ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pretty sweet NIL deal for a non-starter QB

Yikes he may be the backup QB and is still getting this deal?

Buyers remorse for 200 Alex.

Wahlberg is not an alum and I believe grew up in Boston. Eat your heart out BC.

the first line of the article literally states " Ohio State quarterback Kyle McCord is still competing for the Buckeyes starting job"
Yeah all coaches say that, he played the most last year behind stroud. My client is a buckeye booster, he’s the one who told me it would be McCord. 🤷‍♂️

You guys are missing the point:

A place like RU that can offer a QB playing time as an underclassman is marginalized by places that can pay a kid to watch the starters compete for a championship.

At this point football probably should be detached from colleges since it's simply not the same as the other sports. Men's basketball, too.

How? The dealership writes off the cost of the car lease.

Try this: type in the kid’s name in Google. The next word in the suggested search is “car”.
Seems like good advertising,
Do you really think the dealership will get any value out of giving away a car to a QB who has not even won the job yet? Hell Ray Catena could make Wimsatt the face of his franchises and 3/4 of the people in this state would have no idea who the kid is. Its not going to help Ray Catena sell cars but might stroke his ego a bit. Good for the kid who worked out the deal, but how did the Ewers NIL thing work out for those donors at OSU?

Reactions: Rokodesh
They way I read it...they are not giving away the car, but rather leasing it to him for free for 'the season'.

Giving someone use of a Mercedes in order to advertise a Chevrolet dealership is certainly a new take on marketing.

Reactions: rurichdog and mdk01
Quite frankly I'd like to see more of this. Perhaps the local Columbus motorcycle dealer can give the whole starting line each free use of those high speed crotch-rocket motorcyles. And the local liquor store chain can add in a few cases of old grandad. And for good measure maybe the local fireworks empourium can give them a few crates of m80s.

• Haha
Reactions: rurichdog
Do you really think the dealership will get any value out of giving away a car to a QB who has not even won the job yet? Hell Ray Catena could make Wimsatt the face of his franchises and 3/4 of the people in this state would have no idea who the kid is. It's not going to help Ray Catena sell cars but might stroke his ego a bit. Good for the kid who worked out the deal, but how did the Ewers NIL thing work out for those donors at OSU?
Ewers didn't work out but they had the #2 pick. Those donors will just move onto the next guy.

Someday not far away some NIL guys will do some crimes and NIL backers will come back to their senses.
They've been giving these things out like candy to players that are often pretty average

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT