ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2022-2023 Off Season Thread

Cry??? Jeeze my only post on here until you chimed in was to say to Mets fans enjoy having an owner who spends. Funny you are trying to deny you changed the post. What a low life. Dude I saw it! With some stupid picture you posted. I thought what the hell is he talking about. You've really lost it. And still rather dispute it and wreck the Mets thread 🙄
This, you saw this? I changed nothing fool.
That you never brought up the Yankees salaries in the past. I know its hard to remember, because you lieso much you forget what is real and what is made up. I would go with 99% as made up.
Cry me a river, I'm loving this.
Boo Hoo Cry Me A River GIF by Lyngby Boldklub
also, this statement from you wasn't meant to tweak Mets fans? Check out the time stamp, it was long before I posted anything on the Correa.
For those Mets fans that said the Yankees bought all their World Series wins you must realize today how stupid that saying is now!!

Agree. He can't help himself. My first post was complementary to the Mets fans about having a great owner. Somehow he turns it into an attack on Yankees fans. Strange bird.
He's a Mets fan, he could be talking directly to you, geez. You posted the 2nd part of that post,conveniently leaving out how it started, which I posted above. Reread that, and tell me that wasn't a back handed shot. No wonder you're a lonely guy during the holidays.

He's a Mets fan, he could be talking directly to you, geez. You posted the 2nd part of that post,conveniently leaving out how it started, which I posted above. Reread that, and tell me that wasn't a back handed shot. No wonder you're a lonely guy during the holidays.
Damn you have issues. Beyond being crazy stupid. You really can't stop yourself for fing up the Mets thread over and over because you are the only one that goes bat shit crazy over the most stupid things. Me lonely??? Wow you are really stupid. I have a jammed packed weekend with regular people who don't focus on stupid issues.

Try again dumb ass.

This is a stupid(as in great) off-season

So I say F it …….

Baty for Hendricks

Alex Ramirez
Ronny Mauricio
Matt Allan
Carrasco
McCann with cash

For Ohtani !!!!!!!!

Call me crazy but you would’ve called me crazy in November if I told you the Mets would sign all these players
No Baty for Hendricks. Baty going to be a star. Winning a World Series with home grown talent is very sweet !

One last time, I never deleted the picture did I, admit your wrong and you started the Correa posting with your backhanded comment. It's there very clear. Good night jealous loser Yankee fan.
Sure you didn't dumbass 🤣🤣🤣 There is a site edit in the post 6 mins later after the first post I saw. What a clown. Yes you did edit you first post. It actually says it in your post!! You are so stupid it's funny! And wasted a day arguing with Yankees fans when you should have been enjoying the day! Jealous?? You just signed a major player which I agreed you got a great owner but you are still Jealous about long term success. 27 all time 7 since divisional play. Both records

No Baty for Hendricks. Baty going to be a star. Winning a World Series with home grown talent is very sweet !
Funny you should mention homegrown talent. It is quite possible that of the 2023 26 man Opening Day roster, only FIVE players (Alonso, McNeil, Nimmo, Guillorme, Nido) will be homegrown. Another five (Peterson, Megill, Alvarez, Baty, Vientos) are maybes.

Compare that to the 2015 WS team, when so much of the roster was homegrown. Or, like Syndergaard and d'Arnaud, home-developed.

I guess it doesn't matter how you get it done as long as you do. But homegrown does seem to taste sweeter than store-bought.

Funny you should mention homegrown talent. It is quite possible that of the 2023 26 man Opening Day roster, only FIVE players (Alonso, McNeil, Nimmo, Guillorme, Nido) will be homegrown. Another five (Peterson, Megill, Alvarez, Baty, Vientos) are maybes.

Compare that to the 2015 WS team, when so much of the roster was homegrown. Or, like Syndergaard and d'Arnaud, home-developed.

I guess it doesn't matter how you get it done as long as you do. But homegrown does seem to taste sweeter than store-bought.
Agree- but when homegrown decides to leave(deGrom) it is finally nice to have an owner that will buy his replacement.

Sure you didn't dumbass 🤣🤣🤣 There is a site edit in the post 6 mins later after the first post I saw. What a clown. Yes you did edit you first post. It actually says it in your post!! You are so stupid it's funny! And wasted a day arguing with Yankees fans when you should have been enjoying the day! Jealous?? You just signed a major player which I agreed you got a great owner but you are still Jealous about long term success. 27 all time 7 since divisional play. Both records
This interaction rivals the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
The news gets better each and every day:: James MCCann traded to Orioles for player to be named later.
Whether or not that "player" ever gets named is a matter of debate.

Mets agree to pay $19MM of the remaining $24MM of McCann's contract. So essentially this was a straight cash deal - McCann for $5MM. Taking into account the luxury tax savings, that $5MM becomes $9.5MM. Not a bad trade for a guy whom they would have eventually DFA'd had they found no takers.

Reactions: cicero grimes
So McCann’s 12 is off the books which including tax would be around 23 million per year ???
You’re saving 11.5 million a year in taxes shaving his salary.

Including taxes McCann was a 46-47 million dollar hit . Mets pay Baltimore 19 million to take him off their payroll .

Am I right in assuming all additions and subtractions going forward will use this math until they are under the 290 million Cohen 95% tax threshold ??

Roster is getting crowded.With the Mets, Mendick should provide additional depth behind one of the most formidable infields in baseball, with Correa joining Pete Alonso, Jeff McNeil and Francisco Lindor. The club has two other veteran infielders on the roster in Eduardo Escobar and Luis Guillorme and may not be able to carry them all, so the Mendick signing could prompt them to pursue a trade of the more expensive Escobar. Doing so would allow them to shed a small chunk of salary, much as they did earlier Wednesday with the trade of McCann.

So McCann’s 12 is off the books which including tax would be around 23 million per year ???
You’re saving 11.5 million a year in taxes shaving his salary.

Including taxes McCann was a 46-47 million dollar hit . Mets pay Baltimore 19 million to take him off their payroll .

Am I right in assuming all additions and subtractions going forward will use this math until they are under the 290 million Cohen 95% tax threshold ??
I think only $2.5M per year, total of $5M, is off the books. The luxury tax reduction is based on that amount. But who knows.

Now all you Mets fans and Correa will find out 3rd base is not easy and that flat footed no momentum towards 1st long throw is a big adjustment.
He played third for the Puerto Rican national team with Lindor at short. He’ll be ok there

Roster is getting crowded.With the Mets, Mendick should provide additional depth behind one of the most formidable infields in baseball, with Correa joining Pete Alonso, Jeff McNeil and Francisco Lindor. The club has two other veteran infielders on the roster in Eduardo Escobar and Luis Guillorme and may not be able to carry them all, so the Mendick signing could prompt them to pursue a trade of the more expensive Escobar. Doing so would allow them to shed a small chunk of salary, much as they did earlier Wednesday with the trade of McCann.
I hope not. Escobar is really important to the second half of the lineup which lacks pop, and provides protection for McNeil while being an excellent defender. Those two were the only two mashing in the final weeks and playoffs while everyone else slumped. Move Eduardo to 2nd and McNeil to LF. Canha rotates in with everyone.

If anything, trade Guillorme.

Also Mendick is coming off of a torn ACL, so he'll miss the early part of the season anyway on DL.

I hope not. Escobar is really important to the second half of the lineup which lacks pop, and provides protection for McNeil while being an excellent defender. Those two were the only two mashing in the final weeks and playoffs while everyone else slumped. Move Eduardo to 2nd and McNeil to LF. Canha rotates in with everyone.

If anything, trade Guillorme.

Also Mendick is coming off of a torn ACL, so he'll miss the early part of the season anyway on DL.
Plenty of great points you just made. Spring is a ways off, who knows what shakes out, injuries,so much can happen.

I rather keep Guillorme because of his glove and he's under control by the Mets for another year or two. Plus Guillorme bat is that bad.

Reactions: RUMED
As per WFAN, the medical issue with Correa is spinal stenosis. Correa and the docs believe this condition is stable and will likely not progress. SF had concerns due to the 13-year deal and wanted additional tests.

• Haha
As per WFAN, the medical issue with Correa is spinal stenosis. Correa and the docs believe this condition is stable and will likely not progress. SF had concerns due to the 13-year deal and wanted additional tests.
Absolute made up utter BS. It was an ankle injury from 8 years ago when he was in the minors. The SF doctors even cleared him but the FO or ownership got cold feet. If you're going to troll constantly like a 10 year old at least do better.

Absolute made up utter BS. It was an ankle injury from 8 years ago when he was in the minors. The SF doctors even cleared him but the FO or ownership got cold feet. If you're going to troll constantly like a 10 year old at least do better.
Don't shot the messenger, go yell at the morning crew on the FAN.

There was no need for open and closed mouth with the shift.
Now, who’s covering from the pitcher and who’s covering on the steal could change with every pitch
100%
Loved the game when Lindor was mic'd up and Scherzer was pitching. He said "we're not allowed to talk to Max when he pitches. How do I tell him who's got him on the DP? Guess he'll figure it out when he turns around.." I cracked up.

I rather keep Guillorme because of his glove and he's under control by the Mets for another year or two. Plus Guillorme bat is that bad.
I'd rather keep both and be rid of Ruf and keep one of Baty/Vientos in the minors. And hate to say it, but if one of the backups need to be moved as well, it should be Vogelbach since he brings zero value on defense and isn't a better hitter than Escobar either.

Escobar and Guillorme are good players and bring a lot of value to the team as both starters and backups, and both are really good defensively and great clubhouse guys. Escobar just brings more value offensively due to his power, so if I had to choose one to go, I'd rather move Guillorme.

Boras told multiple outlets that it wasn't centered on Correa's back, issues with which have caused him to spend significant time on the injured list. Correa sustained a season-ending leg injury in 2014, as a 19-year-old prospect on the precipice of a call-up from Double-A to the big leagues.
Over the past three seasons, Correa has played in 342 of a possible 384 games. Boras told Sports Illustrated Giants found "something in his history that for whatever reason gave them doubts" about signing him.
"You're talking about a player who has played eight major-league seasons," Boras told The Athletic in an earlier interview on Wednesday. "There are things in his medical record that happened decades ago. These are all speculative dynamics. Every team has a right to go through things and evaluate things. The key thing is, we gave them medical reports at the time. They still wanted to sign the player and negotiate with the player." Could it be an issue in the future, of course, and so could a million other things, with other players signing these long term contracts. Time will tell.

While Correa missed time early in his MLB career with a back injury, multiple league sources said the Giants had concerns about an ankle injury he suffered while in the minor leagues. In 2014, when he was a 19-year-old prospect with the Houston Astros, Correa injured his leg on a slide into third base in a High-A game. The Astros later announced that he underwent surgery on a fractured right fibula and a ligament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT