ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

I like the song and he seems genuine. I don't really care much if his lyrics are somewhat "conservative" - artists are supposed to write about what moves them.
If he is being forthright, he had problems with alcoholism and unemployment. Who knows if he is being true, or just trying to cash in on a "movement." We've been duped before. Interesting phenomenon, however, how a guy who prior to last week only posted videos he made using a mobile phone now has 30 million views for that song posted last week.

Reactions: RW90
If he is being forthright, he had problems with alcoholism and unemployment. Who knows if he is being true, or just trying to cash in on a "movement." We've been duped before. Interesting phenomenon, however, how a guy who prior to last week only posted videos he made using a mobile phone now has 30 million views for that song posted last week.

He has turned down big money already but why should he turn any money down. Im sure some ahole Salon writer is going to try to dig up dirt to smear him

Reactions: Knight Shift
While I like the song, it's not that good, IMO - clearly the meteoric success of the song wouldn't have happened without the right wing social media machine, but that's the world we live in now.

While I like the song, it's not that good, IMO - clearly the meteoric success of the song wouldn't have happened without the right wing social media machine, but that's the world we live in now.
IDK about that. He recorded an intro video prior to the release of the first video and before any virality (not a word) ensued.

He was just invited to play at the Blue Ridge Rock Festival, which includes Slipknot, Pantera, Limp Bizkit, Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown, Megadeth and other hard rock/metal bands. He has also disavowed an allegiance or connection to party or movement.

IDK about that. He recorded an intro video prior to the release of the first video and before any virality (not a word) ensued.

He was just invited to play at the Blue Ridge Rock Festival, which includes Slipknot, Pantera, Limp Bizkit, Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown, Megadeth and other hard rock/metal bands. He has also disavowed an allegiance or connection to party or movement.

Do a Google search - you'll be astounded at the number of conservative voices (including Joe Rogan) anointing this guy (and liberal voices criticizing him or at least explaining him) - I've been reading about this guy for over a week from my right wing friends on social media. Maybe he has metal chops...

Lol

The song was getting views well before the so called right wing machine whatever that is

I wonder why it resonated in other countries too

I don't like country and this new song doesn't change that.
It seems hearfelt but its still depressing hee-haw.
I cant believe he reportedly turned down 8 million offer from a label
Said something about not wanting become corrupted etc.
Well if people he knows are suffering so much he could have made some massive donations.

Latest single. Media turning over stones to call this guy out as this or that or fake. He could be, but he seems genuine.
I thought his new single was just "meh". Having gone down a rabbit hole of his other recordings, I also liked "Virginia" as his second best tune.

In an ironic way I find it funny how everyone gets all tribal about him in what he calls this "New World". Yet, as you mentioned, he himself claims to be middle of the road, railing against the ruling class while not explicitly picking sides.

One thing is undeniable however is his deep faith, making the point of starting one of his shows with a Bible reading. I'm sure that also adds more fuel to the tribal flames.

Do a Google search - you'll be astounded at the number of conservative voices (including Joe Rogan) anointing this guy (and liberal voices criticizing him or at least explaining him) - I've been reading about this guy for over a week from my right wing friends on social media. Maybe he has metal chops...

Captain obvious

Everything has literally happened in 2 weeks

Sarah Geronimo sings a new mellow ballad. Not used to hearing Sarah sing a song like this. She is known as Asia’s Pop Princess and usually sings more upbeat songs. This song was written by KZ Tandigan for Sarah.

Ian Sweet --Very Catch song, but...................................."If you kiss me like you mean it, kiss me like you're leaving, your spit tastes different. . . ."

Sick Vomit GIF by Crank Yankers

Paulo Nutini - Scottish - big in UK - accent so thick when he talks that he's hard to get - sings clear though.
He was getting very big and then took eight years off - came back within a year or so with new album. Plays , sings, writes.

Reactions: Jm0513
I always liked this band, Los Lonely Boys. The Garza brothers from San Angelo, Texas. They hit some tough times and shut down for a while and are back out playing live, with a new timely tune:

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83

Long time since we've had a new release from them
Good to hear from them, they cancelled their tour from last year and I didn’t hear much. I thought that maybe that was it. Turns out they were exhausted from touring hard for several years. The good news is they used the time to put a new album together, will be released in Oct. The song here is not new, they used to play this live. They changed the arrangements around on this version.

Don’t know if this was posted earlier but love The NJ band, The Bleachers.

The singer - Jack Antonoff - is also known as a great producer.
He worked on five Taylor Swift albums.
He also produced Lana Del Ray, Grimes and Lorde among others
As a kid Swift used to spend summers in Stone Harbor, New Jersey
She described it as a "pretty magical place to grow up"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT