ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Premier League thread

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Surprised this hasn't been a thread started. With a cupcake today for Man U. Tomorrow 6 matches. Who you got?

Not a fan of Arsenal but I think it’s their year. Is City facing point deduction or relegation? 115 allegations to deal with.

1 and 2 in any order you like:
1. Arsenal
2. Man City

Then...
3. Man Utd (they will look terrible from time to time, but there's enough talent here particularly with the emergence of Mainoo for me to slot them 3rd, albeit far behind the top 2).
4. Newcastle (feels like a repeat from a few years ago, no European football is a good thing. Isak only real challenger to Haaland for top scorer IMO, although Solanke at Spurs is interesting.)

5. Chelsea (by the end of year nobody will want to play them)
6. Spurs (they will be a fun watch as always)
7. Liverpool (no signings, no Klopp, everybody one year older... they'll produce magic with the quality here but I fear this is a team on the downswing).

Who could surprise....
Brighton - Ferguson is a guy who can lead the league in goals once he gets a bit older. EDIT I see now they seem to be lining up a move for a striker - so Ferguson to Man U?
Brentford - we saw how dangerous Toney is in the Euros in limited action. No other mid table club has a guy like him.
Bournemouth - Good coach, just spent a Bournemouth fortune for a striker. Of all the teams here I could see them be that magical "how did they finish top 4" type of team.

Last edited:
1. Arsenal
2. Man City

Then...
3. Man Utd (they will look terrible from time to time, but there's enough talent here particularly with the emergence of Mainoo for me to slot them 3rd, albeit far behind the top 2).
4. Newcastle (feels like a repeat from a few years ago, no European football is a good thing. Isak only real challenger to Haaland for top scorer IMO, although Solanke at Spurs is interesting.)

7. Liverpool (no signings, no Klopp, everybody one year older... they'll produce magic with the quality here but I fear this is a team on the downswing).

Who could surprise....
Brighton - Ferguson is a guy who can lead the league in goals once he gets a bit older.
Brentford - we saw how dangerous Toney is in the Euros in limited action. No other mid table club has a guy like him.
Bournemouth - Good coach, just spent a Bournemouth fortune for a striker. Of all the teams here I could see them be that magical "how did they finish top 4" type of team.
What do you think of West Ham? I think they could surprise, also Aston Villa will be good but will be dealing with UCL, are they deep enough to handle the extra fixtures?

What do you think of West Ham? I think they could surprise, also Aston Villa will be good but will be dealing with UCL, are they deep enough to handle the extra fixtures?
Honestly forgot about them but should certainly be top ten I'd guess.

And if you're a top ten club with the amount of talent spread nowadays means you could be top 5 if things break right IMO.

Last edited:
I'm ready for another tumultuous Chelsea season! Think I'm going to hate Maresca ball but if it produces winning results I'll certainly take it.

1. Arsenal
2. Man City

Then...

Who could surprise....
Brighton - Ferguson is a guy who can lead the league in goals once he gets a bit older. EDIT I see now they seem to be lining up a move for a striker - so Ferguson to Man U?
Well - no Toney in the squad today so thinking he is probably being shipped. Arsenal? He might be the final piece for them, although Havertz might be fine there anyway.

Chelsea vs Man City today at 11:30. So far the matchups have been underwhelming
Agreed. Next week probably worse FWIW. You'll have to wait til Sept 1 for Man U - Liverpool and Tottenham - Newcastle, which is a nice Sunday double. Then there's the break so nothing major until Arsenal - Tottenham the 15th.

Well - no Toney in the squad today so thinking he is probably being shipped. Arsenal? He might be the final piece for them, although Havertz might be fine there anyway.
Toney linked with Saudi currently.

Toney’s off the field issues might have turned off some Premier League teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT