ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

The Bronx Brewery variety 12 pack (8 different craft brews in cans if you buy the two 12-packs).

They range form 4.3% to 10.1% alcohol content, but don't lose their great taste even at 10.1%

I'm going to try every beer at the brewfest on Saturday and get my money's worth.

Then have lots of bud light chilled waiting for me in the lot.

I have no intention of going into the stadium unless it's an least tied at halftime

Probably going up to Portland Maine and then Boston next week.

I know Allagash and Shipyard but what other breweries should I definitely hit up in Portland?

Will try to go to Trillium in Boston in the seaport area.

I'm jealous (of the Portland, ME part as I have never been but have been meaning to get up there). But I am going to be up in Beantown in a couple weeks as well. Looking forward to checking out some breweries.

Probably going up to Portland Maine and then Boston next week.

I know Allagash and Shipyard but what other breweries should I definitely hit up in Portland?

Will try to go to Trillium in Boston in the seaport area.
Bissel Brothers?

Kane is the best.

I missed the vanilla bean morning bell. Hoping it comes back.

I have the new ANTEAD but haven't tried it yet. Last versions were awesome.

I'm surprised neither brunch has been released yet.
Missed out on the 2016 batch and variants. Didn’t get selected in the raffle.

I just got the bourbon barrel aged ANTEAD. Gonna let the other one age for a little while.

Reactions: Leonard23
I'm impressed the beer thread is still kicking unlike the keg at my last party

Went to a special event at Screamin' Hill Brewery in Cream Ridge last week. They had a food truck which was great, but no longer allowed with the new law. Some good beers. Tried the Randall Pale Ale, the American Wheat, and the Cole - shhhhh.

Kane 2557 Anniversary Ale is excellent...bourbon, chocolate, coconut goodness.

Perennial Abraxas and Bruery Or Xata still great as always.

Reactions: ajwsc1987

Shoulda gotten some. Damn.

Made it to Troon release last night for a kettle sour. Also enjoyed some of their beers on tap at brick Farm Tavern.

Shoulda gotten some. Damn.

Made it to Troon release last night for a kettle sour. Also enjoyed some of their beers on tap at brick Farm Tavern.
Yeah, it's awesome. Troon is awesome too but I'm not a sour fan.

Went up to Maine to hike Katahdin and stopped at Stowe for some Heady Topper. It kind of grew on me and so did their stout.

Having a 2016 Goose Island BCS tonight.

Prairie Apple Brandy Paradise is just ok...green apple and no coconut. All Paradise versions are weak.

Reactions: bigmatt718
A few excellent brews from Icarus. Spelt Check and Yacht Juice just got canned yesterday and are worth finding.

e76c6deeb359808a8ad4c6c8f2ff24b6_640x640.jpeg

276842.jpg

8fb450a21dd19b2b259b96790d4d50af_640x640.jpeg

Had a couple IPA's from Magnify, Double Dry Hopped Headaches and Frosted Flakes. Bother were very good. If you haven't had Magnfiy's stuff you're missing out. They are as good or better than Kane.

While I've been trying to wind down from the IPAs and Pale Ales this fall, the selection at many of the bars I've been to have made it difficult.

If you like juicy beers and get the chance to try LIC Beer Project's Coded Tiles, do so.

Had a couple IPA's from Magnify, Double Dry Hopped Headaches and Frosted Flakes. Bother were very good. If you haven't had Magnfiy's stuff you're missing out. They are as good or better than Kane.
Disagree. Magnify seems to put out lots of the ne ipa’s, many of which are very good. Kane puts out a much wider variety of styles in addition to some very good Ne ipas. Magnify is good but imo cant even come close to Kane’s BA beers like morning bell, the brunches and ANTEAD.

Not knocking magnify by any means with this post as I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve had from there, but if you are looking for variety and quality, kane is on another level.

I hear ya AJWSC, I love Kane and Morning Bell is off the charts. Magnify is/was very IPA heavy but their recent stouts have been unreal, such as Sleep Walker that I had recently, as good as I've had. Great time for beer lovers in NJ.

I hear ya AJWSC, I love Kane and Morning Bell is off the charts. Magnify is/was very IPA heavy but their recent stouts have been unreal, such as Sleep Walker that I had recently, as good as I've had. Great time for beer lovers in NJ.
I’ll have to try some out! Thanks for the heads up!

Prairie Apple Brandy Paradise is just ok...green apple and no coconut. All Paradise versions are weak.
Paradise is arguably Prairie's weakest Imperial Stout series, which to be fair is still better than 90% of any stout you'll come across. 18 Oskar Blues Death by Coconut is out and 18 Rum BA Pumking was excellent.

Founders announced that CBS will be back again as the final barrel aged beer for 2018 and Ballast Point is also bringing back High West BA Victory at Sea. I think Lagunitas is bringing Willettized back as well. Getting close to Stout Season.

Kane porters, stouts and BA beers are much better than Magnify's. Magnify had 1 really good dark beer: YYKM with chilis, cinnamon, chocolate and coffee. The rest (Impatiently Waiting, Born Day, Sinister Prime Minister, Yertle) are mediocre or worse.
Founders announced that CBS will be back again as the final barrel aged beer for 2018 and Ballast Point is also bringing back High West BA Victory at Sea. I think Lagunitas is bringing Willettized back as well. Getting close to Stout Season.
I thought CBS was a disaster last time, and drain poured half the bottle.

Looking like Shelton Brothers has officially launched in New Jersey, at least North and Central Jersey so far. Prairie, Mikkeller and Dark Horse have been seen in state. Hope we can find Dieu Du Ciel from Montreal soon and Haandbryggeriet from Norway.

Last edited:

Kane is selling the anniversary 2555 and 2557. Had some left over. DDH indicators available for growler fills

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT