ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stay classy Philly

Before the parade: There will be a ton of arrests.
During parade, there are only 8.
After parade: That doesn't fit my narrative. The police obviously let things go.

It's naive to suggest that there wasn't a great deal of discretionary law enforcement. Of course there was.

Just imagine the outcome, had the Middlesex County Sheriff's Dept. been responsible for parade security.

Mr Cowboys fan chirps in with useless and irrelevant info yet again .

WTF are you talking about?
The calculations used to come up with the 700k is based on available square feet viewing area and how many people could fit in that area. Using the same method NYC couldn't possibly handle 250k .
Of course you are too dumb to understand math.
You do realize that this parade was over 5 miles long?? I guess not. And of course you have no clue that the Canyon of Heros isnt even a mile. Nor does NYC have anything along the route that is as wide as the Ben Franklin Parkway or as large as Eakins Oval.

Reactions: RM60
Well, either way it was clearly the biggest and greatest parade in the history of the world.

I'll add: When the Birds repeat next year the parade probably will be a little smaller.

And another reason Philly fans have a bad reputation. This statue survived 2,000 years and in one drunken incident it gets ruined by a Phillies fan.

400px-Terracotta_army_5256.jpg

Surveillance video purportedly showed him – dressed in a fuzzy green sweater and Phillies cap – skulking into the closed exhibit with friends. He snapped selfies with his arms draped around the $4.5 million statue known as “The Cavalryman,” and was sending Snapchat messages to friends with photos of the purloined digit the next morning.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...ear-old-chinese-statue-feds-say-20180214.html

and we have our first confirmed dead...so ****ing senseless....EDIT THIS WAS FAKE NEWS...I WAS DUPED....

I’m loling so hard. I didn’t realize you also posted fake news on the free board just thought you did it on the current events board. Funny how you cry about msm fake news when you post so much of it right in this thread. Also why are you so obsssed with Philly it’s blizzare? You’re even more obsessed then you are about hillary Clinton and the dnc. I missed all your threads on all the former trump campaign members arrested tho. Guess you don’t care about crime then? You’re a sad sad man.

the parade was in Philly last time? They need to have the parade in Radnor not Philly. It would be akin to have a Seton Hall parade in Manhatten

the parade was in Philly last time? They need to have the parade in Radnor not Philly. It would be akin to have a Seton Hall parade in Manhatten
Last time they has a parade in Philly and Radnor. Than a rally at the football stadium. I'd wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt a parade in the City this time.
No big deal with last night celebration. All on campus. Nothing in the city as no one cares.

I thought Rafferty called Villanova Seton Hall by mistake last night.

Lots of suburban white kids from NY, NJ, CT and PA in their designer clothes out there setting fires last night on the Main Line.
Vineyard Vines adds some flame retardant in the manufacturing process to protect the consumer in case you get too close to the flames while wildling.

It was a bit of a stretch to hear Nantz talk up Philly as the game was winding down, including trying to tie-in with the Eagles SB win, and Hill talking about Philly toughness. Especially then bringing up a stat about the same city winning the SB and NCAA 'ship in the same year for the first time. Same state would have been accurate though.

The stat is somewhat meaningless in that they're not even the same sport and many D1 colleges/unis across the country based in various cities compared to 30-something NFL football franchises in mostly large and mid-market cities. The overlap is not that much.

Last edited:
It was a bit of a stretch to hear Nantz talk up Philly as the game was winding down, including trying to tie-in with the Eagles SB win, and Hill talking about Philly toughness. Especially then bringing up a stat about the same city winning the SB and NCAA 'ship for the first time. Same state would have been accurate, though.
Totally agree...

stretch-armstrong.gif

With Gabe Kapler at the helm, it's only a matter of time before the Phillies cruise to another World Series title! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: bigmatt718
With Gabe Kapler at the helm, it's only a matter of time before the Phillies cruise to another World Series title! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OMG he's insane. I mean I suspected he was a nut job when I learned about him but I don't see him making it through the all-star break right now. LOL.

OMG he's insane. I mean I suspected he was a nut job when I learned about him but I don't see him making it through the all-star break right now. LOL.
If it weren't for them barely winning their 2nd game, it might be the worst managerial debut in modern history. Kapler looks completely clueless and I think the players (especially Herrera) are already giving up on him. And the season isn't even a week old!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT