ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

How about the men’s team being Down by double digits to Serbia and almost losing to SSudan in warmup game.
Serbia is legit and plays a system to overacheive for what they lack. They almost pulled it off. Curry was the MVP for the US.

China's summer Olympic success is largely derived from six sports: table tennis, shooting, diving, badminton, gymnastics and weightlifting. According to a 2021 New York Times article, more than two-thirds of China's gold medals have come courtesy of female winners.

They were 1 foot from a tie game at the buzzer. Who knows what happens in OT. The team was so sloppy. A win is a win but they should have rolled France. Every player on the team will tell you that.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
I’ll say it:

Women’s Hoops is awful to watch. 100% pure AWFUL. I use to go to a lot of RU games while in school but that’s because I’m a crazy sports fan. This crap isn’t watchable.

Now THAT being said …12 TO’s already mid-2nd quarter is embarrassing and nobody on this team can hit a shot from the perimeter??!! 2 words: Caitlin Clark.
I enjoy women's hoops and still go to a game or two when we're good (and used to go to more when we were really good). If you used to go to games that means you must have liked it some - to call it awful and unwatchable is just over the top.

This is ridiculous. Why I hate sports with judges

Jordan Chiles' bronze medal may be withdrawn after appeal by Romania; leaves social media heartbroken
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jord...ppeal-romania-leaves-social-media-heartbroken
Latest news that I found in the issue
The USA claims the ruling that their appeal was made late was wrong and have a time stamped video
to prove the appeal was made before the deadline.

Women had one clunker, all the other games lowest point total was 85, with high of 102 against Japan.

Women had one clunker, all the other games lowest point total was 85, with high of 102 against Japan.
But it was a big clunker against a team that could challenge them most. Our coach seemed to have no answers and was paralyzed today. But sometimes when no one is on, you have no buttons to push. She probably gets another shot at a world competition if she wants it.

Latest news that I found in the issue
The USA claims the ruling that their appeal was made late was wrong and have a time stamped video
to prove the appeal was made before the deadline.

The Olympic committee should make a rare exemption and give both women a bronze. Unfair to both of them.

Closing was interesting.

The Tom Cruise MI thing was not what I expected. The Brits did James Bond already so it didn’t feel original….would have rather had Vin Diesel show up in one of the FF Challengers to take the flag.

They were 1 foot from a tie game at the buzzer. Who knows what happens in OT. The team was so sloppy. A win is a win but they should have rolled France. Every player on the team will tell you that.
Rolled France?? Let me give you an update. Basketball is now truly a World sport. Stop your unnecessary and uneducated whining. France did actually earn their spot to the final. Jeez stupid fans for sure.

Rolled France?? Let me give you an update. Basketball is now truly a World sport. Stop your unnecessary and uneducated whining. France did actually earn their spot to the final. Jeez stupid fans for sure.
The world has caught up in men’s basketball but not so much on the women’s side. Obviously you didn’t watch because the US had so many TO’s and missed layups.

All said and done this was a great Olympics. I really enjoyed all the coverage the past 2+ weeks. Gonna miss turning it on every AM. Always seem to enjoy it most when the games are in Europe US/North American games. Europe best due to time difference.

China's summer Olympic success is largely derived from six sports: table tennis, shooting, diving, badminton, gymnastics and weightlifting. According to a 2021 New York Times article, more than two-thirds of China's gold medals have come courtesy of female winners.
picking-up where the former Iron Curtain "women" weightlifters left off

The world has caught up in men’s basketball but not so much on the women’s side. Obviously you didn’t watch because the US had so many TO’s and missed layups.
Obviously you're wrong because the French actually reached the finals and made a game of it. So how much did you lose on your bet because that's the only reason to be crying about a US win.

I am trying to figure out why a guy is playing the piano vertical, hanging from ropes

But it was a big clunker against a team that could challenge them most. Our coach seemed to have no answers and was paralyzed today. But sometimes when no one is on, you have no buttons to push. She probably gets another shot at a world competition if she wants it.
Big answer was putting Copper.

All said and done this was a great Olympics. I really enjoyed all the coverage the past 2+ weeks. Gonna miss turning it on every AM. Always seem to enjoy it most when the games are in Europe US/North American games. Europe best due to time difference.

Yes a Euro site was half way to a home game and had a good vibe.
People didn't have to wake-up at 3AM to see live action half a world away.
In stadium crowds knew English and French
Lots of youngs watch stuff on their phones (even when a 65" tv is in the house) so streaming worked.
The NBC hosts were good and the athletes were mostly respectable.
In a day of mediocre $50m QBs, unwatchable events and goofball athletes, the Olympics were a throwback.
One non US diver ranked 3rd in world spoke of living on 35k a year .
Most athletes seemed genuinely friendly with each other.
A photo of two US athletes celebrating a foreign winner over them would have been a scandal not long ago

yVujcR8.jpeg

I am trying to figure out why a guy is playing the piano vertical, hanging from ropes
Thought it was pretty cool, along with the opera singer and the minions "excavating and raising" the Olympic rings. It's art, like a Broadway play. Very entertaining, IMO. I'm also a huge fan of Phoenix, so was happy to see them as the marquee band and loved that Ezra Koenig from Vampire Weekend joined for their joint song, and thought the others were at least interesting.

Obviously you're wrong because the French actually reached the finals and made a game of it. So how much did you lose on your bet because that's the only reason to be crying about a US win.
No bets for me but I can tell you didn’t watch the game. Just admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT