ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New Ivies

Why does Israel have to retaliate with a “measured “ response ?

You get attacked as Israel did - you kick the shit out of the enemy - not with a measured response.

Furthermore Hamas said it will repeat what occurred on October 7

You don’t deal with savages with appeasement. You kill the cancer !
They have to respond with a legal response, because they are a treaty to the Geneva convention.

They have not. They have bombed dense civilian populations, killed journalists and aid workers, shot people waiving white flags (including Jewish hostages that were released and waiving a white flag), and impeded humanitarian aid (US laws prohibit funding any country that inhibits humanitarian aid)

These are all violations of the Geneva Convention and are considered war crimes. Israel has not changed their tactics. Our US weapons and US tax dollars should not support that.

Reactions: Kbee3
There are two fundamentalist members of the Israeli government who have made it quite clear what they would have israel do to Palestinians living in the West Bank and Gaza. From the news coming out of both places it appears that they have a lot of power.
BTW, anyone know what percentage of Gaza's population is children ?
This guy is criticizing Israel. He must be an anti-semite:

Pro-Israel folks will never be convinced that Israel has over-stepped its response and that it should refrain from further action. The Hamas Oct attack was absolutely atrocious, yes. And a measured response to that attack was understandable and appropriate. Yet what's transpired since is crazy excessive.

Further, to be critical of the ongoing Israeli conduct does not make you anti-Israel or anti-Semitic. It also doesn't make you pro-Hamas. So take a step back and de-escalate the rhetoric.

Focus on the underlying root cause of the conflict. Until a two-state solution is in place, peace will be illusive. And atrocities will continue.

Now... move this thread to the CE board.
There will never be a two state scenario because the Arab world despises Palestinians moreso than even the Israelis.

A fully sovereign Palestine armed by Iran and Syria and financed by Iran and Russia is not in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan, and Egypt’s interests whatsoever.

Reactions: bac2therac
Semantics are important at Ivy League schools.

And how much time have you spent in Ivy League campuses, anyway? I’d guess not much, given your spelling.

I’d say the political right has become increasingly anti semitic; given its embrace of white nationalism/supremacy. That’s not even remotely debatable.
The right ? Lol it’s all the left doing the riot/protesting and leading the anti Semitic movement and attacks. Where h@ve you been you can’t makeup your own stuff.

Looks like there is a fair amount of garbage in the encampment. Where are the eco-friendlies when you need them?

Would be great if those arrested had to clean up the graffiti, using supplies bought with their own money, as part of their restitution.

I challenge anyone on the right to find a country that is supporting Israel's military approach in the West Bank. Well, the US is providing tacit approval of bombing civilians by providing economic and military aid; thus the protests.

The rest is spin. There are anti-semites joining the protesters now just like the sh!tbag anti-semite protesters who joined the conservative protesters in southern states 2017; chanting "the Jews will not replace us". After a white supremacist drove a car through a crowd of counter protesters, the sitting President at the time gave them aid and comfort by saying "there were very fine people on both sides". That very same President later refused to condemn the anti-semitic Proud Boys in a nationally-televised debate, instead saying "stand by and stand back".

Strangely, the anti-semetic right wingers are pro-Israel (just not the Jews who live in California, NY, Florida- they are evil libs who are destroying our country) in the -enemy-of our-enemy-is-our-friend mentality. They support Israel (because they want to destroy Muslims in Palestine) but they still hate Jews.

I challenge anyone on the right to find a country that is supporting Israel's military approach in the West Bank. Well, the US is providing tacit approval of bombing civilians by providing economic and military aid; thus the protests.

The rest is spin. There are anti-semites joining the protesters now just like the sh!tbag anti-semite protesters who joined the conservative protesters in southern states 2017; chanting "the Jews will not replace us". After a white supremacist drove a car through a crowd of counter protesters, the sitting President at the time gave them aid and comfort by saying "there were very fine people on both sides". That very same President later refused to condemn the anti-semitic Proud Boys in a nationally-televised debate, instead saying "stand by and stand back".

Strangely, the anti-semetic right wingers are pro-Israel (just not the Jews who live in California, NY, Florida- they are evil libs who are destroying our country) in the -enemy-of our-enemy-is-our-friend mentality. They support Israel (because they want to destroy Muslims in Palestine) but they still hate Jews.
It’s not a right vs left issue

It’s a matter of some (I’ll be super conservative and say 25 %) bad apples stirring up trouble

The ones with good intentions (75 %) aren’t distancing themselves from or denouncing the actions of the bad apples - rather, they appear to be joining them, in solidarity no less, thus giving what they initially stood for, at least publicly, no credence

I like the Boston Italian north end, so let’s use that as an example

If I were protesting Whitey Bulger & the corrupt Boston police forcing my people out in the early 80’s, making them move their operation down to Providence while Bulger was operating with impunity, and some others came in throwing chairs, chanting death to the Irish, burning things and causing an overall uproar, I’d be mortified as that’s not what I stood for, nor was the intention of the initial protest

However, regardless of my feelings, if I did nothing, or if I joined them in their revelry, I would be complicit

Which, whether they like it or not, or with the protesters, who aren’t doing anything, let it know in publicly announcing and distancing themselves from the bad actors, are guilty of

And, by definition, and with any semblance of moral standards, is defeating the entire purpose of what they allegedly initially stood for

It’s a matter of some (I’ll be super conservative and say 25 %) bad apples stirring up trouble

The ones with good intentions (75 %) aren’t distancing themselves from or denouncing the actions of the bad apples - rather, they appear to be joining them, in solidarity no less, thus giving what they initially stood for, at least publicly, no credence

If I were protesting Whitey Bulger & the corrupt Boston police forcing my people out in the early 80’s, making them move their operation down to Providence while Bulger was operating with impunity, and some others came in throwing chairs, chanting death to the Irish, burning things and causing an overall uproar, I’d be mortified as that’s not what I stood for, nor was the intention of the initial protest

However, regardless of my feelings, if I did nothing, or if I joined them in their revelry, I would be complicit

Which, whether they like it or not, or with the protesters, who aren’t doing anything, let it know in publicly announcing and distancing themselves from the bad actors, are guilty of

And, by definition, and with any semblance of moral standards, is defeating the entire purpose of what they allegedly initially stood for
It’s always a right vs left issue for them because they can’t take ownership. It’s always someone else’s fault. Look at the stupidity here, oh the US is supporting Israel so that gives our students the right to terrorize campus

They aren't bombing civilians on the West Bank. They ARE doing a poor job of policing extremist settlers on the West Bank. I have seen no US support for that. Only muted criticism, which should be louder.

Reactions: RUMED

I hear what you're saying. You have to keep in mind that these protests were started by most-likely well-intentioned college kids who are looking to shine a light on the war crimes being committed on impoverished civilians. They were likely emboldened by seeing more people from outside the student body join their protests. I'm sure some college student are walking away as the rhetoric is becoming extreme, but again most are just college kids that don't know better, who are being taken advantage by professional rabble-rousers.

I'm done speaking on this topic, but will add to the dialogue of the OP. To that end, why is Maryland considered a NEW Ivy instead of RU?

I hear what you're saying. You have to keep in mind that these protests were started by most-likely well-intentioned college kids who are looking to shine a light on the war crimes being committed on impoverished civilians. They were likely emboldened by seeing more people from outside the student body join their protests. I'm sure some college student are walking away as the rhetoric is becoming extreme, but again most are just college kids that don't know better, who are being taken advantage by professional rabble-rousers.

I'm done speaking on this topic, but will add to the dialogue of the OP. To that end, why is Maryland considered a NEW Ivy instead of RU?
That’s a Fairpoint, but in today’s day and age with social media and public doxing, and with the amount of student debt, some of these kids will occur coming out, after a while they have to be thinking of themselves

“ Why am I even going to take the chance and risk everything for a cause that’s not directly impacting me, and appears to be going in the opposite direction as the initial intention ?”

Reactions: newell138
Rutgers just canceled exams lol
Sets a bad precedent

Essentially teaches young people to act like a lunatic if you’re not getting what you want and eventually you’ll get your way

The entire point of school is to prepare you for the real world - yet actions by the administration here at Rutgers certainly do the polar opposite of that

Sets a bad precedent

Essentially teaches young people to act like a lunatic if you’re not getting what you want and eventually you’ll get your way

The entire point of school is to prepare you for the real world - yet actions by the administration here at Rutgers certainly do the polar opposite of that
Rutgers becoming the latest university to embarrass themselves. Hopefully more and more alumni and other donors wake up and speak with their wallets to these schools. This won't be popular to some, but it's time to stop giving donations to these universities until they clean up the messes they have perpetuated.

Complete lies

Rutgers becoming the latest university to embarrass themselves. Hopefully more and more alumni and other donors wake up and speak with their wallets to these schools. This won't be popular to some, but it's time to stop giving donations to these universities until they clean up the messes they have perpetuated.
They’ll change their tune once the $$ stops coming in

Players taking a knee? Not anymore
BLM advertisements on NBA courts? Nah

NBA players speaking out against China?

Big
Fat
Negative

When the $$ stops coming in, actions change

Motives shift
Causes evaporate

Follow the money, they said…
Follow the money

Reactions: MulletCork
They only postponed exams scheduled for Thursday morning on the College Ave campus, not all finals on all campuses.

I wonder what my prospective client near BU would say if I cancelled our meeting tomorrow due to student protests?

Chances are he’d be staying in the “prospective” bucket from here on out

Reactions: MulletCork
We are talking about why these kids didn't protest until it involved Israel. and once again, get better news sources

CNN —
Ten members of one family – including seven children – are dead after a US drone strike targeting a vehicle in a residential neighborhood of Kabul, a relative of the dead told CNN.

The US carried out what it called a defensive airstrike in Kabul, targeting a suspected ISIS-K suicide bomber who posed an “imminent” threat to the airport, US Central Command said Sunday.

LOL. Probably because it's 7 children, not 14,000, not aid workers, not hostages, and targeted a terrorist not civilians.

Hamas' leadership isn't in Gaza. Did Fox not tell you?

Reactions: Kbee3 and RUMED
Yup. And no protests when Putin threatened nuclear sites and Russian troops murdered and raped civilians in captured parts of Ukraine. And then there's Assad and Syria, Isis in their califate, and on and on.

No students protested Putin?

Total and utter lie.

First google result.

But your media didn't tell you. Likely because of the perceived color of the protesters and inability to capitalize politically.

Reactions: Morrischiano
They absolutely should have
Which goes to show you what this is all about

Hating and the ultimate destruction of the Jews is their outward stated goal, and their actions during these protests, and as lack of previous protests for the US doing things just like Israel is doing right now (killing innocent kids) proves what they’re really about

The Jewish students protesting and holding Seders and Shabbat are...looking to destroy themselves?

Yet regardless of what we think about those those or any other people, we are all beyond blessed to live in the greatest country on God’s green earth

Whether you’re red or blue, that mere fact, my friends, is not debatable

What makes America great is the First Amendment, and it's under threat. And grievous America-only problems like school shootings and medical bankrupcty are played down by those who want the 1A out the window.

As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

The difference is, one side condemns violence and the other is led by someone who;

- has dinner with anti-semites

- says "very fine people on both sides" at Charlottesville

- says Jan 6 was done by 'hostages"

Literally one person in this thread was willing to condemn those on the other side. Isn't that a problem?

Reactions: Kbee3 and RUMED
The Jewish students protesting and holding Seders and Shabbat are...looking to destroy themselves?
Common sense would tell us that the percentage of Jewish students protesting is a fraction of the total amount, as most, whether or not they agree with the hard right regimen of Netanyahu, realizes that these two groups clearly cannot coexist together, as evidenced by October 7 and previous clashes

And again, those that are prostrating, assuming they have noble causes for doing so, are not distancing themselves from the bad apples of the group and aren’t denouncing their actions, which whether they like it or not, or undermining the entire purpose of the whole protest

What makes America great is the First Amendment, and it's under threat. And grievous America-only problems like school shootings and medical bankrupcty are played down by those who want the 1A out the window.
I agree, as whether you’re a Republican or Democrat, the first amendment, applies to everybody

That, along with America’s entrepreneurial spirit and melting pot culture, makes it the greatest country in the world

Has anyone explained why it took one of the supposedly best trained military in the world with some of the best military intel in the world OVER 5 HOURS to respond to the attacks? Keep in mind, Israel is roughly the size of Delaware.

Couldn't be because they were in the West Bank defending radical settlers who attack and murder Palestinians at will.

Couldn't be because the indicted "leader' of israel was attacking protesters fighting his efforts to end democracy in their country

Must be because Jewish college kids at Columbia and elsewhere condemn Israel

LOL. Probably because it's 7 children, not 14,000, not aid workers, not hostages, and targeted a terrorist not civilians.

Hamas' leadership isn't in Gaza. Did Fox not tell you?
From the guy who didn’t even know it happened. You are right, leadership isn’t but the rank and file are. Eliminate the rank and file and then go hunt down the leadership wherever they are. Seems like some are working at Columbia and UCLA

Any Jew who votes for Biden is asking to repeat history. Good luck with that.

Says the guy who is a simp for the party of the Camp Auschwitz sweatshirt and believes "Jew will not replace us" is chanted at rallies of very fine people.

How many synagogue mass shootings happened under Rapin Don? Pittsburgh, Poway...was it Muslims? Oh right it was people who say invasion at muh southern bo(a)rder

From the guy who didn’t even know it happened. You are right, leadership isn’t but the rank and file are. Eliminate the rank and file and then go hunt down the leadership wherever they are. Seems like some are working at Columbia and UCLA

Yeah that really worked with Al Qaeda, good thing your party let him run free until a patriot finally took him out instead of invading and destroying Iraq. What a solid example for Israel to follow.

Common sense would tell us that the percentage of Jewish students protesting is a fraction of the total amount, as most, whether or not they agree with the hard right regimen of Netanyahu, realizes that these two groups clearly cannot coexist together, as evidenced by October 7 and previous clashes

And again, those that are prostrating, assuming they have noble causes for doing so, are not distancing themselves from the bad apples of the group and aren’t denouncing their actions, which whether they like it or not, or undermining the entire purpose of the whole protest

No it isn't. It is a very large number. Ever hear of Jewish Voices for Palestine?

One of many groups.

Most Jewish Americans are on the left for a reason.

I agree, as whether you’re a Republican or Democrat, the first amendment, applies to everybody

That, along with America’s entrepreneurial spirit and melting pot culture, makes it the greatest country in the world

The House passed a bill in such deep conflict with the 1A yesterday both MTG and AOC voted it down.

Show your work
Show me where a large percentage
No it isn't. It is a very large number. Ever hear of Jewish Voices for Palestine?

One of many groups.

Most Jewish Americans are on the left for a reason.
Show me where its been validated that a large percentage of the students who are Jewish are the ones that are protesting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT