "Bygones" (feat. Rob Halford with special guests Nikki Sixx & John 5)
23. "My Blue Tears" (feat. Simon Le Bon)
24. "What's Up" (feat. Linda Perry)
25. "You're No Good" (feat. Emmylou Harris & Sheryl Crow)
26. "Heartbreaker" (feat. Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo)
27. "Bittersweet" (feat. Michael McDonald)
28. "I Dreamed About Elvis" (feat. Ronnie McDowell with special guests The Jordanaires)
29. "Let it Be" (feat. Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr with special guests Peter Frampton & Mick Fleetwood)
30. "Free Bird" (feat. Ronnie Van Zant with special guests Gary Rossington, Artimus Pyle and the Artimus Pyle Band)

Read More: Dolly Parton's 'Rock Star' Album Track List Is Who's Who of Rock | https://tasteofcountry.com/dolly-pa...-list/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

If country rock/Americana is your vibe, Jason Isbell's new album Weathervanes is out and is excellent. So many great songs, A few have been out for a couple of months- Death Wish and Middle of the Morning. This, to me, is the standout on the album:

He used to be in the Drive-by Truckers....kicked out years back 'cause of a drinking problem.
Big fan of Truckers post-Isbell.

Last edited:
The Delta Bombers, which are new to me, billed as a rockabilly band. They are opening for Rev. Horton Heat at the Stone Pony on July 20, a great live band.

I’ve been listening to their new album “Darkfighter” and it’s really good. I think Rival Sons is one of the best hard rock bands of the last 10 years or so. I want to see them live . The singer Buchanan is one of the better vocalists on the scene today. Here is another song I like “Mirrors” live:
Speaking of Paul Rodgers (my comparison above to Rival Sons' singer), Paul Rodgers will release his first new solo work in over 25 years on Sep. 22. First single, Living it Up, which sounds like classic Bad Company:

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
I just started listening to this group Goose. I really like this song which is recorded live:

I’ve seen them a few times and they’re a good time. Another band along the same line that’s worth checking out is Spafford. I think in terms of jam bands, they do a good job at keeping songs pretty tight and concise without a whole lot of electronics. I believe they formed in AZ, but their guitarist is from here in NJ.

How come chicks are obsessed with vampires. @Jm0513 can you explain?
brad pitt vampire GIF
Perhaps the thought of being immortal? The milky white skin, the fangs..
Not sure 🤷‍♀️
———————————————————————
I’ve been listening to the artist Noah Kahan.(folk/pop??)

He sang this song with Wesley from the Lumineers.
His music is new.. this song is not.
However, Vampire is in the title, so I circled back to the original question.. haha

Have a lovely Saturday guys!

i forget to check in with you @Knight Shift, did you go
No. I wanted to, but with a lot going on at work (worked until 8 p.m.), and really wanting to see Metric and Garbage the most, and seeing that Wonderwall is not on the setlists (the only songs I remember that they played according to setlistfm are Live Forever and Don't Look Back in Anger), we sold our tix at a $75 loss. After looking at the Metric and Garbage setlists, kind of glad I passed.

Did you go?

Did you go to the Yacht Rock Review at Stone Pony a week or so ago?

Garbage was awesome. Both they and Noel played 70 minute sets. Tough to follow up Shirley when you are playing new songs and lesser known Oasis songs

Mann Center is great venue. Smaller and way cleaner and less obnoxious than awful PNC Arts Center. Honestly i think its a jersey trash thing...immediately noticed the difference

Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT