ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Little brother isn’t the burn you think it is…lots of times little brothers are more successful

I mean we are the little brothers. A 40 year old franchise vs an 80+ year old franchise.

The 40 year old franchise has been more successful since they were founded. I’d take that any day
50 years old. Remember, you guys were Mickey House before Lou and Marty and have been Mickey Mouse since. Those 2.5 cups were over 20 years ago. Time to relax. You are sounding like a PSU or ND fan citing glory from long, long ago.

It is all about being a fan. It is what we do.
I know, and to each his own I suppose. But I see one, maybe two, Rangers fans engaging in immature barbs back and forth, and I see a ton of Devils fans jumping in now that the Rangers have been eliminated (despite being the crowd that wanted separate threads).

50 years old. Remember, you guys were Mickey House before Lou and Marty and have been Mickey Mouse since. Those 2.5 cups were over 20 years ago. Time to relax. You are sounding like a PSU or ND fan citing glory from long, long ago.

Not really Mickey Mouse anymore. Again, fastest growing fan base in league and top 5-10 (need to check figures) largest jump in valuation…stop living on the past and realize devils are an up and coming team

And no fanbase cites glory from long long ago more than the Rangers…1994 bruh!!

Reactions: goru1869
What Ranger fans need to understand is that to the owner, the past three years have been a hugely successful run. Dolan doesn’t give one shit about hockey, so he is ecstatic they averaged 6 home playoff games in the last three years.

There will never be the pressure on the people running the Rangers to actually win the Cup that there is at other franchises, the pressure is to consistently make a couple playoff rounds and earn him a lot of money.

That’s why the rebuild was short circuited and why they won’t make major changes to this team now.

Reactions: mdh2003
“Better” in what way? As Igor said last year, nothing matters unless you win the cup. So in a season that nothing mattered for either team..Devils probably making out “better” with this higher pick.
In a weak draft class. Yea, id prefer to make the ECF and be relevant than be irrelevant for 12 years

Reactions: Randal7
Not really Mickey Mouse anymore. Again, fastest growing fan base in league and top 5-10 (need to check figures) largest jump in valuation…stop living on the past and realize devils are an up and coming team

And no fanbase cites glory from long long ago more than the Rangers…1994 bruh!!
Saying the devs grew their fan base after going from basement dweller for a decade to making the playoffs is one of the biggest no shits of all time. This is such a stupid thing you keep bringing up

I know, and to each his own I suppose. But I see one, maybe two, Rangers fans engaging in immature barbs back and forth, and I see a ton of Devils fans jumping in now that the Rangers have been eliminated (despite being the crowd that wanted separate threads).
Nothing wrong with the joy of seeing a rival being sent home and busting balls. If a fan of any team can't handle the ribbing maybe they need to grow up. Even through there are clouds in the sky today it is a bright and sunny day in the land of the rising Devil's.

Saying the devs grew their fan base after going from basement dweller for a decade to making the playoffs is one of the biggest no shits of all time. This is such a stupid thing you keep bringing up

I didn’t say they grew their fan base....I mean, I’d venture to say all 32 nhl teams grew their fan base..

I said they have the fastest growing fanbase. If you don’t understand the difference I can’t help ya.

Nothing wrong with the joy of seeing a rival being sent home and busting balls. If a fan of any team can't handle the ribbing maybe they need to grow up. Even through there are clouds in the sky today it is a bright and sunny day in the land of the rising Devil's.
Not saying people can’t handle it…just saying it’s immature. Just my opinion.

Not saying people can’t handle it…just saying it’s immature. Just my opinion.
When people are complaining about some ball busting, it means that they can't handle it. Ya know, feelings are being hurt. LOL

I didn’t say they grew their fan base....I mean, I’d venture to say all 32 nhl teams grew their fan base..

I said they have the fastest growing fanbase. If you don’t understand the difference I can’t help ya.
Aka they grew their fan base. When the denominator is abysmal because youve been one of the worst franchises in hockey for more than a decade then a bump to the numerator shows massive growth.

Simple math lesson.

If I have 100 eggs and my chickens lay 80 my egg count has grown by 80%.

If I have 100,000 eggs and my chickens lay 50,000, my egg county has grown by 50%.

If you use %’s to express how much something has grown, the context of grown from X to Y is probably important to assess.

If you dont understand the difference, you're frankly just stupid.

Id prefer to win cups…and again to say the devils are irrelevant is just factually incorrect.
Theyve won one playoff series in 12 years. Since 2012 they have a bottom one of the worst win %’s in the sport. Im not sure how you define irrelevant but theyre right on par with the sabres as far as relevancy is concerned.

Theyve won one playoff series in 12 years. Since 2012 they have a bottom one of the worst win %’s in the sport. Im not sure how you define irrelevant but theyre right on par with the sabres as far as relevancy is concerned.

devils were involved in the highest rated regular season ABC game last flyers behind winter classic..devils just participated in the stadium series, one of the leagues marquee events. Trust me, these aren’t things irrelevant teams are involved in.

You seem to be confusing successful and relevant.

devils were involved in the highest rated regular season ABC game last flyers behind winter classic..devils just participated in the stadium series, one of the leagues marquee events. Trust me, these aren’t things irrelevant teams are involved in.

You seem to be confusing successful and relevant.
Are columbus and detroit relevant teams because next years stadium series is columbus and detroit. You’re so fvcking bad at this lol. They dont just pick teams and say, yup, these guys are relevant lets put them in. Its totally geography based.

And you mean to tell me a prime time abc game with the devils in the 2022-2023 season when they were on a heater playing a team playing at a record setting points pace in boston drew eyeballs? No way. Cant be. Cant have anything to do with boston and their market, no way.

He can't get over that they are here to stay and are a threat to the rag fanbase because of a MUCH better recent history.
Where are the devs staying? Irrelevant? Theyre fatally flawed in their build. Sunk wayyyyy too much money into tiny guys.

Devs have been irrelevant for well over a decade, theyre just not a team anyone is concerned in playing

Are columbus and detroit relevant teams because next years stadium series is columbus and detroit. You’re so fvcking bad at this lol. They dont just pick teams and say, yup, these guys are relevant lets put them in. Its totally geography based.

And you mean to tell me a prime time abc game with the devils in the 2022-2023 season when they were on a heater playing a team playing at a record setting points pace in boston drew eyeballs? No way. Cant be. Cant have anything to do with boston and their market, no way.

Again I think you’re confusing relevancy and success. Columbus and Detroit are very relevant to the league.

Yes. Two more up and coming franchises, in an up and coming hockey market. Totally relevant.

Bruins success certainly helped the rating. Agree

He can't get over that they are here to stay and are a threat to the rag fanbase because of a MUCH better recent history.

Recent history would be the last decade?
You beat us last year. But the Rangers have been far more successful recently.

Hell you have 2 first overall picks as proof of your recent "success". You're dismissed.

Recent history would be the last decade?
You beat us last year. But the Rangers have been far more successful recently.

Hell you have 2 first overall picks as proof of your recent "success". You're dismissed.
As your phony history about the rags can take a hike. ONE cup in 84 years LOLOL, HAHA,. If it wasn't for the NYC media your rags would not be relevant. All you rag fans do is drink their kool-aid. Give it up, you will NOT see them win another cup in your lifetime. For the most part the DEVILS own the rags. The Devils bitch is the rags.

• Haha
Reactions: KK1827
As your phony history about the rags can take a hike. ONE cup in 84 years LOLOL, HAHA,. If it wasn't for the NYC media your rags would not be relevant. All you rag fans do is drink their kool-aid. Give it up, you will NOT see them win another cup in your lifetime. For the most part the DEVILS own the rags. The Devils bitch is the rags.

None of that addresses recent success, but you gotta do you.

We're Devils fans the ones screaming for separate threads? Once again the little brother complex is fully apparent, but Krup said it best earlier in thread
My count is in the teens (so far) of Rangers fans who brought up the Devils in their own thread. Even more so if you include the regular season.

They should all have their own (Mets/Yankees, Giants/Jets, Rangers/Devils), the rest IMO aren’t worthy or deserve TKR bandwidth.

And count this Devils fan as one who wanted the Rangers to win.

Devils are my team but hockey (having both boys play in college) is now my sport. So to me, if the Devils are out of it…a Rangers/Oilers Final is MUCH better for hockey than a Stars/Panthers one.

Last edited:
Reactions: newell138
I prefer all one thread. Good banter. Little brother is just mentally weak and doesnt want to hear criticism.

They think its better to not make the playoffs than lose in the ECF. They keep going back to 2003 haha but eventually theyll realize next season will be 22 years

Disagree. The contest I want to discuss is hockey, not pissing. Besides, I had been a Rangers fan for 15 years before the Devils came into being.

None of that addresses recent success, but you gotta do you.
What u want a participation trophy for making the playoffs and losing . Here you go 🏆🏆🏆. Teams play to win the cup and anything else is a failure . Just ask the players. Rags haven’t won in 30 years and devs haven’t won in 21 years . There’s been a whole bunch of failure since then .

What u want a participation trophy for making the playoffs and losing . Here you go 🏆🏆🏆. Teams play to win the cup and anything else is a failure . Just ask the players. Rags haven’t won in 30 years and devs haven’t won in 21 years . There’s been a whole bunch of failure since then .

I was addressing the comments that recently the Devils were more successful. Pointing out that wasn't true.

I dont do participation trophies, it's all about the Cup. When you don't win, it's a failure. We got beat by the better team.

Reactions: CHOPU
“Better” in what way? As Igor said last year, nothing matters unless you win the cup. So in a season that nothing mattered for either team..Devils probably making out “better” with this higher pick.
... what? haha...from a fan perspective, this certainly isn't true.

The point of sports in entertainment, right? As rangers fans, we got 40 more days of solid entertainment and some crazy highs.

How are Devils fans better off?

And then from a franchise perspective --- what experience did the devils players derive from playing golf in April? How's that going to help the team reach new heights moving forward?

The Rangers and Devils fan rivalry has reached a level that is no longer "ribbing". I think you know that.

... what? haha...from a fan perspective, this certainly isn't true.

The point of sports in entertainment, right? As rangers fans, we got 40 more days of solid entertainment and some crazy highs.

How are Devils fans better off?

And then from a franchise perspective --- what experience did the devils players derive from playing golf in April? How's that going to help the team reach new heights moving forward?

As a fan, I’d much rather not even make the playoffs than suffer heart ache year in and year out being so close.

It’s all about winning the cup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT