ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ Devils 2023-2024 Thread

Best win of the season so far??

I think we found our goalie.

Let’s go Devs!!
Daws playing well is huge. BIG win too.

But can't get dominated that badly for half the game for it to be a "BEST win of the season" candidate.

Daws was pretty good in Sunrise and his two friends , the posts, were quite busy too.

Luke has to eliminate the non pressured turnovers near our own net - Daws bailed him out late first

I like that they threw pucks at the net instead of waiting for the perfect shot.

Panthers are a goon team and tried to bait them but they didn’t take it.

With today’s GUARANTEED loss in regulation in Boston , my lock of the day, hopefully we hear good news on Jack tomorrow as a 3 games in 4 nights awaits this week. Ruff has to play the 4th line more or the team will be toast by Friday

Last edited:
Guaranteed in all caps and bolded?

Zoinks.

My predictions are discussed ITT so I want to make sure they are crystal clear.

RahwayBOB could have saved up enough for a nice vacation if he took my betting advice in 2023.

We know the Devils are too soft to win in that arena too. Let’s hope they escape with no injuries and a miracle of 1-point

RahwayBOB could have saved up enough for a nice vacation if he took my betting advice in 2023.

We know the Devils are too soft to win in that arena too. Let’s hope they escape with no injuries and a miracle of 1-point
What do you mean “we know”?

Does the choice of Devils goalie play into your thinking?

You may be right today. However, I would have squandered my vacation money if I listened to your horrible prediction Saturday!

Reactions: goru1869
Dougie and Siegenthaler out fir the season.

Best player Jack has a bum shoulder , Timo hasn’t been healthy since we acquired him. Palat reoccurring groin issue. A 2nd and 3rd string goalie. Too much to overcome this season.

Next 3 road games you can pencil in Ls
They barely beat Chicago at home
Here is your post prior to the road trip. Certainly looks like a prediction to me!!

What an embarrassingly futile game by our Devils. But very predictable

The outcome was never in doubt.

The hung Daws out to dry.
Especially on the 2nd bruins goal when no Devils player was physically strong or tough enough to clear the puck out.

Lost at least one more player to serious injury, (Smith).
I told y’all the only positive would be today was not suffering another injury.

A common Devils theme , a loss and an injury.
Kind of like a beer and a shot.

Still out of a playoff spot and none of the key injured players out are close to returning.

Stick a fork in this season!!

Especially on the 2nd bruins goal when no Devils player was physically strong or tough enough to clear the puck out.

Still out of a playoff spot and none of the key injured players out are close to returning.

Stick a fork in your negative BS.

Why do you continue to watch and keep posting if the season is over. Do us all a favor and stop, will make this thread much better without your negativity 99% of the time

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Why do you continue to watch and keep posting if the season is over. Do us all a favor and stop, will make this thread much better without your negativity 99% of the
Start learning the game.

Go ahead and try to refute my on-point recap on todays game or in general this season. .

I’ll wait ……
You are being a total ass! They are a team with injuries on a 1 game losing streak.

Why do you continue to watch and keep posting if the season is over. Do us all a favor and stop, will make this thread much better without your negativity 99% of the time

“Better” like , good effort guys, go team go, I’m proud that they tried?

I am angered that they wasted excellent goaltending from the kid Daws.

Tom Fitzgerald should be on the hot seat from ownership.

I’m not content with them trying hard or being in the wild card mix.

If Fitzgerald did his job correctly we should be a playoff lock!!!!!!!

It wasn’t a futile loss. They were in it til the end.

will smith swimming GIF by Will Smith's Bucket List

“Better” like , good effort guys, go team go, I’m proud that they tried?

I am angered that they wasted excellent goaltending from the kid Daws.

Tom Fitzgerald should be on the hot seat from ownership.

I’m not content with them trying hard or being in the wild card mix.

If Fitzgerald did his job correctly we should be a playoff lock!!!!!!!

So a team you’ve said since the first week…is terrible and isn’t a playoff team..you wouldn’t be happy with s wild card spot. Makes no sense if you’re truly a fan.

I’d be ecstatic if I thought a team I root for is terrible but somehow makes the playoffs. Weird way of thinking…

Start learning the game.

Go ahead and try to refute my on-point recap on todays game or in general this season. .

I’ll wait ……
You are being a total asshole! They are a team with a lot of injuries that Is on a 1 game losing streak . The loss was on the road to the team with the second best record in the league. You are not a Devils. fan. You are only a fan of trolling. That is something you are good at!

• Wow
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
BOB, when someone tries to step up on me with idiocy, such as ruDad, I won’t take it.

Notice I don’t attack fellow fans - unless in defense.

I love this franchise more than most fans but I’m extremely disappointed in how this season is shaping up.

Missing the playoffs should get Fitzgerald and Ruff CANNED!!!!

I consider you a friend here and I value your opinions.

I’ll give the thread some distance the rest of today.

On to the Bills-Steelers game

Reactions: TM94goRU
BOB, when someone tries to step up on me with idiocy, such as ruDad, I won’t take it.

I love this franchise more than most fans but I’m extremely disappointed in how this season is shaping up.

Now that was a really good post! Keep it up!

Do you not realize they’re down their entire top defensive pair..their leading scorer..they were without their captain for weeks…and they’re still in a great position to get into the playoffs.

Not making excuses, but there’s no way fitz gets fired.

Also keep in mind this team is YOUNG and set up for the next decade. Their championship window has barely even opened yet,

To suggest Fitz should be fired is hilarious and shows a pretty large lack of knowledge about where this team is right now…

Last edited:
Being up here in Boston I watched the Bruins version of the game and the announcers couldn't stop gushing about Nico Daws. according to their count the Bruins had over 20 'high danger chances' and they were amazed at how many he stopped.

Also Andy Brickly is the NESN color man now and he had a story about the infamous snow storm 1987 the game: Apparently he showed up to the rink after 9 PM and at that point the Devils had managed to get up to the minimum number of players (something like 12?) and had been forced to submit a roster of who would be able to play, so everyone who showed up after that (Including Andy) were not allowed in the game even though they made the trek.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT