ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Equilibrium/Three Chiefs collab Players is awesome. Best Equilibrium beer by a mile. Thick, fudgy, coffee coconut with some nilla...

When Charles, Nate, Gerard, and Kramer came to Middletown, we took them to one of our favorite local watering holes, Players. After some joking around and a long… long… night of hanging out, jokes became reality and our collaboration was named. Players is an American Imperial Stout brewed with Madagascar vanilla beans, Fiji cacao nibs, toasted coconut, and Mostra coffee ghost bear espresso. No lactose was harmed in this beers creation. It pours jet black with a beautiful deep tan head. The dynamics of the relative adjunct strength shift as the beer warms and time lengthens.

66221219_1180659022134291_5894139428829396992_n.jpg

Cant believe I'm just seeing this thread now.

Living in San Diego definitely has a bunch of perks, but the beer is probably one of the best ones. TONS of local breweries that are just excellent at what they do.

This has been my go-to beer lately, if you're into Hazy IPAs you will love it.

Anyone willing to trade beers?
I’ve had the North Park Hop-Fu!, which was very good, at some bars in SD, but haven’t had the chance to go to their taproom. Hopefully I will get the chance on my next visit.

If you can get your hands on anything from Funky Buddha out of Florida, get it, my buddy has been bringing back beers from there and they rank up there with anyone in the country, had the Whiskey Barrell-Aged Uncle Vucub, an imperial stout last night, although not their best it was still awesome. Cocoa/vanilla with habanero peppers.

Reactions: Leonard23
@Leonard23 Kane is releasing ANTEAD this week but you have to pre-order it online on Wednesday. I hate that.
I think it's better than their early years when you had to wait in line for hours. I'd rather find out ahead of time that I'm not getting it than spend a Saturday afternoon standing in line.

I think it's better than their early years when you had to wait in line for hours. I'd rather find out ahead of time that I'm not getting it than spend a Saturday afternoon standing in line.
The longest I ever waited in line was 90 minutes, as long as I know I'm scoring I can wait, chances are I'm not doing anything good with my Saturday.

A better argument for pre-order is when they announced at 11am on Saturday that they're releasing a top item which they use to do which was infuriating because it's the one Saturday you made yourself busy.

I'm also kind of surprised ANTEAD's is getting the superstar treatment, it's definitely one of their best but I always thought it flew under the radar.

The longest I ever waited in line was 90 minutes, as long as I know I'm scoring I can wait, chances are I'm not doing anything good with my Saturday.

A better argument for pre-order is when they announced at 11am on Saturday that they're releasing a top item which they use to do which was infuriating because it's the one Saturday you made yourself busy.

I'm also kind of surprised ANTEAD's is getting the superstar treatment, it's definitely one of their best but I always thought it flew under the radar.
There was one year I waited something like 3+ hours for ANTEAD. I think it was the first year they started bottling variants. The day-of announcements probably is better, but they would still get lines and I think I read somewhere that neighboring businesses weren't happy with that. They also don't want people drinking in the line which is what was happening.

There was one year I waited something like 3+ hours for ANTEAD. I think it was the first year they started bottling variants. The day-of announcements probably is better, but they would still get lines and I think I read somewhere that neighboring businesses weren't happy with that. They also don't want people drinking in the line which is what was happening.
Actually the neighbors not being happy I heard is the top reason for the lottery.

Neighbors?? It's an industrial park!

Troon's Trying to Get Fired canned last week was so magnificent.

So what if it's an industrial park, look up the definition of the word "neighbor".

:eye roll: It's a line of people not going crazy. Even if there was drinking on line there's drinking in the brewery. Kane will buy them out anyway eventually if need be.

:eye roll: It's a line of people not going crazy. Even if there was drinking on line there's drinking in the brewery. Kane will buy them out anyway eventually if need be.
No, it has nothing to do with the drinking or partying but the parking, Kane customers park everywhere including the parking lots of other companies that are open on Saturdays.

No, it has nothing to do with the drinking or partying but the parking, Kane customers park everywhere including the parking lots of other companies that are open on Saturdays.

Which companies there are losing their parking from the Kane customers and therefore losing business?

Prairie Birthday Bomb 2019 was good, but the BA Birthday Bomb 2019 was awesome, almost like Kane's BA Mexican Brunch...

Barrel Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coffee, Cocoa Nibs, Vanilla Beans, Chili Peppers, Caramel Sauce and Toffee.

Kane Picture in Reverse Willett Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged old ale was very good. Nice rye barrel with some sweetness and spice...

Picture in Reverse, the annual release of our Barrel-aged Old Ale. The base beer is brewed with a simple malt bill of almost entirely British Golden Promise then boiled down for three hours to reduce and concentrate the wort. After fermentation with our house ale yeast we aged this beer for over 13 months in total. Aged in rye whisky barrels from Willett Distillery.

Kane Stacking Casks is awesome...

Stacking Casks is a series of barrel-aged beers that are blended, then finished in a variety of casks. This first release is a 12.9% blend of two different rye barrel-aged barleywines and a rye barrel-aged wheatwine that was racked into 600 Liter Pineau des Charentes casks to finish for six months. Pineau des Charentes is a fortified wine, made with unfermented pressed grapes or slightly fermented grape must, to which cognac is added then aged. We then blended the casks together, cold conditioned in stainless for three months and bottled what turned out to be a truly rich and complex beer. Because of the process and blends each bottling in the series will result in a unique beer.

Other Half/Modern Times collab You Can't See Birds at Night? is an abomination. Awful flavor with huge coconut floaties and banana flavor that shouldn't be there...

Collab with Modern Times. Imperial stout with coconut milk, toasted coconut, toasted macadamia nuts, and Modern Times coffee

So I can bring my year old Pumpkin and Oktoberfests in my fridge to a party this weekend and no one will question it. Great news.

Been sticking with the Czig Meister Farm Hand Orange Cream Ale, after working outdoors, this summer. Funny thing is . . . I went to the brewery in Hackettstown a few weeks back to try it on draft, and decided I preferred it from the can. Not sure if this was just a funky batch -- I'd figure it would taste even better, but it didn't. May need to go back . . .

Just had a Jersey Cyclone “A Quarter Off Kolsch” at https://www.twenty20taphouse.com/

Very delicious
My sister is in boston and staying near trillium. I'm very much into IPA, is there anything in particular that I should ask her to bring back for me? I've never had anything from there but from reading the posts here, they seem to have some very good stuff. Any recs would be greatly appreciated.

My sister is in boston and staying near trillium. I'm very much into IPA, is there anything in particular that I should ask her to bring back for me? I've never had anything from there but from reading the posts here, they seem to have some very good stuff. Any recs would be greatly appreciated.

On the current cans/bottles list, DDH Congress St and galaxy DDH Fort Point pale ale would be what your looking for. The regular versions of these are the beers that made Trillium what it is today. The DDH versions should be world class. Anything on the list though should be solid. If you like wild ales/sours, the Fated Farmer series is good. Wish I could take a tripup there now for those DDH cans!

Reactions: shu99
Anyone go to Source yet in Colts Neck? Haven't gone yet but man, that looks to be (physically speaking) the best brewery in the state. Hope the beer matches the location.

Co-Owned by a Rutgers alum and reppin NJ in the final round of best brewery in the tri state area

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/4...ooDcksb4O52RVTJHSRxGIb5gTbdZNo7cSP_Ln9xQqHdlw

Ghost Hawk Brewing Company
321 River Road
Clifton, NJ

(Across from Rutts Hut and next to Silk City Distillers) - “Clifton’s Bermuda Triangle”
I/ve mentioned GH in a few previous posts. Really enjoyed eveything that I have tried (and I have tried most everything on the menu). Apex Predator and the stout are my faves (not usually a stout fan but theirs/yours is very good). Need to stop in soon to check out the new Mango Pale Ale.

I/ve mentioned GH in a few previous posts. Really enjoyed eveything that I have tried (and I have tried most everything on the menu). Apex Predator and the stout are my faves (not usually a stout fan but theirs/yours is very good). Need to stop in soon to check out the new Mango Pale Ale.
Thanks! Have seen a bunch of RU shirts come in, Michigan gear gets charged double!

Prairie Birthday Bomb 2019 was good, but the BA Birthday Bomb 2019 was awesome, almost like Kane's BA Mexican Brunch...

Barrel Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coffee, Cocoa Nibs, Vanilla Beans, Chili Peppers, Caramel Sauce and Toffee.

Kane Picture in Reverse Willett Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged old ale was very good. Nice rye barrel with some sweetness and spice...

Picture in Reverse, the annual release of our Barrel-aged Old Ale. The base beer is brewed with a simple malt bill of almost entirely British Golden Promise then boiled down for three hours to reduce and concentrate the wort. After fermentation with our house ale yeast we aged this beer for over 13 months in total. Aged in rye whisky barrels from Willett Distillery.

If you like Kane's Mexican Brunch, I'd suggest you try Ship Bottom's Mexican Stout (only seasonal), beer connoisseur rated it one of the top 110 beers in the world. Tasting room on LBI is great. Starting to get more distribution around the state.

mexican-stout-by-ship-bottom-brewery.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT