ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Proud Dad - My son is the new OC

RUPsyched

All Conference
Gold Member
May 28, 2010
Hello,

My son, Michael, is a rising Junior and former Safety at Rhodes College. Earlier this year, he was appointed to be the football team's Quality Control Coach. However, Rhodes closed the campus this fall and the SAA Conference cancelled all fall sports. Classes will be online.

The last couple of years, Michael volunteered to help with the his HS football team during spring practices. So, he contacted the coach and told him he would be available to help this fall. The coach hired him as OC for the Freshman team. Hired as in Michael will be paid.

Funny thing. There is a Georgia law that states that football coaches must be at least 21 before having any contact with the students/athletes. So, Michael won't have any student contact until his 21st Birthday on 9/6 wink wink nod nod. While there is no doubt the AD knows that Michael was hired, until 9/6, the AD cannot see Michael working with the students. So, part of his job will be "AD watch". I wonder if there will be AD sighting drills?

I have a niece who is starting her senior year at Rhodes. Loves it. They have an off campus house so they are going back despite it being virtual in the Fall.

:WooHoo:
Congrats is in order and hopefully your son will clime the ranks and have a successful coaching career

Reactions: RUPsyched
Lassiter has excellent sports facilities. One of the best I've seen.
I went to the new gym opening last year. It is an amazing facility. We have the nicest high school softball field I've ever seen, too. The field looks better than the one Rutgers plays on, sadly.

Hello,

My son, Michael, is a rising Junior and former Safety at Rhodes College. Earlier this year, he was appointed to be the football team's Quality Control Coach. However, Rhodes closed the campus this fall and the SAA Conference cancelled all fall sports. Classes will be online.

The last couple of years, Michael volunteered to help with the his HS football team during spring practices. So, he contacted the coach and told him he would be available to help this fall. The coach hired him as OC for the Freshman team. Hired as in Michael will be paid.

Funny thing. There is a Georgia law that states that football coaches must be at least 21 before having any contact with the students/athletes. So, Michael won't have any student contact until his 21st Birthday on 9/6 wink wink nod nod. While there is no doubt the AD knows that Michael was hired, until 9/6, the AD cannot see Michael working with the students. So, part of his job will be "AD watch". I wonder if there will be AD sighting drills?
GO MICHAEL GO. THE BEST TO YA.

I have a niece who is starting her senior year at Rhodes. Loves it. They have an off campus house so they are going back despite it being virtual in the Fall.
My Grand Daughter is doing the same at her school and a friend's daughter at hers. The kids seem to want to be out of the house and on their own on campus,even if it is virtual at the school.

Hello,

Congratulations! I played center for Southwestern at Memphis(now Rhodes) back in my day. Beautiful campus, small D3 school but a quality educational opportunity.

Best wishes on his new career path!

Congratulations! I played center for Southwestern at Memphis(now Rhodes) back in my day. Beautiful campus, small D3 school but a quality educational opportunity.

Best wishes on his new career path!

Hey, Southern Gentleman, I hope this finds you doing well! Interesting, I never realized that you were a "Rhodes" scholar? :WideSmile:

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Hey, Southern Gentleman, I hope this finds you doing well! Interesting, I never realized that you were a "Rhodes" scholar? :WideSmile:

LOL. There are numerous people who know I am far from that distinction!
I am well and started my retirement July 1st!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT