ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stay classy Philly

all 4 traffc lights torn down at Chesnut and 17th...exposed wires

They probably can’t even turn the power off those lights, Remotely, without shutting down the whole grid and they can’t do that. Lord knows how long it will take to get someone on the scene.

If New York had a football drought this long, don’t act like they wouldn’t react like this. Get off your high horse.
Yeah... OK. I don't remember Yankee or Ranger fans riotting after winning for first time in years back in the 90s.

Reactions: brgRC90
Be careful what y
Oh boy. I mean, honestly, why wasn’t the National Guard in the city, out there in the areas that they knew this shit was going to happen, by mid afternoon? I mean the whole nation knew what would happen in Philly tonight, this is an a surprise, and they still weren’t prepared?
I think you and Bac should have gone to bed earlier. Anyone who needs to listen to scanners for their jobs knows not to post a play by play because the reports are fluid and constantly changing. I could have turned on a scanner after any big win in any city and come up with the same crap. Anyway, credible reports this morning are stating that it was generally peaceful. Some problems, yes, but not the utter mayhem peddled here. Have a nice day guys and congrats Eagles!

Be careful what y

I think you and Bac should have gone to bed earlier. Anyone who needs to listen to scanners for their jobs knows not to post a play by play because the reports are fluid and constantly changing. I could have turned on a scanner after any big win in any city and come up with the same crap. Anyway, credible reports this morning are stating that it was generally peaceful. Some problems, yes, but not the utter mayhem peddled here. Have a nice day guys and congrats Eagles!

OH? It was all fake news? Is Newsweek a credible source? Philly fans are classless.
http://www.newsweek.com/philly-poli...ic-scenes-philadelphia-fans-riot-after-799321
Police reportedly had to call in help from SWAT teams, Marine units and even requested assistance from Homeland Security and the National Guard.
One exasperated officer said over the scanner: "It’s endless, chief. Endless."

Reactions: RU-AGK
Trump should drop a bomb on Philly. Out of control fans as they always have been. (of course I'm kidding about an actual bomb just in case some riot sympathizer thinks I'm being insensitive)

You should know better. Only a Democratic mayor can drop a bomb on Philadelphia and get away with it.
Phillthy:
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Philadelphia-Commemorates-MOVE-Bombing-430588023.html

Slide1813.jpg

ap8505150394_custom-d65a98669d80d567030f208f824b3e04f5c1c7a4-s900-c85.jpg

Anyway the videos are certainly real. Listening in real time and watching vids of tweets yes alot of this stuff was happening. There were clear fake tweets on twitter about breaking into the zoo and riding ostriches but stuff like the quad running over the trooper was true as it was heard several different times exchanged between officer and dispatcher

LOL, somehow this wouldn't seem that far fetched.

OK- so, what I got out of this so far...First couple of posts by bac- did in fact seem a little political. That was the first thing I noticed. There was a dumbass out there that obviously posted a fake story about a death. But I can't blame anyone for falling for that. And the poster that did so, has since apologized that the fake news did get him...Those are the only two things the Philly guys in this thread can hang their hats on.
But, if you are a Philly fan and either saying this shit happens everywhere or you are in anyway trying to defend or deny that your fans(in the streets) are or are not dumb stupid crap of people, then you are so wrong. And your city, citizens, businesses are going to end up suffering because of this crap. And no, it doesn't happen everywhere. There are a few cities you know that it will and it does and the two most prominent I can think of is Detroit and Philly. Great company you keep

We all knew this would happen whether or not they won. If either TD reception had been reversed under review and the Pats won it likely would have been worse.

My daughter sent me a short vid of her Philly neighborhood. Just one guy standing out in the street yelling "Woooooo" over and over.

The Philly fans in this thread are truly as disgusting as the ones rioting... but at least they have a Superbowl Trophy.

Reactions: RU-AGK
After the MOVE incident I remember the Pravda headline reportedly as "Philadelphia Mayor Bombs Ghetto."

This is just utter stupidity - at a time when you should be taking pride in your city you express it by destroying it???? As sad as it is they Seriously they need to start having curfews in some of these towns that are going to potentially win a championship - not safe for anyone. To think that law enforcement lives are in danger over this nonsense is unconscionable - penalties should be extremely harsh.

Good to see the pearl-clutchers working overtime this week.

This is just utter stupidity - at a time when you should be taking pride in your city you express it by destroying it???? As sad as it is they Seriously they need to start having curfews in some of these towns that are going to potentially win a championship - not safe for anyone. To think that law enforcement lives are in danger over this nonsense is unconscionable - penalties should be extremely harsh.
We get it, you love fascism.

Now that is perfectly fine. I'm happy for philly fans like that... but the rioters and those that want to ignore it or explain it away or just accept it.. its just disgusting.

Oh I agree 100%. Bunch of flaming morons down there. I'll never understand the mind set that thinks this behavior is acceptable.

She knew this would happen and made sure she would have no reason to go out after 6pm. She turned down a party invite because she didn't want to be on the road by herself after the game.

Trump should drop a bomb on Philly. Out of control fans as they always have been. (of course I'm kidding about an actual bomb just in case some riot sympathizer thinks I'm being insensitive)
Yeah but he wouldve dropping that bomb on mostly Trump voters last night.

my daughter was just showing me snapchats from a lot of her friends who go to school in Philly. My god it looked like The Purge. Its amazing someone didn't get killed when the street lights were knocked over. I saw one guy in a car stopped at a light and within a minute he had 15 people on top and around his car trying to tip it over. If that was me I would have just hit the gas. Unfortunately you have .001 % of the fans who think destroying is a cool way to celebrate and give a bad name to the city. Most of what I saw was harmless fun.

Says the guy who thinks there are 40 minutes in a highschool basketball game.

Lol.

I have no idea how many minutes in a HS basketball game either and that was after sleeping at Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm not sure how your response to someone in a thread about stupid Eagle fans makes any sense.

Will never drive to and park in Philly again. Last time I did that, our car was broken into. Nothing of value in the car, but we had some photo albums that were from pre-digital photography that were stolen. Hope the lowlifes enjoyed our personal pictures.

I have no idea how many minutes in a HS basketball game either and that was after sleeping at Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm not sure how your response to someone in a thread about stupid Eagle fans makes any sense.

He said Philly people are all ****ing idiots.

As a resident of Philly for 5 years I don't appreciate being called a ****ing idiot.

Clearly there are idiots outside of Philly too.

He said Philly people are all ****ing idiots.

As a resident of Philly for 5 years I don't appreciate being called a ****ing idiot.

Clearly there are idiots outside of Philly too.

I didn't see that part but then your post does make sense...anyway- stay safe and enjoy your win

Reactions: S_Janowski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT