ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ray Lucas throws a jab at James Franklin

kjb: I'm happy to hear you find the victories very meaningful. It plays into the rivalry.

I can't wait till Franklin get his due. He is a real POS. Who knows he may have been involved in a rape cover up himself. He is just a step up from Flood. It cracks me up that he bashed Michigan for negative recruiting and he did that to RU adnauseum

I don't ever recall a second round draft pick killing his coach like Hack did to Franklin

Last edited:
I can't wait till Franklin get his due. He is a real POS. Who knows he may have been involved in a rape cover up himself. He is just a step up from Flood. It cracks me up that he bashed Michigan for negative recruiting and he did that to RU ad nauseum

Yep. "But all coaches negative recruit". OK, then quit whining about Michigan and Ohio State. And we've heard from multiple sources that McQueerbait used to negative recruit the hell out of Rutgers to which I say "karma is a bitch, ain't it?"

Yeah, pretty nice. Rutgers would be a perfect school for hockey but let's be real. You can't even get enough money to support the athletics you currently have.

I would guess I could ask 10 people on the street about Rutgers and they wouldn't even know where it is located.
Wouldn't be surprised if what you said is true when it comes to football recognition and the way football makes schools household names.
Because even though Rutgers played the first intercollegiate football game on Nov. 6, 1869 , RU never placed the same emphasis on its football program like PSU,OSU,MSU,Michigan and other schools did in an effort to be the best .
While those programs I mentioned were investing in their football programs ,the Rutgers administration gave RU FB minimum support and even was indifferent about going to the Rose Bowl (In 1961, Rutgers was considered a contender for the Rose Bowl , but was not selected because university president Mason Gross did not express interest with the Rose Bowl's organizers)

It wasn't until the late 1980s that Rutgers moved from mainly playing what now is
considered (D-1AA) FCS opponents and started scheduling (D-1A) FBS schools
and even then supported RU football like it was a D-1AA program .
Rutgers joined the Big East in 1995, but football didn't start to be funded properly until 2001.
So there is a reason why Rutgers isn't as well know as the PSU,OSU, USC , UCLA,Texas and Bama's. Even private schools like Miami and Syracuse had more support for their football programs from their administrations than the leadership of Rutgers University gave the RU FB program.
Name recognition suffered because of that and that's why you probably c could ask 10 people on the street about Rutgers and they wouldn't even know where it is located.
But if RU followed up the Louisville win in 2006 and kept in the top 10-25 from that game to the present, just about all 10 of those people you would ask could draw a map to where Rutgers is located.

That said: it's RU FB's fault for not building recognition after the Louisville game in 06 by not playing like a top team on a constant bases after that game and Rutgers lost the chance to be recognized as one of the top FB programs.
Because RU FB didn't take advantage of the opportunity and publicity that game in 06 gave the Scarlet Knights a lack of name recognition is the result

If Rutgers protected someone like Sandusky , the University would hasve been shut down.
Penn St survived because of a cult that did everything they could to protect the Penn St
football program without regard to anything else.
Hat ,
How long did it take you to read the entire Freeh Report ? And I mean the entire Freeh Report , not just the Summary ? And please , be succinct , it's not an essay question .

Wasn't Denman highly rated? The difference is you didn't start him as a RS FR with no other options available.

You may be referring to Mahon and Gonzo. I haven't closed the book on either of them. Mangiro was a huge disappointment last year.

Speaking of Mangiro, he's the guy that a year ago you stated was better than Donovan Smith, lol.

And, FYI, BTW, I don't hate Franklin, in fact I love him at PSU. Hope that he's there a long time!

I also agree about asking 10 people on the street about Rutgers. Though, if you do so outside of NJ, they wouldn't know where it is located but you would get a couple who would say "IVY?"
On the other hand, almost everyone would know of PSU and know of the football team and that it is a good school. Almost all would mention Sandusky(not bringing it up to start anything. I actually hate when that is now used as the main area of insult) and almost no one could point to a map and show you where it is located and outside of football fans, if you mentioned asked about Happy Valley, they would look at you like you had two heads.

Speaking of Mangiro, he's the guy that a year ago you stated was better than Donovan Smith, lol.

And, FYI, BTW, I don't hate Franklin, in fact I love him at PSU. Hope that he's there a long time!

Yeah, I shat the bed on that one, eh? I watched the Bucs vs. Browns game last night and Smith was lights-out. There was actually a post on Lions' Den commenting on how amazing he was when healthy and motivated.

Apparently Jesse James has also been good. I thought he was allergic to blocking.

Maryland didn't want him as a HC and preferred Edsall that's all you should know.

Franklin given what he has at PSU, is about as successful as Edsall was at UMD.
I think the moral of that story is, what ever Maryland does, do the opposite. Let me know when Maryland become relevant in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT