ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ Devils 2023-2024 Thread

It is reported that Markstrom is recruiting his old big friend Nikita Zadorov. Oh this would be a dream for the right AAV. Let's get nasty.

I don't think they care what public opinion is to be honest, I mean why should they?
Definitely not going to care what a non season ticket holder thinks. Hell they don’t care what Black and Red member thinks but at least they give us free drinks and food. Fitz can’t win with some of the fanbase but he can careless.

3 years 4 mill for Dillon

Dillon is +22 at 5v5 over the past four years and has posted an xGF of 50% or higher in seven of the past nine years.

Solid defender, can play on the PK, and very physical. Of 217 defenders to log 500+ minutes at 5v5 this season, Dillon ranked 12th in hits per 60

7 fights last season

Reactions: RU-05
Noesen was a great depth guy for us in the Taylor Hall playoff year then had a ton of injuries before taking his career to the next level in Carolina. Nice defensive forward for the bottom 6

Reactions: RU-05
Barry Trotz is the Champion Big Game Hunter.

I hope chatter is just chatter, but it seems Adam Henrique may sign with the NYR today.

Paul Cotter was interviewed recently, he speaks very well. I look forward to his hits.

I would like to apologize to Fitz, he is trying hard to make up for a bad trade. Anyway his instincts are right, he is getting us bigger, stronger, and tougher to play against. In the last 72 hours I have come to believe, like Ruff, Fitz doesn't have full automony. No the analytics department has Carte Blanche.

Fitz has the right instincts. It is the analytics people that say go sign Pesce and not Zadorov, even though the money is comparable. Analytics worship leads to half measures.

With what is left in free agency, I believe a top 6 forward will only come if traded for. I would love some more Fitzmagic and a trade today for a guy named Brady. Let's say Siegenthaler, Daws, Nemec, and a future 1st round pick or 2. I think Ottawa might due it.

Being a long time diehard fan with great memories of the Lou era, I still can NOT get over how this team now leaks so much.

Good call. If we are not working on a trade, Vlad Tarasenko would look good on the Devils. I think he is still available.

Last edited:
Paul Cotter was interviewed recently, he speaks very well. I look forward to his hits.

I would like to apologize to Fitz, he is trying hard to make up for a bad trade. Anyway his instincts are right, he is getting us bigger, stronger, and tougher to play against. In the last 72 hours I have come to believe, like Ruff, Fitz doesn't have full automony. No the analytics department has Carte Blanche.

Fitz has the right instincts. It is the analytics people that say go sign Pesce and not Zadorov, even though the money is comparable. Analytics worship leads to half measures.

With what is left in free agency, I believe a top 6 forward will only come if traded for. I would love some more Fitzmagic and a trade today for a guy named Brady. Let's say Siegenthaler, Daws, Nemec, and a future 1st round pick or 2. I think Ottawa might due it.
Ottawa just brought in Ulmark. They are not going to turn around and trade Tkachuk.

They are trying to win to keep him happy.

Ottawa just brought in Ulmark. They are not going to turn around and trade Tkachuk.

They are trying to win to keep him happy.
In a world where Gretzky got traded anything is possible. As I alluded to, right now unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I think after they miss the playoffs again this year, Brady will ask out publicly like Mathew did. If you noticed my hypothetical package would solve many of Ottawa's problems. When Brady does ask out, I want Fitzy to be the first person Staios thinks of!

That would work, especially with our new size and grit. I have been researching Cotter's career, this guy could very well blossom here the way McKay and Holik did. It would not surprise me if Cotter gets some Top 6 time this year.

Reactions: CHOPU
This one surprises me. James Nichols is reporting Nikita Gusev is at the Devils Developmental Camp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT