ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Original or Extra Crispy

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Maybe instead of FBS, FCS there should be two divisions of football: Original (Ship / no $ paid to athletes- or occasionally under the table) / NIL.

Think the B1G needs to ditch the current East/ West Divisions and split along the same lines:

OSU, Mich, MSU, PSU Wisky, IOWA, USC< UCLA= NIL
RU,, Indy + Others = Non NIL (I realize there are cases in the remaining group that do / will pay but total $$ / frequency means they can't compete)_

MO

Maybe instead of FBS, FCS there should be two divisions of football: Original (Ship / no $ paid to athletes- or occasionally under the table) / NIL.

Think the B1G needs to ditch the current East/ West Divisions and split along the same lines:

OSU, Mich, MSU, PSU Wisky, IOWA, USC< UCLA= NIL
RU,, Indy + Others = Non NIL (I realize there are cases in the remaining group that do / will pay but total $$ / frequency means they can't compete)_

MO
OSU is the only Big 10 school that has more NIL money than Nebraska and that is not a given that they do. Last report I got was NU had plenty of money for it to compete with anyone in the NIL department. I know they wanted $10mil sustained annually for it and they have surpassed that. NIL or anything money wise won’t be a reason NU doesn’t compete.

Geez, I thought you were going to discuss boogers.
Orlando Magic Basketball GIF by NBA

OSU is the only Big 10 school that has more NIL money than Nebraska and that is not a given that they do. Last report I got was NU had plenty of money for it to compete with anyone in the NIL department. I know they wanted $10mil sustained annually for it and they have surpassed that. NIL or anything money wise won’t be a reason NU doesn’t compete.
Then Nebby may want to partner with Rutgers (top Public U, MBA program in the NE)... since they're not spending the $$ wisely or productively.

Regardless, maybe all B1G has more $$ than RU and is willing to use it.

NIL seems like it's up there with Trumps Trading Cards: total money grab... even Bannon says "he's through".

MO

Then Nebby may want to partner with Rutgers (top Public U, MBA program in the NE)... since they're not spending the $$ wisely or productively.

Regardless, maybe all B1G has more $$ than RU and is willing to use it.

NIL seems like it's up there with Trumps Trading Cards: total money grab... even Bannon says "he's through".

MO

NU has nothing to do with the NIL. The coaches don’t even know how much the kids are getting.

When kids come in for official visits some time is set aside for the NIL people to meet with them and tell them what they are willing to do. They help them understand any tax implications and how the whole deal works.

There was a booster and NIL partners meeting with Matt Rhule and Trev alberts(AD) at an airplane hanger in Lincoln(the hanger owner supplies NU with the “free” jets). Rhule wanted to know if he had the support of the money people to basically tear it all down and start over. He was assured by the boosters that through NIL he would have whatever he needed to succeed.

NIL is an ugly thing for college sports but it is the world we are in currently, so get on board or get left way behind. The days of the majority of your team being built by redshirting and not play till year 3 or 4 are gone and probably forever. Coaches are adapting to it quicker than I thought some might but the donors are driving the bus. No donor money, no competitive teams. Sucks but can’t do much about it but wrote more checks.

Reactions: RutgersMO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT