ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ Devils 2023-2024 Thread

Yegor for a 2nd and 3rd. With a year of Toffoli in the middle. No need to make it more complicated then that.
We see it differently. It's great different people can look at situations differently.

If management had gotten a shutdown defender and at least an average goalie we would be playoff bound and much happier. I fear this ownership group will run us into the ground without winning anything. Fitzgerald saying Greene insisted on automony scares the heck out of me.

We see it differently. It's great different people can look at situations differently.

If management had gotten a shutdown defender and at least an average goalie we would be playoff bound and much happier
. I fear this ownership group will run us into the ground without winning anything. Fitzgerald saying Greene insisted on automony scares the heck out of me.
We can criticize other moves without making a point regarding Yegor and Toff that makes no sense.
I think the issue with the return for Toffoli is the same issue as to why I didn't want him back. He's one of the slowest skaters in the league. Teams were not paying a lot for him.

The issue regarding the Shara trade, imo at least, is they traded him on a down year that very well may have been due to having his first child.

We can criticize other moves without making a point regarding Yegor and Toff that makes no sense.
I think the issue with the return for Toffoli is the same issue as to why I didn't want him back. He's one of the slowest skaters in the league. Teams were not paying a lot for him.

The issue regarding the Shara trade, imo at least, is they traded him on a down year that very well may have been due to having his first child.
My point makes sense you just don't agree with it. I'm not changing my opinion. Either strictly Fitz crapped the bed or we have a systemic problem with owners that DON'T care and just want to make money while claiming another team. We also didn't do much with the LTIR money, so sadly I think it's Harris and Blitzer.

If it's Fitzgerald, IMO he should be fired. He failed at everything in season except securing his new deal. If it's the ownership and analytical eggheads we are in deeper trouble. Either WAY management failed this year.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
My point makes sense you just don't agree with it. I'm not changing my opinion. Either strictly Fitz crapped the bed or we have a systemic problem with owners that DON'T care and just want to make money while claiming another team. We also didn't do much with the LTIR money, so sadly I think it's Harris and Blitzer.

If it's Fitzgerald, IMO he should be fired. He failed at everything in season except securing his new deal. If it's the ownership and analytical eggheads we are in deeper trouble. Either WAY management failed this year.

I think you’re severely overreacting over one miserable season where we had a terrible coach and slew of injuries. I expect a much better season next year

Reactions: CHOPU and goru1869
I think you’re severely overreacting over one miserable season where we had a terrible coach and slew of injuries. I expect a much better season next year
It's nice different people can think differently. As far as next year I hope so. Not being intuitive or proactive is a recipe for failure. This organization better step it up.

Fitzgerald even admitted Allen had us on his no trade list. All year no goalie help, today 2 subpar goalies when the season is over. Disappointing year.

It's nice different people can think differently. As far as next year I hope so. Not being intuitive or proactive is a recipe for failure. This organization better step it up.

Fitzgerald even admitted Allen had us on his no trade list. All year no goalie help, today 2 subpar goalies when the season is over. Disappointing year.

Absolutely disappointing year. But you don’t make a knee jerk change because of one disappointing year.

Reactions: RU-05 and TM94goRU
The only move Fitz made that was good was trading Vanacek to the AHL team in San Jose. Thanks old friend Mike Grier.

Saying we traded two 30 goal scorers for a 2nd and a 3rd makes no sense.

Undermines everything else you say

Reactions: CHOPU
Saying we traded two 30 goal scorers for a 2nd and a 3rd makes no sense.

Undermines everything else you say
You are entitled to your opinion along with your fanboy that likes each of these posts. We disagree, we don't need to play posts tag for hours.

I'm my own man, as such I need no one else's validation! Think whatever you want, I don't care respectfully!

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
You are entitled to your opinion along with your fanboy that likes each of these posts. We disagree, we don't need to play posts tag for hours.

I'm my own man, as such I need no one else's validation! Think whatever you want, I don't care respectfully!
You’re entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

First time i ever said that i think.

Watched the fitzy presser . He tried to get Allen earlier in the season but wouldn’t waive his no trade at the time. I guess he didn’t like being in a 3 man rotation in net for Montreal. they have a veteran back up locked in for next year. Now he gets to go “big game hunting “ for a #1 goalie in the offseason . Let’s see what fitzy does. They weren’t sure about Dougies injury status hence the delay on putting him on LTIR .

Watched the fitzy presser . He tried to get Allen earlier in the season but wouldn’t waive his no trade at the time. I guess he didn’t like being in a 3 man rotation in net for Montreal. they have a veteran back up locked in for next year. Now he gets to go “big game hunting “ for a #1 goalie in the offseason . Let’s see what fitzy does. They weren’t sure about Dougies injury status hence the delay on putting him on LTIR .

Great FA class this offseason especially on D. And devins have a lot of cap room.

Expecting a good offseason

Reactions: goru1869
You’re entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

First time i ever said that i think.
Okay sporty I'll put it another way. We ended up trading Yegor for a 2nd Round Pick, which we will most likely end up giving to Montreal for a backup goalie named Allen. Look at it again everything else cancels out!

Now if you disagree please leave me alone. I am not like many here that drink the kool-aid and think it's sacrilege to criticize a favorite team. OMG we have some State Penn crap going on in here.

You should listen to the Runnin with the Devils Podcast, you might learn something.

Okay sporty I'll put it another way. We ended up trading Yegor for a 2nd Round Pick, which we will most likely end up giving to Montreal for a backup goalie named Allen. Look at it again everything else cancels out!

Now if you disagree please leave me alone. I am not like many here that drink the kool-aid and think it's sacrilege to criticize a favorite team. OMG we have some State Penn crap going on in here.

You should listen to the Runnin with the Devils Podcast, you might learn something.

This is not likely. It only becomes a 2nd if Allen plays 40 games next year..

You think Allen’s going to play 40 games next year?

Also includes a clause that the devils make the playoffs next year. So in the unlikely scenario we do send them a. 2nd..at least we’ll be a playoff team lol

don’t need to hope. It’s accurate.

Again, very unlikely the devils give the Canadians a 2nd.
Official team release

The conditions on the pick are as follows: if Allen plays in 40 regular-season games in the 2024-25 season and his club qualifies for the 2025 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the 2025 third-round pick becomes New Jersey’s 2025 second-round selection.

Official team release

The conditions on the pick are as follows: if Allen plays in 40 regular-season games in the 2024-25 season and his club qualifies for the 2025 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the 2025 third-round pick becomes New Jersey’s 2025 second-round selection.

Yup. Again…very unlikely we give Montreal a 2nd

This is not likely. It only becomes a 2nd if Allen plays 40 games next year..

You think Allen’s going to play 40 games next year?
The only way Allen plays 40 is if he plays very well. Otherwise the team will make sure he doesn’t hit 40.

And if he plays really well and we make the playoffs thus triggering the condition which turns the pick from a 3rd to a 2nd, i will live with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikemarc1
You’re 💯 spot on bro.
🎯
Thanks. To speak freely, NOT having to play angry posts tag because I'm NOT a kiss ass kool-aid drinker, you can DM me for my perspective if you want. This thread would fit in nicely with the Pedo State people.

And Allen.

Now that is a more accurate take.
I disagree, sorry my original post was too esoteric for you. Allen is an extension, but that is Toffoli.

Bottom line we had 2 30 goal scorers and ended up with a wash except a 2nd round pick. That is my take. Don't quote me I Will NOT reply back.

Enjoy the Summer

Interesting, yesterday San Jose traded former Devils #1 Nikita Oh. to Calgary for only a 5th round pick.

Given his history, size, and age I am surprised Fitz didn't get him back. After all after Shakir M. Nikita was the biggest known asset in the Timo trade last year.

Thanks. To speak freely, NOT having to play angry posts tag because I'm NOT a kiss ass kool-aid drinker, you can DM me for my perspective if you want. This thread would fit in nicely with the Pedo State people.
This pedo state comp is right on par with a lot of your takes . Absolute trash . Your an idiot

Be better my man. No need to compare us to Penn State fans....

Reactions: goru1869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT